Feline Parasite Can Control Your Mind

Sgt_Gath

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2014
HOW A CAT PARASITE AFFECTS YOUR BEHAVIOR, MENTAL HEALTH, AND SEX DRIVE

Parasitic mind-control is common in the animal kingdom. The rabies virus produces a delirious rage in its dying host, causing the animal to infect new victims with its bite. The hairworm Spinochordodes tellinii manipulates the brains of crickets into committing suicide by leaping into water, where the worm can breed. When the protozoan Toxoplasma gondii enters a rodent, the animal’s natural fear of cat urine is reversed. The rodent becomes attracted to the odor of its predator, and when eaten, the parasite is able to spawn inside the feline’s intestines.

Although Toxoplasma is primarily a rodent parasite, human beings are not immune. Our cohabitation with cats ensures ample opportunity for toxoplasmosis to occur through fecal contact. Since its discovery in the early 1900s, the protozoan had been widely viewed as a relatively benign passenger in humans. The only perceived threat was to patients with compromised immune systems (such as people with AIDS) and pregnant women whose fetuses are often deformed or aborted by the pathogen. It was believed that a healthy human host could control the parasite indefinitely. New evidence suggests the opposite. Through a delicate finessing of the neurotransmitters in our brains, it is us who are being controlled.

Dr. Jaroslav Flegr was the first to make these claims in 2002. Analyzing traffic data, the Czech parasitologist discovered that toxoplasmosis-infected drivers are 2.6 times more likely to be involved in car crashes. Flegr sees a parallel between the risk-taking behavior of infected rodents and the risk-taking behavior of the infected motorists. It was a pattern the scientist had noticed first in himself.

While attending Charles University in Prague, the usually conscientious Flegr realized that he had suddenly become bolder. The student frequently found himself crossing the street without looking, oblivious to the blaring of car horns around him. He also began openly criticizing the Communist government, at a time when dissent was a crime. It wasn’t until he tested positive for toxoplasmosis as part of an unrelated research project that Flegr began to make sense of his recklessness. If the parasite could alter the behavior of rodents, he reasoned, why not humans too?

Flegr tested his theory by administering personality inventories to toxoplasma-positive and -negative populations. In test after test, the results were consistent. Infected men were “more likely to disregard rules,” and were more “suspicious, jealous, and dogmatic.” The traits of the women were the exact opposite. They were more “warm-hearted,” “outgoing,” and “moralistic.” A further decade of research has uncovered links to a variety of conditions as far-ranging as ADHD, OCD, schizophrenia, and suicidality.

I sat down recently with Dr. Flegr at his office in Prague to discuss how a tiny parasite living inside of at least 10 percent of Americans and 30 to 50 percent of the world’s population can so profoundly alter who we are.

Yeesh. Apparently, this feline parasite is capable of controlling your mind without you even being aware. It seems to exist primarily to get you killed, theoretically, by a big cat, so that it can complete its life cycle.

It makes men more aggressive, careless, and promiscuous, while making women more docile. It can also cause conditions like schizophrenia and depression.

It seems to be fairly common as well, afflicting at least 10% of the population in the developed world, and possibly as much as 50% of the population worldwide.

My uncle actually came down with schizophrenia himself, after spending decades with cats as pets. I can't help but wonder if this might have been the cause.

Well, that explains all of my family being susceptible to equine mind control.

I am a decent horseman, but I would rather eat one any day.

HOW A CAT PARASITE AFFECTS YOUR BEHAVIOR, MENTAL HEALTH, AND SEX DRIVE

Parasitic mind-control is common in the animal kingdom. The rabies virus produces a delirious rage in its dying host, causing the animal to infect new victims with its bite. The hairworm Spinochordodes tellinii manipulates the brains of crickets into committing suicide by leaping into water, where the worm can breed. When the protozoan Toxoplasma gondii enters a rodent, the animal’s natural fear of cat urine is reversed. The rodent becomes attracted to the odor of its predator, and when eaten, the parasite is able to spawn inside the feline’s intestines.

Although Toxoplasma is primarily a rodent parasite, human beings are not immune. Our cohabitation with cats ensures ample opportunity for toxoplasmosis to occur through fecal contact. Since its discovery in the early 1900s, the protozoan had been widely viewed as a relatively benign passenger in humans. The only perceived threat was to patients with compromised immune systems (such as people with AIDS) and pregnant women whose fetuses are often deformed or aborted by the pathogen. It was believed that a healthy human host could control the parasite indefinitely. New evidence suggests the opposite. Through a delicate finessing of the neurotransmitters in our brains, it is us who are being controlled.

Dr. Jaroslav Flegr was the first to make these claims in 2002. Analyzing traffic data, the Czech parasitologist discovered that toxoplasmosis-infected drivers are 2.6 times more likely to be involved in car crashes. Flegr sees a parallel between the risk-taking behavior of infected rodents and the risk-taking behavior of the infected motorists. It was a pattern the scientist had noticed first in himself.

