It seems there we're warning signs 48 hours in advance of the embassy attack

Sadly Obama hasn't attended any of his briefings in awhile so the warnings went unheeded.

Revealed: inside story of US envoy's assassination - World Politics - World - The Independent

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

Rev Wright "The chickens are coming home to roost."

Obamination is quickly trying to cover up his lack of intel briefings....

Sadly Obama hasn't attended any of his briefings in awhile so the warnings went unheeded.

I heard a liberal talking head mention today that Obama is just so brilliant, he doesn't need these briefings. He just knows things. Enough to make you throw up, isn't it?

So, there was enough time to warn of the attack and maybe give the guards some guns.

If the attack had been averted, some innocent people would be alive. I haven't heard the terrorists say that the attack was due to the film. I am wondering just who started that.

Armchair national security experts crack me up.

I do agree with you with that, hindsite is a lot easier to decipher. Just like this thread where Bush could have prevented the 9-11, I feel the same with that.

Don' forget Clinton, who was offered bin laden and refused. The planning was done during the Clinton years. How much did Clinton actually pass along to Bush and why hadn't Clinton acted sooner if, as he claimed, he passed along good intel? I don't think Clinton took it all that seriously and doubt that Bush was given a clear picture of what would happen, or I don't think it would have happened.

I find it odd that the guards are not allowed to have guns. If there is trouble, who are they supposed to call? It doesn't make sense to have unarmed guards in the first place, especially since they are trained marines.

My issue with national security over the years is that we are always reactionary instead of proactive. Other countries take more precautions than we do to prevent things. We wait till we're hit, then make new rules so the same exact thing can't happen again and there are no safeguards in place for the new tactics the terrorists are constantly coming up with. I think political correctness, among other things, prevents us from identifying potential problems.

As soon as the information came out that this was a retaliation for the drone kill of AQ#2 and that Zawahiri had requested that Libyans take revenge, you had to know that the chatter on this assault on the unsecured embassy had to be thru the roof.

For crying out loud, AQ had distributed a video to all sorts of militant websites.

The Quilliam Foundation said that 24 hours before the Benghazi incident, al Qaeda leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri, distributed a video to militant websites in which he confirmed the death of his second in command, known as Abu Yahya al-Libi, and urged Libyans to avenge his killing.

There's a lot more to come out. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

This will link back to my original thread on this with the link to the DM article. Wouldn't it be nice if an US media outlet had been able to break this story?

Oh I remember now, they were just to busy trying to smear Romney. Pathetic turds.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...for-obamas-drone-kill-of-aqs-2nd-command.html

Last edited:
Learning the facts sucks doesn't it?

Do you really think that you have all of "the facts"?

Enough to start drawing reasonable conclusions.

We had warnings yet the administration continues to blame some dumb movie. So tell me, who is addressing facts and who is desperately spinning to not appear accountable?

An anonymous source claiming that the "US had warnings" is enough of "the facts" for you?

I heard a liberal talking head mention today that Obama is just so brilliant, he doesn't need these briefings. He just knows things. Enough to make you throw up, isn't it?

So, there was enough time to warn of the attack and maybe give the guards some guns.

If the attack had been averted, some innocent people would be alive. I haven't heard the terrorists say that the attack was due to the film. I am wondering just who started that.

State Department in CYA mode. Libya was not a protest. It had nothing to do with the film from what I've been reading. The assault came in two waves.

And they were seriously armed. Grenade launchers aren't usually part of a protest.

Let's see.....they attacked the Embassy on 9-11, but it idiots believe the "movie" motivated them.

Also, UBL is dead, but that had nothing to do with it either with the nuts.

Do you really think that you have all of "the facts"?

Enough to start drawing reasonable conclusions.

We had warnings yet the administration continues to blame some dumb movie. So tell me, who is addressing facts and who is desperately spinning to not appear accountable?

An anonymous source claiming that the "US had warnings" is enough of "the facts" for you?

Point taken but until these revelations are rebutted what else do I have? Obama's word? I'll pass thanks

Forum List

Back