Fears for Obama's safety as healthcare debate fuels extremism

He won the election because of cornering the advertising online and being a pretty face, nothing more. As I have stated since I knew he was running, he's a failed American Idol star and fan ... nothing more.

that is a massive fail that anything in your education makes you any more believable than any one else here
you can claim anything on a message board, that doesnt make it true

I wasn't comparing myself or my education to KK's, I was responding to KK's assertion that Obama was nothing but a pretty face etc.,......and when her CV is approaching his, then maybe we can have a talk about her 'evaluation'. She didn't offer her qualifications, and I didn't ask. It isn't about my believability, it about hers. [with respect to her assesment of Obama being just a pretty face]

If education is something that matters so much Bush > Obama. Bush got a BA in history from Yale and an MBA from Harvard (the only president to do so). Do you really want to make presidential education an issue, or do you believe GWB was that much greater than Obama?

They're comparable, but different. I'm not knocking the shrub for his education or the line of study he chose. How is this relevant to .........anything? I think a law degree is more useful than an MBA when aspiring to be a legislator, not necessary, but definitely helpful. I don't know if Bush had any aspirations when he chose. Some people are better planners than others. It makes no difference.

And I wouldn't joke or even suggest anything about assassinating any president, no matter what his policies are or who it is. I live here. Marine One goes over my house all the time. Camp David is 15 minutes from here. I have friends who service Air Force one. The protocol 2 landing strip is less than a mile from my house. If you get within 10 miles of CD all frequencies are captured and monitored. The actions cited in the OP are not amusing to me. They are sickening. We take this shit seriously.

What part of "media whore" do you not get?

How the hell does death threats being UP 400% over the previous administration equate to him being a media whore?

I'm still hoping for a link for this info, do you have 1?

More threats against Obama since election - White House- msnbc.com

Racist Attacks on Obama Growing More Heated | Hatewatch | Southern Poverty Law Center

Rise in threats against Obama | The Australian

Man convicted of making death threats... - Google News

FBI Probes Possible Obama Death Threat - CBS News

Man Charged For Alleged Obama Death Threat - CBS News

Man Held In Obama Death Threat - August 8, 2008

Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service - Telegraph

Most however, are kept under wraps because the Secret Service fears that revealing details of them would only increase the number of copycat attempts. Although most threats are not credible, each one has to be investigated meticulously

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1427516-post43.html

and she was but one of many
and NO, i'm not going to go search up links for this one, because this one was WELL known

Ok. That's one.

Who else?

Since there were so many and stuff.

Unlike the left wingnuts, I doubt DiveCon is interested in posting massive links to posts on here when you can do the search yourself. Not to mention that most of the "death threats" you are talking about would be in the mail (and thus now storage someplace, ie "tossed") and not on here. Honestly I have yet to see one poster here calling for Obama's death.
hell, who would want to hear President Biden?

Lying about what?

Having a facebook account?

Elvis has a facebook account too, SFW?

:cuckoo:

Um no ... he said he has one, and if he isn't the one using it then it's misrepresentation ... ie ... lying. So, either he's a liar or you are, which is it?

Link? Citation? Anything?

This is a real stretch but if you have something, then lets have it.:cuckoo:

Misrepresentation, hah. Let's get WaPo on it right now!!!!

Unlike the left wingnuts, I doubt DiveCon is interested in posting massive links to posts on here when you can do the search yourself. Not to mention that most of the "death threats" you are talking about would be in the mail (and thus now storage someplace, ie "tossed") and not on here. Honestly I have yet to see one poster here calling for Obama's death.
Who the hell said anything about someone here calling for Obama's death?

I wasn't comparing myself or my education to KK's, I was responding to KK's assertion that Obama was nothing but a pretty face etc.,......and when her CV is approaching his, then maybe we can have a talk about her 'evaluation'. She didn't offer her qualifications, and I didn't ask. It isn't about my believability, it about hers. [with respect to her assesment of Obama being just a pretty face]

If education is something that matters so much Bush > Obama. Bush got a BA in history from Yale and an MBA from Harvard (the only president to do so). Do you really want to make presidential education an issue, or do you believe GWB was that much greater than Obama?

They're comparable, but different. I'm not knocking the shrub for his education or the line of study he chose. How is this relevant to .........anything? I think a law degree is more useful than an MBA when aspiring to be a legislator, not necessary, but definitely helpful. I don't know if Bush had any aspirations when he chose. Some people are better planners than others. It makes no difference.

And I wouldn't joke or even suggest anything about assassinating any president, no matter what his policies are or who it is. I live here. Marine One goes over my house all the time. Camp David is 15 minutes from here. I have friends who service Air Force one. The protocol 2 landing strip is less than a mile from my house. If you get within 10 miles of CD all frequencies are captured and monitored. The actions cited in the OP are not amusing to me. They are sickening. We take this shit seriously.

