Federal Judge Blocks Obama Drilling Moratorium

To continue doing something that you know you can't fix if it goes wrong, and you know the consequences of what can go wrong are inevitable massive devastation,

is simply insane.

In one sense, I agree with you, in the other sense, the solution in the end will be in developing a solution to the problem which now exists, that we should have had already in place.

It does bother me personally that the issue seems to be related to containment, be it gas, oil, radiation. Infrastructure, foresight, it's like all of the best minds are drawing a blank. Sad.

There is much that could be done that isn't being done, and that is sad too. That is where the Administration is at fault. On the surface it is nice that so many yacht owners can capitalize on the skimming, but, in reality, the professionals need to be more involved. Image over substance is not okay. Obstructing the construction of berms is a total fail.

Several companies that ferry people important supplies and provide other services to offshore drilling rigs asked U.S. District Judge Martin Feldman in New Orleans to overturn the moratorium.

They argued it was arbitrarily imposed after the April 20 explosion on the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig that killed 11 workers and blew out the well 5,000 feet underwater. It has spewed anywhere from 67 million to 127 million gallons of oil into the gulf

Judge blocks Gulf offshore drilling moratorium - Yahoo! News

And the companies are RIGHT. Obama is using this spill as an excuse for his agenda and is imposing that agenda regardless of who it effects or harms.

BP is not the only company effected by this ban.

They didn't ban all oil shipping after the Exxon Valdez! Why ban ALL oil drilling?

Especially when part of this IS the government's fault. If they had not insisted on ONLY deep water rigs, they would have had this well plugged by now. The fail safe on this would have been ABOVE WATER.

I can understand why liberals are getting more and more personal in attacks on me. They sure can't defend this president.

He is looking more and more like Jimmy Carter.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

1. They passed the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 after Valdez.

2. We now KNOW that the oil companies have no idea how to fix a deepwater blowout with any method more effective than a months long operation to drill a relief well. I say, as I said 6 weeks ago, that the oil companies knew that all along. I'm guessing no one else here knew that such an accident could occur, with such consequences, and no known good fix.

It is insane to allow an activity to continue when you know with 99% certainty that there is no acceptable way of dealing with what can go wrong with that activity.

Has anyone asked Jindal why he hasn't enlisted his National Guard to help with these berms? Seems to me if he did they'd be finished by now...certainly they would have gotten the pipe moved long ago.

:confused:

Has anyone asked Jindal why he hasn't enlisted his National Guard to help with these berms? Seems to me if he did they'd be finished by now...certainly they would have gotten the pipe moved long ago.

:confused:

You may love him, and want him, but you can't have him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back