FEMA Double Standard: Joplin vs New Orleans

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
APNewsBreak: FEMA favors existing housing for Joplin victims, but some up to 55 miles away - The Washington Post

Temporary housing will be made available for up to 18 months. Some people along the Gulf Coast still live in FEMA trailers nearly six years after Hurricane Katrina.

WTF is wrong with the Obama Administration?

Why aren't temp houses available for NEARLY SIX YEARS for Joplin Tornado Victims???

Is it BECAUSE THEY ARE WHITE!!:eek:

Maybe there should be fewer $$$ spent dropping bombs on Lybia, and more on temporary housing for victims of Natural Disasters that live OUTSIDE New Orleans?

Not to worry, Samson - they denied help to Southwestern Virginia as well. They got hit by those tornadoes that came through here. Hell, folks in the Appalachians are pretty far down on the poverty level ... but, come to think of it, there are white majorities all through there, too. I figured it was because Virginia has a Republican Governor. Maybe Missouri's Governor is Republican? Maybe it's all of the above.

Not to worry, Samson - they denied help to Southwestern Virginia as well. They got hit by those tornadoes that came through here. Hell, folks in the Appalachians are pretty far down on the poverty level ... but, come to think of it, there are white majorities all through there, too. I figured it was because Virginia has a Republican Governor. Maybe Missouri's Governor is Republican? Maybe it's all of the above.

If you're white, the best thing to do after a storm destroys your home is find some brown shoe polish and a National News Team.

If you're white, the best thing to do after a storm destroys your home is find some brown shoe polish and a National News Team.
Or make sure you live in a state with a democratic governor
;)

;)

:(

I might rather have a tornado hit my home.

***places brown shoe polish in emergency kit, next to bottled water***

Possibly because these people believe in helping themselves and not expect the government to take care of them birth to grave. And lets not forget that NO was NOT the only place hit and destroyed by katrina, THEY haven received what NO did either.

I watched a news piece last night.... its the people of joplin helping each other.

;)

:(

I might rather have a tornado hit my home.

***places brown shoe polish in emergency kit, next to bottled water***

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGFCycoDhkw]YouTube - ‪Obama vows to restore Joplin [CNN: 5-30-2011]‬‏[/ame]

Lets hope he doesn't change his mind.

Brown shoe polish, eh? *Granny makes survival note to self*

Syrenn - you are absolutely right. Mississippi really got the short end of the stick and I don't think Alabama fared much better.

Possibly because these people believe in helping themselves and not expect the government to take care of them birth to grave. And lets not forget that NO was NOT the only place hit and destroyed by katrina, THEY haven received what NO did either.

I watched a news piece last night.... its the people of joplin helping each other.

You must have been watching news footage from some sort of weirdly ignorant, religious, Libertarian, survivalist group that was probably from Texas..

Brown shoe polish, eh? *Granny makes survival note to self*

Syrenn - you are absolutely right. Mississippi really got the short end of the stick and I don't think Alabama fared much better.

They got flattened! And they weren't mollycoddled either.

I am really sorry ALL of these people in these disasters have had their homes ruined. It is NOT the responsibility of the government to rebuild peoples lives and homes.

Do 'A' ' 'A' is wrong for some they prefer 'B,' do 'B' 'B' is wrong for some, do 'A and B' and you should be doing 'C.' The internet is a wonderful place to whine isn't it?

"FEMA’s first option for housing the thousands of displaced is to find them existing rental housing within a 55-mile radius of Joplin, because there isn’t much housing left in the city of nearly 50,000 residents that was left badly damaged by the May 22 tornado, spokeswoman Susie Stonner told The Associated Press. Nearly a third of the city was damaged by the violent storm that left killed more than 130 people. Twenty-nine people remained unaccounted for Monday." from OP link

From the piece they are doing [?], select the option you'd like to whine about and raise it to the level of partisanship or racism or just plain conspiratorial nonsense. 'Mommy, Joanie isn't sharing.' Childish prattle.

Last edited:
Do 'A' ' 'A' is wrong for some they prefer 'B,' do 'B' 'B' is wrong for some, do 'A and B' and you should be doing 'C.' The internet is a wonderful place to whine isn't it?

"FEMA’s first option for housing the thousands of displaced is to find them existing rental housing within a 55-mile radius of Joplin, because there isn’t much housing left in the city of nearly 50,000 residents that was left badly damaged by the May 22 tornado, spokeswoman Susie Stonner told The Associated Press. Nearly a third of the city was damaged by the violent storm that left killed more than 130 people. Twenty-nine people remained unaccounted for Monday." from OP link

From the piece they are doing [?], select the option you'd like to whine about and raise it to the level of partisanship or racism or just plain conspiratorial nonsense. 'Mommy, Joanie isn't sharing.' Childish prattle.

You didn't mind doing JUST that after Katrina. Ohh wait that was a Republican so it is ok to lie, whine and mislead then, right?

I wanted to see if you could be as pointless during the a.m. as any other part of the day.

Thanks for playing.

and yours is either liberal, or racist Sam....

He has a very valid point. That does not make him racist.

Wow.....FEMA treats the white residents of Joplin differently than the Black residents of New Orleans and....

***drumroll please***

I'm the racist.:eusa_eh:

I think the point poor pointless sparky is trying to make is that:

If you don't have a point, post like you do.

You didn't mind doing JUST that after Katrina. Ohh wait that was a Republican so it is ok to lie, whine and mislead then, right?

Indeed, its not "Childish Prattle" unless a republican is president.

Then it's "Justifiable Outrage."

(please note: Not one lib has shown up to wonder why, 6 fucking years after Katrina, FEMA is still housing anyone from New Orleans)

Old news.
There is a thread that already went through all this.
There has been a ban on trailer homes in this city for years.

There should be a ban on FEMA trailers everywhere. They are incredibly unsafe, they do not pass the governments own safety codes...and the government has abandoned 100,000's of them in fields scattered across the south because they cannot sell them since they violate the most basic safety and structural soundness codes.

Forum List

Back