Feds File Another Suit Against AZ

The Justice Department filed another lawsuit against immigration practices by Arizona authorities, saying Monday that a network of community colleges acted illegally in requiring noncitizens to provide their green cards before they could be hired for jobs.

washingtonpost.com

Insanity.
WTF!?!?!?!
for ANYONE to be hired they have to show the ability to work in the USA
even citizens

According to the article, all they have to do is sign a form "saying" they are legal. No further inquiry may be done.

The plaintiffs were not DENIED employment. They are just complaining that they were inconvenienced by the extra paperwork. And for this our Justice Dept. gets involved.

Insanity.

According to the article, all they have to do is sign a form "saying" they are legal. No further inquiry may be done.

The plaintiffs were not DENIED employment. They are just complaining that they were inconvenienced by the extra paperwork. And for this our Justice Dept. gets involved.

Insanity.
take a look at the ACTUAL I-9 form'

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf

this case is BS and if ANY judge allows this suit to go forward they are reversing YEARS of federal employment law

Insanity.
take a look at the ACTUAL I-9 form'

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf

this case is BS and if ANY judge allows this suit to go forward they are reversing YEARS of federal employment law

Let's see them fight LA RAZA, the biggest street gang in the US today.

What did Jan Brewer think, that Americans would just accept these gestapo tactics? AZ is a part of the US and she is not only allowing it's citizens to be harassed, she's encouraging it.

What did Jan Brewer think, that Americans would just accept these gestapo tactics? AZ is a part of the US and she is not only allowing it's citizens to be harassed, she's encouraging it.
gee, following the laws the Federal government set for ALL business is somehow WRONG?
do some reading for a change and learn something Sarah

gee, following the laws the Federal government set for ALL business is somehow WRONG?

You need to learn something, you've never been asked to produce a green card or been stopped by a cop on the street wanting to see papers proving you're a citizen.

I'm offended that they even thought this would fly, if they want to secede, let them start the process. I do understand their problems with ilegals and crime but this bill is not fair to the citizenry of AZ.

Back to the drawing board.

You need to learn something, you've never been asked to produce a green card or been stopped by a cop on the street wanting to see papers proving you're a citizen.

I'm offended that they even thought this would fly, if they want to secede, let them start the process. I do understand their problems with ilegals and crime but this bill is not fair to the citizenry of AZ.

stop being such a moron, Sarah
look at what needs to be produced even for YOU to get a job
you have to show PROOF of eligibility to work in the USA
YES, even YOU have to do this

How many private businesses across the country are now taking extra precautions when it comes to hiring foreigners? Will they go after them too? Or will they just fine them AFTER they mistakenly hire and illegal?

Plenty of Americans would be happy to provide their birth certificate to get a job in a community college, dontcha think?

Many ilegals have a tax id number and even pay taxes. You really need to find a different argument. Your logic is faulty to say the least.

The Justice Department filed another lawsuit against immigration practices by Arizona authorities, saying Monday that a network of community colleges acted illegally in requiring noncitizens to provide their green cards before they could be hired for jobs.

washingtonpost.com

Insanity.

I think you might have misread the article, Chanel.

My read is that it wasn't demanding that the applicants merely produce a green card.

It was (apparently) demanding of those who have a green card those "other documents" where the school got into trouble.

Now we don't know what those "other documents" are, do we?

One would think that the Washinton Post would have been good enough to tell us what those "other documents" were, too.

Although you could be right, too, and I might be confused

This is another example of such sloppy journalism that we don't really know what the problem is.

Is the school in trouble for demanding a green card, or was it sued for demanding those "other documents"?

The lawsuit was filed Tuesday before the Executive Office for Immigration Review, a Justice Department unit that adjudicates immigration cases. It was filed on behalf of Zainul Singaporewalla, a U.S. permanent resident who applied for a math teaching position at Glendale Community College, part of the Maricopa network.

After filling out a federal form attesting to his immigration status and producing a driver's license and Social Security card, he was told to complete another form with more immigration-related information, the lawsuit said.

ad_label_leftjust.gif

That form required other documents and his green card. When he couldn't present his green card, the lawsuit said, the college would not process his paperwork and declined to hire him.

The government is asking a judge within the Justice Department unit to order the Maricopa colleges to pay a civil penalty of $1,100 for each of the 247 non-U.S. citizen job applicants it says were required to produce the additional documents. It says the colleges ended the practice in January.

Last edited:

Have you ever been drafted?

washingtonpost.com

Insanity.

I think you might have misread the article, Chanel.

My read is that it wasn't demanding that the applicants merely produce a green card.

It was (apparently) demanding of those who have a green card those "other documents" where the school got into trouble.

Now we don't know what those "other documents" are, do we?

One would think that the Washinton Post would have been good enough to tell us what those "other documents" were, too.

Although you could be right, too, and I might be confused

This is another example of such sloppy journalism that we don't really know what the problem is.

Is the school in trouble for demanding a green card, or was it sued for demanding those "other documents"?

The lawsuit was filed Tuesday before the Executive Office for Immigration Review, a Justice Department unit that adjudicates immigration cases. It was filed on behalf of Zainul Singaporewalla, a U.S. permanent resident who applied for a math teaching position at Glendale Community College, part of the Maricopa network.

After filling out a federal form attesting to his immigration status and producing a driver's license and Social Security card, he was told to complete another form with more immigration-related information, the lawsuit said.

ad_label_leftjust.gif

That form required other documents and his green card. When he couldn't present his green card, the lawsuit said, the college would not process his paperwork and declined to hire him.

The government is asking a judge within the Justice Department unit to order the Maricopa colleges to pay a civil penalty of $1,100 for each of the 247 non-U.S. citizen job applicants it says were required to produce the additional documents. It says the colleges ended the practice in January.

He couldn't produce his green card. Too bad. If I couldn't produce my teaching certificate or my transcripts, or my immunization records, or my criminal background check, etc, I would never have been hired as a teacher either.

Extra documents? I don't know what they are, but I'm sure they were available from somewhere. Big deal.

The fact is that pursuing this ridiculous lawsuit just shows the contempt the Justice Dept. has for AZ and for U.S. citizens in general. Maybe it's time we start a "Hire Americans First" initiative. Get to the back of the line if you lost your frickin green card.

Many ilegals have a tax id number and even pay taxes. You really need to find a different argument. Your logic is faulty to say the least.
you just proved the reason why they asked for his green card, the other documents might not have looked legit

Forum List

Back