Feds Can't Enforce Net Neutrality

Plasmaball

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
Feds Can't Enforce Net Neutrality: What This Means For You : All Tech Considered : NPR

In a landmark ruling Tuesday, a federal appeals court has struck down key parts of the Federal Communications Commission's open-Internet rules, effectively ruling that the federal government cannot enforce net neutrality. Put more simply, it can't require that Internet service providers treat all traffic equally.

this isnt a good thing and sadly people will defend this ruling.

Judges did, however, preserve the disclosure requirements that say while Verizon and other carriers can make some traffic run faster or block services, they have to tell subscribers they're doing it.

This is what Free market gets you for people always claiming that free market is the way to go. Dont start bitching when USMB starts loading slower for you via your ISP and is blocked because it doesnt jive with the ISP's political agenda.

Has nothing to do with agenda when it comes to hops and ISP peering.. it could have to do with 2 companies feuding...

Quite frankly, it is the ISP's traffic gateway.. if they wish to not peer with another connection or to not add bandwidth, so be it... if they do so, it will lose them business, but it is their freedom and choice...

Free market.. better than the totalitarian style of control you keep calling for

USMB will deliver slower speed to fucking idiots and Liberals, so Plasma will be double slow!

Oh nose!

Has nothing to do with agenda when it comes to hops and ISP peering.. it could have to do with 2 companies feuding...

Quite frankly, it is the ISP's traffic gateway.. if they wish to not peer with another connection or to not add bandwidth, so be it... if they do so, it will lose them business, but it is their freedom and choice...

Free market.. better than the totalitarian style of control you keep calling for

you keep thinking this when your net is slowed down to crawl.
Lose of business are you kidding me? when every ISP is doing it you will have no choice if you want to get on the internet.

I knew you guys would defend this because the dirty "regulation" word is being used. You people are as just as dangerous as these ISP providers.

The prevailing conservative opinion on this issue is so fucking retarded that I am surprised, and their level of retardedness rarely exceeds my expectations. I guess when it hits them in the pocketbook they will reconsider, maybe. It's going to come down to the internet becoming more expensive with a lousy tiered data plan that resembles current cable plans where you must pay extra to access a broader choice.

Good grief, it's amazing how some panic when government doesn't have control over something. What to do? Libs are in a panic. How horrible would it be if they couldn't copy and paste the daily talking points as quickly? I think we'll survive.

Good grief, it's amazing how some panic when government doesn't have control over something. What to do? Libs are in a panic. How horrible would it be if they couldn't copy and paste the daily talking points as quickly? I think we'll survive.

Ask yourself, "Can I trust my cable provider to be fair?" they were suing for the right to be as unfair as they want and to squeeze more money from us and by god you guys took their side over the American consumer, how screwed up is that?

You people are as just as dangerous as these ISP providers.

Clearly, this presents a golden opportunity for you to start your own ISP service, which will most certainly thrive in the face of all those evil operations screwing people over. Let me know when I can sign up.

Ask yourself, "Can I trust my cable provider to be fair?"

One need not trust any business to be fair, only to comply with the terms of contract into which you've voluntarily entered.

they were suing for the right to be as unfair as they want and to squeeze more money from us and by god you guys took their side over the American consumer, how screwed up is that?

Of course, you have the right to choose a different medium to receive your digital signal. Or am I sorry, is cheap internet and TV a "right"

you keep thinking this when your net is slowed down to crawl.

You don't think advancements in technology will continue to increase speeds?

Of course, if regulated by the feds, you're right, they probably wouldn't.

Look another fucking retard who doesn't understand why the regulations where in place. She just see government and instantly is against it.

Fuck you, and the fact you are to fucking stupid to understand the fact the regulations where keeping the Internet open for everyone to use.

Stupid low information voters.

Ask yourself, "Can I trust my cable provider to be fair?"

One need not trust any business to be fair, only to comply with the terms of contract into which you've voluntarily entered.

they were suing for the right to be as unfair as they want and to squeeze more money from us and by god you guys took their side over the American consumer, how screwed up is that?

Of course, you have the right to choose a different medium to receive your digital signal. Or am I sorry, is cheap internet and TV a "right"

You like paying more for less? That's a good one. Remember when they were forming the DHS and liberals were upset and you called them terrorist sympathizers? You would think that you would have learned from being that fucking willfully ignorant just to spite liberals.

Look another fucking retard who doesn't understand why the regulations where in place. She just see government and instantly is against it.

Fuck you, and the fact you are to fucking stupid to understand the fact the regulations where keeping the Internet open for everyone to use.

Stupid low information voters.

Ya cause before the power grab by the Fed we did not have internet access and didn't have choices on our service providers.

Forum List

Back