Feds Can't Enforce Net Neutrality

Good grief, it's amazing how some panic when government doesn't have control over something. What to do? Libs are in a panic. How horrible would it be if they couldn't copy and paste the daily talking points as quickly? I think we'll survive.

Ask yourself, "Can I trust my cable provider to be fair?" they were suing for the right to be as unfair as they want and to squeeze more money from us and by god you guys took their side over the American consumer, how screwed up is that?

Can I trust my cable provider?

I don't get my internet from my cable provider, next question.

who do you get it from?

Good grief, it's amazing how some panic when government doesn't have control over something. What to do? Libs are in a panic. How horrible would it be if they couldn't copy and paste the daily talking points as quickly? I think we'll survive.

Ask yourself, "Can I trust my cable provider to be fair?" they were suing for the right to be as unfair as they want and to squeeze more money from us and by god you guys took their side over the American consumer, how screwed up is that?
Apparently you don’t have a clue as to what net neutrality is actually trying to accomplish. Here is a hint – tiered data plans have nothing to do with it whatsoever. Such data plans have always been around and still are. The issue has to do with targeted slowing of certain connections BECAUSE THEY FUCK UP THE CONNECTION FOR EVERYONE ELSE. The government, in its amazing idiocy, is trying to demand that a company provide you with an even connection regardless of how you fuck up the system for everyone else.

The problem may go away anyway as speeds reach such ridiculous highs that ISP’s are capable of delivering all requested content but that is not necessarily going to be a continuing trend. As video becomes more prevalent and people demand higher and higher qualities, the data ‘highway’ so to speak may very well become clogged. That is what started this entire debate. Essentially, YouTube was headed to bring the internet bottlenecks to their knees because of the ever increasing data requirements. Add Netflix to that and you might end up with a serious problem.

These idiotic statements about ISP’s blocking political content and sweetheart deals are asinine at best. Google and Yahoo are not the problem. The government FORCING an ISP to allow heavy users such as myself to pull terabytes of data down continually from the real problem sites like YouTube and Netflix as well as various P2P software create the problem and the ISP want to throttle those sources of high use in periods that the lion’s share of their customer base needs that bandwidth as well. Just because the connection that you have can support one speed does not mean that the ISP can support that speed from ALL their customers at the same time. Bottlenecks exist.

What makes you think that the government should have the right to fuck over the average customer for those that are moving such large amounts of data around all the time? Why does an ISP HAVE to support YouTube connections transferring MASSIVE amounts of data in the same manner that your Email is handled? Why can’t the ISP determine what is more important to THEIR CUSTOMERS?

Look another fucking retard who doesn't understand why the regulations where in place. She just see government and instantly is against it.

Fuck you, and the fact you are to fucking stupid to understand the fact the regulations where keeping the Internet open for everyone to use.

Stupid low information voters.

Stop looking in the mirror and you might not have to see so many people that have no clue about what net neutrality accomplishes.

Government is not about efficiency. It is about making themselves richer. Any ruling that is kicking govt. out of the business of our lives is a good one.

you keep thinking this when your net is slowed down to crawl.
Lose of business are you kidding me? when every ISP is doing it you will have no choice if you want to get on the internet.

I knew you guys would defend this because the dirty "regulation" word is being used. You people are as just as dangerous as these ISP providers.

Did you even read the link you posted? Did you see the part where it only applies to cell phone carriers? Unless you get all your internet access by paying more for data than voice you won't even notice.

no its not.

Sorry, I forgot I was talking to the hack.

The problem is really quite simple, all the FCC has to do is stop pretending that "broadband carriers" aren't common carriers. Scalia spelled it out for them years ago, but they insist that they have to be able to regulate people they have no legal basis to regulate.

To enforce net neutrality, the FCC has to decide that Verizon is a common carrier - Businessweek

Look another fucking retard who doesn't understand why the regulations where in place. She just see government and instantly is against it.

Fuck you, and the fact you are to fucking stupid to understand the fact the regulations where keeping the Internet open for everyone to use.

Stupid low information voters.

Stop looking in the mirror and you might not have to see so many people that have no clue about what net neutrality accomplishes.

great more nothing

so you are against a free flowing internet...Got it.

