Fed Judge stomps on Bragg like Godzilla on Tokyo

If the left had something to stop Trump it wouldn't be almost 10 years in the making. Haha

They have nothing.

JordanSubpoena-730x435.jpg
Screencap @TracyBeanz
She puts the hammer down.

…“In our federalist system, elected state and federal actors sometimes engage in political dogfights. Bragg complains of political interference in the local DANY (District attorney of New York) case, but Bragg does not operate outside of the political arena. Bragg is presumptively acting in good faith. That said, he is an elected prosecutor in New York County with constituents, some of whom wish to see Bragg wield the force of law against the former President and a current candidate for the Republican presidential nomination,” Vyskocil wrote.
“Jordan, in turn, has initiated a political response to what he and some of his constituents view as a manifest abuse of power and nakedly political prosecution, funded (in part) with federal money, that has the potential to interfere with the exercise of presidential duties and with an upcoming federal election,” the judge added.
Vyskocil reinforced her point in court that it is not her place to consider potential motivations of either side.
“The Court is further unmoved by Bragg’s purported concern at the prospect of ‘inject[ing] partisan passions’ into a forum where they do not belong,” Vyskocil said.
By bringing this action, Bragg is engaging in precisely the type of political theater he claims to fear.

Update:

Temporary stay. Litigation outcome will be interesting issue. Likely to end up before SCOTUS I am guessing.

SCOTUS rubber-stamped the Trump tax return subpoenas even though Trump was no longer President.

The set the bar when they did that.

She shows so much prejudice an animosity to the DA that she should have recused herself.

I hope they call him as a witness so the Dems on the committee can ask about his book and how corrupt the Dirty Don Really is........Bring it on.

the irony

no, wait... abysmal hypocrisy... same thing

but we are hardly surprised when those are words that define libs

SCOTUS rubber-stamped the Trump tax return subpoenas even though Trump was no longer President.

The set the bar when they did that.
I see the issue as legitimate.

On on the one hand, I don’t want the Federal Government interfering with local prosecutorial decision making. On the other hand, I don’t think it’s right for the Federal Government to allow a local prosecutor to behave a partisan political operative denying anybody equal protection.

There is a proper balance to be struck. And Bragg is clearly out of line here.

Forum List

Back