Fears for Obama's safety as healthcare debate fuels extremism

You are blindly supporting a government that is now trying to steal power and swallowing what they tell you without ever considering the fact that these are the same people who enacted such gems as "The Patriot Act" and bailouts.

O'Really? I don't blindly support anything. Just because I said I don't support death threats to the POTUS in any form, I'm a blind drone for the gov't?

I've actually read the Patriot Act. And Title 18 among a myriad of other shit. We haven't discussed it. Half the morons in here don't even understand basic civics.

You need to lay off the starbucks, seriously........I'm worried about ya.

You are blindly supporting a government that is now trying to steal power and swallowing what they tell you without ever considering the fact that these are the same people who enacted such gems as "The Patriot Act" and bailouts.

O'Really? I don't blindly support anything. Just because I said I don't support death threats to the POTUS in any form, I'm a blind drone for the gov't?

I've actually read the Patriot Act. And Title 18 among a myriad of other shit. We haven't discussed it. Half the morons in here don't even understand basic civics.

*yawn* Death threats to the president are old news ... older than any of us on here.

As for your "holier than thou" attitude, you have no idea what people on here have read or not, you are not the only one with Google. I have read things that you probably couldn't even fathom myself.

then you know the PA was passed under a dem controled senate
and the dems havent done anything to stop it since they have had full control of both bodies of congress for over 2 years now

and the dems havent done anything to stop it since they have had full control of both bodies of congress for over 2 years now

hmmm.........but you were adamantly FOR the Iraq invasion and insist it was legal. I know I'm borrowing from another thread here so don't go all postal and ask me to link to your own posts.

I find your opposing views on these two matters to be puzzling.

Are you going to provide a link to the source of the "up 400%" claim or not?

I posted more than one link above.

Nowhere near 400% of what any president has received ... not to mention if you factor in the higher population level now from any other time period I am certain he has had fewer than any president.

The population has grown that much in the last year?

hmmm.........but you were adamantly FOR the Iraq invasion and insist it was legal. I know I'm borrowing from another thread here so don't go all postal and ask me to link to your own posts.

really, how does saying it wasn illegal means i supported it???
wow, you are not very good at this, are you?

i DID and DO support it, but just saying it wasnt illegal doesnt imply support

i had many issues with how things were done, but it was the right thing to do, only it should have been done 12 years sooner

i had many issues with how things were done, but it was the right thing to do, only it should have been done 12 years sooner

You really don't need anyone to argue with, you're doing fine on your own........with yourself.......:cuckoo:

There are issues and then there are issues.

I posted more than one link above.

Nowhere near 400% of what any president has received ... not to mention if you factor in the higher population level now from any other time period I am certain he has had fewer than any president.

The population has grown that much in the last year?

Felonies by toddlers, emma........serious problem.......next wedge issue fer sure.:lol:

As far as threats... as long as we have the 1st amendment people should be able to say whatever they want. THAT is what makes this country great, not the government's ability to monitor the radio.

The 1st amendment does NOT protect speech with regard to death threats to the President of the United States. Threatening the President in any way is illegal.

[Death] threats in themselves are illegal, even for private persons. You can't just say anything you want. That's not what the 1st amendment is about.

Technically ... yes and no. Only if they are sent directly to said person if they are a government official can they be considered threats, otherwise they are protected.
Really?

Wow. You should go help guy out; perhaps you can get his conviction overturned:

Man convicted of making death threats against Obama | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

Too bad you weren't counsel for these folks:

FBI Probes Possible Obama Death Threat - CBS News

Man Charged For Alleged Obama Death Threat - CBS News

Man Held In Obama Death Threat - August 8, 2008

Suspect in Obama threat found competent - Local - SunHerald.com

You've clearly missed your calling.

You really don't need anyone to argue with, you're doing fine on your own........with yourself.......:cuckoo:

There are issues and then there are issues.
ok, you can fuck off too

The 1st amendment does NOT protect speech with regard to death threats to the President of the United States. Threatening the President in any way is illegal.

[Death] threats in themselves are illegal, even for private persons. You can't just say anything you want. That's not what the 1st amendment is about.

Technically ... yes and no. Only if they are sent directly to said person if they are a government official can they be considered threats, otherwise they are protected.
Really?

Man convicted of making death threats against Obama | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

and in which link does it say the death threats against POTUS have gone up 400%?

Really?

and in which link does it say the death threats against POTUS have gone up 400%?
What did the post say that I was responding to?

Here. Try reading it again:

As far as threats... as long as we have the 1st amendment people should be able to say whatever they want. THAT is what makes this country great, not the government's ability to monitor the radio.

There. Does that clear it up for you?

Last edited:
There appears to be a deficit among certain posters with regard to being able to focus.

[off to check the lunar schedule]:eusa_eh:

no, because i dont care what you were replying to, i'm still waiting for the link that says death threats against POTUS have risen 400% since Obama was sworn in
or are you now dropping that claim?

no, because i dont care what you were replying to, i'm still waiting for the link that says death threats against POTUS have risen 400% since Obama was sworn in
or are you now dropping that claim?

I already linked to the article.

Forum List

Back