While attending Charles University in Prague, the usually conscientious Flegr realized that he had suddenly become bolder. The student frequently found himself crossing the street without looking, oblivious to the blaring of car horns around him. He also began openly criticizing the Communist government, at a time when dissent was a crime. It wasn’t until he tested positive for toxoplasmosis as part of an unrelated research project that Flegr began to make sense of his recklessness. If the parasite could alter the behavior of rodents, he reasoned, why not humans too?

Flegr tested his theory by administering personality inventories to toxoplasma-positive and -negative populations. In test after test, the results were consistent. Infected men were “more likely to disregard rules,” and were more “suspicious, jealous, and dogmatic.” The traits of the women were the exact opposite. They were more “warm-hearted,” “outgoing,” and “moralistic.” A further decade of research has uncovered links to a variety of conditions as far-ranging as ADHD, OCD, schizophrenia, and suicidality.

I sat down recently with Dr. Flegr at his office in Prague to discuss how a tiny parasite living inside of at least 10 percent of Americans and 30 to 50 percent of the world’s population can so profoundly alter who we are.

Yeesh. Apparently, this feline parasite is capable of controlling your mind without you even being aware. It seems to exist primarily to get you killed, theoretically, by a big cat, so that it can complete its life cycle.

It makes men more aggressive, careless, and promiscuous, while making women more docile. It can also cause conditions like schizophrenia and depression.

It seems to be fairly common as well, afflicting at least 10% of the population in the developed world, and possibly as much as 50% of the population worldwide.

My uncle actually came down with schizophrenia himself, after spending decades with cats as pets. I can't help but wonder if this might have been the cause.

Sounds just like having to sit in a room for 8 hours a day, and listening to fucking brain dead liberals discussing world affairs! I presume that the liberals had cats?

Although reading poster #6's ravings all day could have the same effect!

Last edited:
This has been known for a while. Pathogen models can, in some cases, make better sense of what is going on that genetic models. It's hypothesized that an unknown pathogen may be the root cause of homosexuality. That would certainly resolve a lot of the genetic questions.

Same with mental illness. Check out borna virus:

We detected anti-Borna disease virus (BDV) antibodies at a 14.4% rate in patients with schizophrenia. The hypothesis of a higher rate of BDV seropositivity in deficit syndrome was borne out in a subset of 64 patients categorized according to the Schedule for the Deficit Syndrome with 5/15 seropositive deficit and 4/49 seropositive nondeficit (p < 0.05). This suggests that the antibodies and possibly a BDV-like virus are pathogenetically linked to this form of schizophrenia.​

Amazing. This one got all the way to post number three before getting hijacked by the politically obsessed.

This place must be improving. :thup:

What? You think cats don't already know this?

Seriously, this parasite is far more prevalent in the meat you eat. That's why you are always cautioned to cut chicken etc on a separate cutting board and to take other precautions.

Don't know about your uncle, but how can we get liberals to eat that worm that causes the host to commit suicide ?

Now you're wishing death on your fellow Americans.

How typical.

Why can the rabid (yes, rabid) RWs ever just stay on topic? Why do some ALWAYS have to use every thread for their nasty, anti-American attacks?

Oh and don't forget that pregnant women should not change the litter box or handle raw meat.

Yes, that might seem extreme but isn't it worth it?

CDC - Toxoplasmosis - General Information - Frequently Asked Questions FAQs

How do people get toxoplasmosis?
A Toxoplasma infection occurs by:

• Eating undercooked, contaminated meat (especially pork, lamb, and venison).
  • Accidental ingestion of undercooked, contaminated meat after handling it and not washing hands thoroughly (Toxoplasma cannot be absorbed through intact skin).
  • Eating food that was contaminated by knives, utensils, cutting boards and other foods that have had contact with raw, contaminated meat.
  • Drinking water contaminated with Toxoplasma gondii.
  • Accidentally swallowing the parasite through contact with cat feces that contain Toxoplasma. This might happen by
    1. cleaning a cat's litter box when the cat has shed Toxoplasma in its feces
    2. touching or ingesting anything that has come into contact with cat feces that contain Toxoplasma
    3. accidentally ingesting contaminated soil (e.g., not washing hands after gardening or eating unwashed fruits or vegetables from a garden)
  • Mother-to-child (congenital) transmission.
  • Receiving an infected organ transplant or infected blood via transfusion, though this is rare.

Don't know about your uncle, but how can we get liberals to eat that worm that causes the host to commit suicide ?

How typical.

Why can the rabid (yes, rabid) RWs ever just stay on topic? Why do some ALWAYS have to use every thread for their nasty, anti-American attacks?

I just asked a question, it's not as if I was wishing you to eat a worm or anything. By the way, do you fish ? I could send you some worms to try out.

How typical.

Oh, and by the way, technically I'm not wishing death ON THEM, I'm only wishing they get what they want and since they're committing suicide, death is what they're wanting and I'm only wanting to see them get their wish. Understand ?

Do schitzphrenics like cats or do cat parasites prey on schitzphrenics? Such a conundrum. It's always a good idea not to share body fluids with your pet.

Forum List

Back