... and I have a ton of black friends ... your point?

Obama is still just milking the media frenzy and abusing the technology we developed for him (us geeks) just to rally the blind followers. The only difference between him and Bush ... Obama knows how to turn on a computer.

Lying about what?

Having a facebook account?

Elvis has a facebook account too, SFW?

:cuckoo:

Um no ... he said he has one, and if he isn't the one using it then it's misrepresentation ... ie ... lying. So, either he's a liar or you are, which is it?

Link? Citation? Anything?

This is a real stretch but if you have something, then lets have it.:cuckoo:

Misrepresentation, hah. Let's get WaPo on it right now!!!!

When someone says they have a page, then if they are not the one checking the messages there or accessing it, that's lying, plain and simple. So, either he is lying, or you are.

You made education an issue, not me. Good to see you backing down on it because it was a lame approach.

As far as threats... as long as we have the 1st amendment people should be able to say whatever they want. THAT is what makes this country great, not the government's ability to monitor the radio. If people are pissed about Obama's ideas they should be free to express that, if those protesting don't resonate with others they won't get any traction, if they do perhaps it will lead to revolution. Who knows? The point is this is supposed to be about "We the People..." not him the messiah. If he can't take the heat maybe he should resign. If he can then he sure doesn't need you getting his back.

. and I have a ton of black friends ... your point?

What is your point? :cuckoo:

That's what you have? A lame comeback that you have a ton of black friends?

How is that relevant to anything?

Do you assume I don't? Maryland is one of the blackest states in the union outside of the south. It's about 30%. Even Hagerstown would have a higher percentage than the overall nat'l average.

Yeah. Those people investigated and arrested for threats against the President were simply part of Obama's grand plan to garner media coverage.

Do you realize how crazy you are sounding?

Are you going to provide a link to the source of the "up 400%" claim or not?

Yeah. Those people investigated and arrested for threats against the President were simply part of Obama's grand plan to garner media coverage.

Do you realize how crazy you are sounding?
and how is it different than what any other POTUS has experienced
only the others didnt send out press reports for them

Not that I'd be surprised if it were true, but do you have a source for this assertion?
google death threats on the president and you will find many articles that state he gets 30 death threats a day and death threats are up 400% since Bush. He also got a secret service detail earlier then any other candidate ever.

Now if you want an example of a media whore, LimpBoy fits the bill.
When Obama got secret service protection as a candidate, MessiahRushie cried like a jealous baby that HE should have gotten Secret service protection.
And for months now he keeps telling his audience Obama MUST be STOPPED. He tells them the GOP are powerless to stop Obama's policies and Obama must be stopped. Now he will pretend he means he wants Obama's "policies" stopped, but he's also a pathological liar, so any denial on his part is an affirmation.

El Rushbo In Need of Secret Service Protection
May 10, 2007

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: I do. I think I'm the one that needs Secret Service protection. All this talk about Obama and presidential candidates, for crying out loud, I'm the one that needs it.

Do you assume I don't? Maryland is one of the blackest states in the union outside of the south. It's about 30%. Even Hagerstown would have a higher percentage than the overall nat'l average.

Demonstrating that your "position in life" has no meaning, that was the point. The fact that you keep backing down and changing your stance is telling. So tell me, are you or is Obama lying?

you dont have your location on your info
you assume people can read your mind via the internet and devine that you live near camp david
and how does that make the claims that Obama has faced more death threats

google death threats on the president and you will find many articles that state he gets 30 death threats a day and death threats are up 400% since Bush. He also got a secret service detail earlier then any other candidate ever.

When Obama got secret service protection as a candidate, MessiahRushie cried like a jealous baby that HE should have gotten Secret service protection.
And for months now he keeps telling his audience Obama MUST be STOPPED. He tells them the GOP are powerless to stop Obama's policies and Obama must be stopped. Now he will pretend he means he wants Obama's "policies" stopped, but he's also a pathological liar, so any denial on his part is an affirmation.

May 10, 2007

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: I do. I think I'm the one that needs Secret Service protection. All this talk about Obama and presidential candidates, for crying out loud, I'm the one that needs it.
stopped POLITICALLY, asshole

May 10, 2007

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

Wow ... leave it to a wingnut to bring up a media personality when mentioning media whore ... that is just ... stupid.

As far as threats... as long as we have the 1st amendment people should be able to say whatever they want. THAT is what makes this country great, not the government's ability to monitor the radio.

The 1st amendment does NOT protect speech with regard to death threats to the President of the United States. Threatening the President in any way is illegal.

[Death] threats in themselves are illegal, even for private persons. You can't just say anything you want. That's not what the 1st amendment is about.

Forum List

Back