Fed Prints more money in a last attempt to save Obama

What gap of a trillion dollars??? The deficit is 16 trillion.. The debt to GDP is 110%.. WTF are you talking about?

The economy is in a recession. The gap between potential output and current output is over a trillion dollars.

That's WTF I'm talking about. You should really make sure you have at least the most basic knowledge of a topic before you open your piehole and prove your stupidity.

You are honestly completely ignorant of economics and how a devalued dollar creates inflation.. I'm not going to waste my time on you.. You're simply ignorant.

Your money will be worth less....40 billion a month, the presses are running over time with this bunch...This is unreal to me::eusa_eh:

Fed Pulls Trigger, to Buy Mortgages in Effort to Lower Rates

The Federal Reserve fulfilled expectations of more stimulus for the faltering economy, taking aim now at driving down mortgage rates until an improvement in unemployment that the central bank says will be a problem for several years.

Home with a reduced price sign. Mortgage rates are near record lows.The Fed said it will buy $40 billion of mortgage-backed securities per month in an attempt to foster a nascent recovery in the real estate market. The purchases will be open-ended, meaning that they will continue until the Fed is satisfied that economic conditions, primarily in unemployment, improve.

There's strong hints that they'll do Treasurys next," Joe LaVorgna, chief economist at Deutsche Bank Advisors, said in a phone interview from London."They're pulling out all the stops to try to get this economy to gain some traction and, most important, to get unemployment down."

Enacting the third leg of quantitative easing will take the Fed's money creation past the $3 trillion level since it began the process in 2008.
"The Committee is concerned that, without further policy accommodation, economic growth might not be strong enough to generate sustained improvement in labor market conditions," the Open Market Committee said in a statement. (More: Read the Fed's Full Statement Here.)

As a follow-up to the statement, the Fed released its latest economic projections, which foresee slow growth including a jobless rate that stays above 7 percent into 2014. The economic projections expect growth to remain slow but to improve due to the stimulate measures announced Thursday.

In addition, the Fed said it will continue its program of selling shorter-dated government debt and buying longer-term securities, a mechanism known as Operation Twist. It also will continue its policy of reinvesting principal payments from agency debt and mortgage-backed securities back into mortgages
Fed Pulls Trigger, to Buy Mortgages in Effort to Lower Rates - Yahoo! Finance

Unfortunately the Fed pretty much operates outside of any government branch. Greenspan helped create the housing bubble by keeping interest rates much too low. This move will almost certainly lead to greater inflation and a devaluing of the dollar. On the flipside, it could bring growth back to the real estate market, but that is going to happen eventually anyway.
Another bubble yippee

Shocking isn't it? So many people honestly think that printing worthless money won't cause massive inflation, We didn't learn any lesson from Zimbabwe or the old Weimar Republic either.

What gap of a trillion dollars??? The deficit is 16 trillion.. The debt to GDP is 110%.. WTF are you talking about?

The economy is in a recession. The gap between potential output and current output is over a trillion dollars.

That's WTF I'm talking about. You should really make sure you have at least the most basic knowledge of a topic before you open your piehole and prove your stupidity.

You are honestly completely ignorant of economics and how a devalued dollar creates inflation.. I'm not going to waste my time on you.. You're simply ignorant.

Once again, let it be noted that instead of attempting to respond to facts with facts, you simply call names and runaway.

If you care to compare economics knowledge I'd be happy to oblige. So far you've claimed contradicting statements about the Fed's role in the Great Depression and proven you don't know what a recessionary gap is.

Lowering interest rates has never in the history of the world created Inflation. It just does not happen. Somehow, there are a few circuits crossed in your brain.

Shocking isn't it? So many people honestly think that printing worthless money won't cause massive inflation, We didn't learn any lesson from Zimbabwe or the old Weimar Republic either.
Where do you see them printing money? The Treasury prints money only as needed for circulation in the economy.

Your money will be worth less....40 billion a month, the presses are running over time with this bunch...This is unreal to me::eusa_eh:

The Federal Reserve fulfilled expectations of more stimulus for the faltering economy, taking aim now at driving down mortgage rates until an improvement in unemployment that the central bank says will be a problem for several years.