I fully support a free flowing internet, why the fuck do you think I want to keep the government out of the picture?

then you dont understand the issue

Because no government on the planet has ever, or will ever, think about restricting access to the internet.

Unless, of course, we count China, Australia, the European Union, Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States, and every other fucking government on the planet as governments.

who do you get it from?

Why the fuck would anyone answer a personal question from a random asshole on the internet?

By the way, I don't have cable, so I obviously don't need to trust my cable company. Unlike the idiots that depend on the government to protect them I find my own solutions when presented with things that I think are wrong.

Last edited:
Did you even read the link you posted? Did you see the part where it only applies to cell phone carriers? Unless you get all your internet access by paying more for data than voice you won't even notice.

no its not.

The problem is really quite simple, all the FCC has to do is stop pretending that "broadband carriers" aren't common carriers. Scalia spelled it out for them years ago, but they insist that they have to be able to regulate people they have no legal basis to regulate.

To enforce net neutrality, the FCC has to decide that Verizon is a common carrier - Businessweek

uh no.

Net neutrality is an idea that's governed the Internet since the beginning: that all Internet users deserve equal access to online information, no matter whether you use Verizon or Comcast. Internet service providers should be "neutral" to the content their customers consume.

you motherfucking dipshit. it doesnt make a difference if its Phone OR cable. This affects you regardless of whatever group you happen to belong to. Left right center.

Imagine a situation where Comcast makes a sweetheart deal with Yahoo. Yahoo searches nice and fast for Comcast subscribers, but Google, Bing and the other search engines are substantially slower.

this is what happens if you take away net neutrality.

who do you get it from?

Why the fuck would anyone answer a personal question from a random asshole on the internet?

By the way, I don't have cable, so I obviously don't need to trust my cable company. Unlike the idiots that depend on the government to protect them I find my own solutions when presented with things that I think are wrong.

because im curious to what set up you have. Typically people just bundle their services.

Excuse me for being curious you paranoid narcissist.
And who the fuck are you to get bent out of shape about being personal? You make every god damn issue about you.

no its not.

uh no.

Net neutrality is an idea that's governed the Internet since the beginning: that all Internet users deserve equal access to online information, no matter whether you use Verizon or Comcast. Internet service providers should be "neutral" to the content their customers consume.
you motherfucking dipshit. it doesnt make a difference if its Phone OR cable. This affects you regardless of whatever group you happen to belong to. Left right center.

Imagine a situation where Comcast makes a sweetheart deal with Yahoo. Yahoo searches nice and fast for Comcast subscribers, but Google, Bing and the other search engines are substantially slower.

I don't give a fuck, I don't use Comcast.

I fully support a free flowing internet, why the fuck do you think I want to keep the government out of the picture?

Because no government on the planet has ever, or will ever, think about restricting access to the internet.

Unless, of course, we count China, Australia, the European Union, Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States, and every other fucking government on the planet as governments.

America doesn't restrict you. Sigh..

who do you get it from?

because im curious to what set up you have. Typically people just bundle their services.

Typically, people bundle because they don't look around. I can get the exact same aDSL service AT&T bundles with their over priced phone for less than what idiots who bundle pay for their phone.

uh no.

again making it about yourself...You fucking retard of a human being. ITS NOT ABOUT YOU. IT WAS AN EXAMPLE.

Holy mother fucking shit you are one of the dumbest people i have ever ran into of all the internet.

Typically, people bundle because they don't look around. I can get the exact same aDSL service AT&T bundles with their over priced phone for less than what idiots who bundle pay for their phone.

ok so you decided to shop around and get the best deal...

America doesn't restrict you. Sigh..

I can actually prove that the United States restricts access to the internet. If I do, will you stop posting here?

Never mind, I know the answer.

While you sit there sputtering about how the US government doesn't restrict the internet feel free to educate yourself with just one example of how it does.

How the feds took down the Dread Pirate Roberts | Ars Technica

uh no.

again making it about yourself...You fucking retard of a human being. ITS NOT ABOUT YOU. IT WAS AN EXAMPLE.

Holy mother fucking shit you are one of the dumbest people i have ever ran into of all the internet.

Believe it or not, I do care about others, which is why I refuse to pretend I know what is best for them.

ok so you decided to shop around and get the best deal...

It is far from the best deal. I chose the one that gives me what I want.

Forum List

Back