Fed Prints more money in a last attempt to save Obama

Go take a history class on economics..

I have a passing familiarity with the topic at hand...

You will see and read that nearly ALL famed Economists agree that the Central Bank sunk our nation and the world in to depression with their policy of forcing small banks in to bankruptcy, (small banks didn't have the protection of being a part of the Federal Reserve Banking system) and propping up BIG BANKS,

Ummm...Speaking of history lessons...

Do you know what tool the Fed had in its arsenal to prevent small banks from failing? Hint: it involves adding to the money supply.

And the Fed didn't prop up any large banks until after FDR took office. Many were allowed to fail - over 4,000 in fact.

The facts and history don't bear your argument out, AT ALL.

LMAO!!! You're amusing.. Link plz..................

How do you figure that?

If they "print" it..we have it.

And ratings companies all got the Mortgage backed securities, wrong.

Relying on them at this point is a fool's errand.

You're not real bright are you?? You think money grows on tree's and all we have to do is pick it, or print it???! Like some magic money printing machine??!! My GOSH, you liberals are truly a bunch of Jethro Bodines!

Printing money, flooding the economy with WORTHLESS FIAT does nothing but sky rocket inflation.. Supply and demand, simple economics, so much so my 7 year old daugter understands it.

That is the craziest bunch of bullshit I have seen you post. The Fed does not print money.

The Problem With the Federal Reserve's Money-Printing - WSJ.com

You're frighening.

Just where do you think the money they print comes from??

It comes from an exchange of securities from a member bank.

NOTHING.. it's worthless..

That will come as quite a surprise to the banks who are able to use it.

If the Fed is going to create boatloads of depreciating, non-yielding dollar bills, who will absorb them? Who will finance the Obama administration's looming titanic fiscal deficits? Who will finance America's annual surplus of consumption over production (after 25 more or less continuous years, almost a national trait)?

Great questions from the article.. Since you have a magic printing press, answer them plz

Go take a history class on economics..

You will see and read that nearly ALL famed Economists agree that the Central Bank sunk our nation and the world in to depression with their policy of forcing small banks in to bankruptcy, (small banks didn't have the protection of being a part of the Federal Reserve Banking system) and propping up BIG BANKS,

Do you know what tool the Fed had in its arsenal to prevent small banks from failing? Hint: it involves adding to the money supply.

And the Fed didn't prop up any large banks until after FDR took office. Many were allowed to fail - over 4,000 in fact.

Link to what?

Are you unaware of Milton Friedman's magnus opus that argues that Fed Policy extended and exacerbated the Depression by failing to expand the money supply?

Really?

You can't both (1) claim to know what you're talking about and (2) be unaware of the chief complaint economists have about Fed actions during the Depression.

Just where do you think the money they print comes from??

NOTHING.. it's worthless..

If the Fed is going to create boatloads of depreciating, non-yielding dollar bills, who will absorb them?

We're in the midst of a recessionary gap of well over a trillion dollars and 8% of the population is unemployed. There's no lack of sources to absorb additional dollars.

Link to what?

Are you unaware of Milton Friedman's magnus opus that argues that Fed Policy extended and exacerbated the Depression by failing to expand the money supply?

Really?

You can't both (1) claim to know what you're talking about and (2) be unaware of the chief complaint economists have about Fed actions during the Depression.

It took you a long time to come up with that googled post... If you're so well versed in economics, you shouldn;t need to google your answers which amount to nothing. I'm waiting for you to answer my questions based upon your theory that money grows on trees or we can simply print it.

I love when doofuses claim the Fed does not print money....that is too funny. They are all about fine distinctions and definitions now and then just to gore someone's ox...not realizing that buying mortgage securities is in affect, the same thing as printing money.

If the Fed is going to create boatloads of depreciating, non-yielding dollar bills, who will absorb them?

We're in the midst of a recessionary gap of well over a trillion dollars and 8% of the population is unemployed. There's no lack of sources to absorb additional dollars.

roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT????????????? Vague, doesnt answet the question.. In fact, it's TOTAL crap.. WTF are you babbling about?

Link to what?

Really?

It took you a long time to come up with that googled post...

None of that is googled. Go ahead and search it. I can't be held accountable for your serious lack of knowledge concerning this topic.

In the meantime, perhaps you can explain how you both (1) blame the Fed for the Depression and (2) believe the Fed should refrain from increasing the money supply.

If you're so well versed in economics, you shouldn;t need to google your answers which amount to nothing. I'm waiting for you to answer my questions based upon your theory that money grows on trees or we can simply print it.

You've asked me no question that have gone unanswered.

I love when doofuses claim the Fed does not print money....that is too funny. They are all about fine distinctions and definitions now and then just to gore someone's ox...not realizing that buying mortgage securities is in affect, the same thing as printing money.

THANK YOU!!! Someone who gets it!!! Thank God.. :clap2:

What gap of a trillion dollars??? The deficit is 16 trillion.. The debt to GDP is 110%.. WTF are you talking about?

Your money will be worth less....40 billion a month, the presses are running over time with this bunch...This is unreal to me::eusa_eh:

Fed Pulls Trigger, to Buy Mortgages in Effort to Lower Rates

The Federal Reserve fulfilled expectations of more stimulus for the faltering economy, taking aim now at driving down mortgage rates until an improvement in unemployment that the central bank says will be a problem for several years.

