February to be Blazing Saddles History Month

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2022
Linear Time
Will liberals and blacks be able to survive Blazing Saddles History Month? I don't know but I'm sure as hell going to enjoy it.

Will liberals and blacks be able to survive Blazing Saddles History Month? I don't know but I'm sure as hell going to enjoy it.

Old school comedy that this generation will never get to enjoy because they are wusses who can't laugh at themselves.

Actually, I think it's a funny movie, although a lot of the humor didn't age well.

Such as treating rape as a punchline. No one thinks that's funny today.

The other joke that hasn't aged well is the campfire scene. EVERYONE does fart jokes now.

I wish that movie would get a new scan and transfer so I can upgrade my old Blu ray.

That movie is hilarious and my favorite Mel Brooks movie.

I miss the days when you could just make a movie and if people didn't like it, they just didn't watch it.

Blazing saddles made fun of everyone and was hilarious with a escalating insane ending.

But sadly somehow people today act like they have a right to be offended.

You know, i have rewatched that movie recently and i have to say, it doesnt really hold up. There are some good moments, but it is mostly cornball humor.

You know, i have rewatched that movie recently and i have to say, it doesnt really hold up. There are some good moments, but it is mostly cornball humor.

But that can be said of ALL Mel Brook's movies. The only difference between Blazing Saddles and other films like Young Frankenstein or Spaceballs is that it has the racial element added by Richard Prior. (Pryor, ironically, was supposed to play Bart, but the studio wouldn't insure him due to his drug issues, so they hired Cleavon Little instead.)

The Producers (1967) is my favorite Mel Brooks movie. I liked Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein, but for me his movies went downhill from there. After going to see Silent Movie and then High Anxiety, I had enough.

Actually, I think it's a funny movie, although a lot of the humor didn't age well.

Such as treating rape as a punchline. No one thinks that's funny today.

The other joke that hasn't aged well is the campfire scene. EVERYONE does fart jokes now.
Fuck you and your PC judgment of what is, and is not, funny, you conformist freak.

It’s a stupid movie that ridicules middle America. Why are you an apologist for Hollywood trash?

Forum List

Back