Fears for world supply of major beer brand after worker ‘caught peeing in ingredients at brewery’

Despite the report, that is good beer. I haven't had any for many years, so I guess I have no worries.
I cant remember having it. Its mainly sold in half litre bottles over here and that is a crowded market. Its not seen as a premium brand like the belgian beers. But it competes with the likes of Super Bock and kronenvourg.

Deffo better than Carling or Bud.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, that.
Lemme tell a quick story to that end: I stopped at the owner's office of a very large grain miller in my area. (wheat only). A miller who has purchased the soft red wheat that we have sold at various times over the years. I knew him by name only. And he knew me only by name. As buyers and sellers only....with no need for face-to-face contact.

Still, I was curious to see how my grain was turned into human food. So I stopped by to introduce myself, to chat a bit, and to perhaps get a tour.

Tour? Not a friggin' chance.

As he, and his VP of Ops informed me......first, everything is out of sight, it is an enclosed automated process; and second, it is a sterile environment where all employees on the milling floor are required to where hazmat suits and masks.
Nonetheless, it was a delightful meeting. Two informed, very involved, very knowledgeable people who loved what they did. We talked markets, we talked what products they make and who they sell 'em to with the various wheat varieties that they buy and mill, and their thoughts on the milling industry.

Glad I stopped by and got to know them.....despite no tour.

-----------------------------------------

OK, laugh. But......
But may want to keep it quietly to yourself.
Here's what a quick google can tell you Concerned American:

"In 2016, Tsingtao was the second most consumed beer globally and had reached 2.8% share of the global beer market, after its share of the world's beer market had been steadily growing by at least 0.1 percentage points every year since 2009.[5] Tsingtao is currently the sixth largest brewery in the world.
Not surprised, they could hold #6 with being #2 in China easily--BTW, being the sixth largest brewery doesn't necessarily put Tsingtao in that position. That brewery probably produces many beers you've never heard of.
Re: you miller, that environment is volatile and can be deadly. A spark can blow that place up when the flour is floating in the air, that is why the employees wear masks. I worked nearly fifty years in the food processing industry and it is not nearly as clean as they would have you believe. If you visited the facility where your packaged mixed green salads are processed or your catsup was bottled, you'd probably never eat either again.

Hey , the damn Chinese don’t give their guys bathroom breaks, what’s a guy going to do?

:auiqs.jpg: I always did think it tasted like bacteria piss.
1698170697347.png

Dear me.This wouldnt encourage me o try Tsingtao. I prefer my beer to have 0% piss. Food and drink places are usually guarded like Fort Knox. So this is a bit of a shocker.

I expect the beer tastes like Coors Lite.
1/Isn't piss one of the ingredients in beer, cause it sure tastes like it.

2/You won't be seeing this guy around no more; the offending kidneys are already in a couple of other people.

Forum List

Back