Home with a reduced price sign. Mortgage rates are near record lows.The Fed said it will buy $40 billion of mortgage-backed securities per month in an attempt to foster a nascent recovery in the real estate market. The purchases will be open-ended, meaning that they will continue until the Fed is satisfied that economic conditions, primarily in unemployment, improve.

There's strong hints that they'll do Treasurys next," Joe LaVorgna, chief economist at Deutsche Bank Advisors, said in a phone interview from London."They're pulling out all the stops to try to get this economy to gain some traction and, most important, to get unemployment down."

Enacting the third leg of quantitative easing will take the Fed's money creation past the $3 trillion level since it began the process in 2008.
"The Committee is concerned that, without further policy accommodation, economic growth might not be strong enough to generate sustained improvement in labor market conditions," the Open Market Committee said in a statement. (More: Read the Fed's Full Statement Here.)

As a follow-up to the statement, the Fed released its latest economic projections, which foresee slow growth including a jobless rate that stays above 7 percent into 2014. The economic projections expect growth to remain slow but to improve due to the stimulate measures announced Thursday.

In addition, the Fed said it will continue its program of selling shorter-dated government debt and buying longer-term securities, a mechanism known as Operation Twist. It also will continue its policy of reinvesting principal payments from agency debt and mortgage-backed securities back into mortgages

"since it began the process in 2008"
Now who was president then?

Hello dumbass it is 2012 and Obama is president .

I've come to the conclusion that liberals aren't just insane.. They're literally ignorant and like to grasp on to make believe.. MONOPOLY money is actually real.. Printing money is all we need to do.. "The Treasury only prints money as needed for circulation." WOW.

These people vote.

The Fed is not political and doesn't answer to the president. They are to congress... But congress doesn't seem to care. The Fed does whatever the hell the Fed wants to.

So the Executive Branch, the Congress, and the USSC have no power over the Fed? You're dreaming in la-la land, dear.

Once again, let it be noted that instead of attempting to respond to facts with facts, you simply call names and runaway.

If you care to compare economics knowledge I'd be happy to oblige. So far you've claimed contradicting statements about the Fed's role in the Great Depression and proven you don't know what a recessionary gap is.

The most important lesson to know about the FED's role in the Great Depression is that they did not know what the right actions were. They did not know their own strength, and did not know how to deal with the problems. Not all Fed chairmen in history have been geniuses

The most important lesson to know about the FED's role in the Great Depression is that they did not know what the right actions were. They did not know their own strength, and did not know how to deal with the problems. Not all Fed chairmen in history have been geniuses

Yep, they were human. They got it wrong.

Then, the field of economics acknowledged and learned from their mistakes. Lady Gun Slinger apparently did not.

throwing-money.gif

QE forever......

Bernake is absolutely pumping now, to have the markets run prior to the election.

Bernanke is also trying to save his own job...

Romney confirms he'd replace Bernanke

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke would be looking for a new job if Mitt Romney wins the White House.

The presumptive Republican candidate told Fox Business on Thursday that he would like to pick a new person to head the nation's central bank when Bernanke's term expires in 2014.

"I would like to select ... a new person to that chairman position, someone who shared my economic views, someone that I thought was sympathetic to the needs of our nation," he said.

Bernanke's efforts to boost the economy have come under heavy Republican scrutiny, and Romney had previously indicated he would be seeking a change at the Fed if elected president.

Romney confirms he'd replace Bernanke - The Hill's On The Money

Well he's going about it all wrong if he thinks printing and spending more money out of thin air trying to make it appear as though there's some sort of recovery happening to help obama win reelection. Seems to me as though he's just making SURE he'll be out of a job come next year.

I've come to the conclusion that liberals aren't just insane.. They're literally ignorant and like to grasp on to make believe.. MONOPOLY money is actually real.. Printing money is all we need to do.. "The Treasury only prints money as needed for circulation." WOW.

These people vote.
You notice that the vast majority of STUPID people here on the board are liberals, and the vast majority of INTELLIGENT people are conservative?

That explains why we have the kenyan as president right now. Gullible fucking morons.

Forum List

Back