Home with a reduced price sign. Mortgage rates are near record lows.The Fed said it will buy $40 billion of mortgage-backed securities per month in an attempt to foster a nascent recovery in the real estate market. The purchases will be open-ended, meaning that they will continue until the Fed is satisfied that economic conditions, primarily in unemployment, improve.

There's strong hints that they'll do Treasurys next," Joe LaVorgna, chief economist at Deutsche Bank Advisors, said in a phone interview from London."They're pulling out all the stops to try to get this economy to gain some traction and, most important, to get unemployment down."

Enacting the third leg of quantitative easing will take the Fed's money creation past the $3 trillion level since it began the process in 2008.
"The Committee is concerned that, without further policy accommodation, economic growth might not be strong enough to generate sustained improvement in labor market conditions," the Open Market Committee said in a statement. (More: Read the Fed's Full Statement Here.)

As a follow-up to the statement, the Fed released its latest economic projections, which foresee slow growth including a jobless rate that stays above 7 percent into 2014. The economic projections expect growth to remain slow but to improve due to the stimulate measures announced Thursday.

In addition, the Fed said it will continue its program of selling shorter-dated government debt and buying longer-term securities, a mechanism known as Operation Twist. It also will continue its policy of reinvesting principal payments from agency debt and mortgage-backed securities back into mortgages

Fed Pulls Trigger, to Buy Mortgages in Effort to Lower Rates - Yahoo! Finance

"since it began the process in 2008"
Now who was president then?

roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT????????????? Vague, doesnt answet the question.. In fact, it's TOTAL crap.. WTF are you babbling about?

Babbling? I said three things. Which do you disagree with:

(1) there's currently a recessionary gap of over a trillion dollars. You don't believe that?

(2) 8% of the labor force is unemployed. You don't believe that?

(3) becaue of 1 and 2 above, the economy can absorb the additional dollars without inflation.

That's how we had QE1 and QE2 with historically low levels of inflation.

Now instead of posting stupidity, attempt to actually answer my inquiry. Which of those do you disagree with?

inflation is on it's way thanks to the drought, but you can blame Oblama it's okay.

The drought will cause inflation, but the rise in gas prices combined with the mindless printing of money will cause hyper-inflation!

With drought and gas prices, we should have CUT back on printing money in order to COMBAT the rise in prices via the drought and rise in gas prices!

Your money will be worth less....40 billion a month, the presses are running over time with this bunch...This is unreal to me::eusa_eh:

The Federal Reserve fulfilled expectations of more stimulus for the faltering economy, taking aim now at driving down mortgage rates until an improvement in unemployment that the central bank says will be a problem for several years.

Home with a reduced price sign. Mortgage rates are near record lows.The Fed said it will buy $40 billion of mortgage-backed securities per month in an attempt to foster a nascent recovery in the real estate market. The purchases will be open-ended, meaning that they will continue until the Fed is satisfied that economic conditions, primarily in unemployment, improve.

There's strong hints that they'll do Treasurys next," Joe LaVorgna, chief economist at Deutsche Bank Advisors, said in a phone interview from London."They're pulling out all the stops to try to get this economy to gain some traction and, most important, to get unemployment down."

Enacting the third leg of quantitative easing will take the Fed's money creation past the $3 trillion level since it began the process in 2008.
"The Committee is concerned that, without further policy accommodation, economic growth might not be strong enough to generate sustained improvement in labor market conditions," the Open Market Committee said in a statement. (More: Read the Fed's Full Statement Here.)

As a follow-up to the statement, the Fed released its latest economic projections, which foresee slow growth including a jobless rate that stays above 7 percent into 2014. The economic projections expect growth to remain slow but to improve due to the stimulate measures announced Thursday.

In addition, the Fed said it will continue its program of selling shorter-dated government debt and buying longer-term securities, a mechanism known as Operation Twist. It also will continue its policy of reinvesting principal payments from agency debt and mortgage-backed securities back into mortgages

"since it began the process in 2008"
Now who was president then?

I can't argue with you.. it's true..

What gap of a trillion dollars??? The deficit is 16 trillion.. The debt to GDP is 110%.. WTF are you talking about?

The economy is in a recession. The gap between potential output and current output is over a trillion dollars.

That's WTF I'm talking about. You should really make sure you have at least the most basic knowledge of a topic before you open your piehole and prove your stupidity.

(1) there's currently a recessionary gap of over a trillion dollars. You don't believe that?

(3) becaue of 1 and 2 above, the economy can absorb the additional dollars without inflation.That's how we had QE1 and QE2 with historically low levels of inflation.

Now instead of posting stupidity, attempt to actually answer my inquiry. Which of those do you disagree with?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bwhahahahahahahahahahahah.. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. hang on... LMAO:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Unfortunately the Fed pretty much operates outside of any government branch. Greenspan helped create the housing bubble by keeping interest rates much too low. This move will almost certainly lead to greater inflation and a devaluing of the dollar. On the flipside, it could bring growth back to the real estate market, but that is going to happen eventually anyway.

(3) becaue of 1 and 2 above, the economy can absorb the additional dollars without inflation.That's how we had QE1 and QE2 with historically low levels of inflation.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bwhahahahahahahahahahahah.. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. hang on... LMAO:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Let's just note: You are incapable of responding with actual facts so you use smileys.

Noted.

Forum List

Back