CDZ Fear and guns....a discussion.

I'm quite sure you have your own "problems" to focus on. We aren't really interested in what foreigners think. :)
Too bad. You should be open to all ideas and opinions.

Ha-ha! Sorry, but that is too funny! :p Seriously???
Quite serious. Dismissing someone's opinion because they are from a different country is ridiculous. Counter their argument by all means but to dismisss it because they are from another country shows you're not open to debate the actual issue.

It's really not any of your business though! Not only that, but you wouldn't understand what it is to be an American. :) K? Your opinions are really quite irrelevant and hold no power here.
It is my business. As a Canadian who has friends and relatives in the US and who has travelled to the US, the safety of the country as a whole is my business. Also as a decent human being stopping other people from being killed regardless of what country they live in is called compassion. Telling people their opinions don't matter because they live in another country is not.

I insist that you answer my question about taking that particular poster seriously. Give me an example, any example, of why I should discuss anything with that particular poster. I'm still waiting, and if you cannot come up with something, then I do not take you any more seriously than I would take that poster. :)

I'm quite sure you have your own "problems" to focus on. We aren't really interested in what foreigners think. :)

Quite serious. Dismissing someone's opinion because they are from a different country is ridiculous. Counter their argument by all means but to dismisss it because they are from another country shows you're not open to debate the actual issue.

It's really not any of your business though! Not only that, but you wouldn't understand what it is to be an American. :) K? Your opinions are really quite irrelevant and hold no power here.
It is my business. As a Canadian who has friends and relatives in the US and who has travelled to the US, the safety of the country as a whole is my business. Also as a decent human being stopping other people from being killed regardless of what country they live in is called compassion. Telling people their opinions don't matter because they live in another country is not.

Interesting......we on the pro self defense side also want people to be safe.......you want to disarm people in the face of violent criminals.

again...

1.5 million times a year Americans use guns to actually stop violent crime and to save lives.

8,124 times a year criminals use guns, illegal guns usually, illegally to commit murder.

Do you know which number represents more lives being saved? The goal you say you support?

Drunk drivers kill people.....should cars be banned because of them? Wouldn't that save lives too.....

Drunk drivers kill people.....should cars be banned because of them? Wouldn't that save lives too.....

More people die in swimming accidents I think. I guess swimming pools should be banned. Many more children die in drownings that happen in their own back yards than any shootings.

In 2013...according to Mothers Against Drunk Driving...

MADD - Drunk Driving Statistics

IN 2013, 10,076 PEOPLE DIED IN DRUNK DRIVING CRASHES - ONE EVERY 52 MINUTES - AND 290,000 WERE INJURED IN DRUNK DRIVING CRASHES.

So....in 2013, 8,454 people were intentionally murdered with guns, 505 were accidentally killed........

More people die from drunk drivers accidentally killing them than people die from others using guns illegally to intentionally kill them......

Do you think that no one should own a car?

If that is your stated standard that if 320 million guns are in private hands and 505 are accidentally killed then no one should own a gun, then if 10,076 people are accidentally killed by drunk drivers, then all cars should be banned....right?

According to your own logic....right?

I believe that non fatal gun accidents were about 70,000 vs. 290,000 from drunk driving.....

So again...all cars should be banned...right?

Actually.......non fatal gun accidents...

How Many Accidental Gun Injuries per Year? - The Volokh Conspiracy

A guest on the HuffPost Live discussion noted in the post below mentioned that guns injure 5,000 people per year (presumably in the U.S.). Actually, according to CDC’s WISQARS, there are about 14,000-19,000 nonfatal injuries stemming from accidental shootings per year in the U.S., though only about 600 people killed in such shootings. As always, keep in mind the limitations of this data, including that some suicides and suicide attempts could be misclassified as accidents.

To repeat.....

Actually, according to CDC’s WISQARS, there are about 14,000-19,000 nonfatal injuries stemming from accidental shootings per year in the U.S.,

Soooo....

19,000 non fatal gun accidents vs. 290,000 by drunk drivers.......

So according to your very own reasoning...we should ban cars

If only it were true....the Discredited NRA,want everyone and anyone to have Guns in the USA,be you a gentle soul or Terrorist...it's simple they can all buy Guns........with NO Control because Americans cannot Control themselves, let alone others...Hoss it's just a shameful fact of American life......had your forefathers realised what a lot of Loboes some Americans would turn out to be generations later,they would Never have given you the 4th....they must be spinning in their Graves ...may they R.I.P..........................steve

So you realize that there are 357 million guns in private hands......and only 8,124 gun murders, which means less than 8,124 guns are used to commit murder in this country.

Actual research shows that the majority of those who use guns to commit murder are violent career criminals murdering other career criminals...which means your entire post is wrong....you do not know what you are talking about.

356,991,876 million guns in private hands are not used to commit crime or murder anyone.....

356,991,876 vs. less than 8,124 which number is bigger and by how much?

Do you see how wrong you are?

And the cherished Europe with their gun control laws.....in the 1940s the countries of Europe marched 12 million unarmed people into gas chambers....after they disarmed them. And then after the war...they allowed themselves to be disarmed again...thinking that there is no way it could ever happen again....

Who is the more foolish, us or them?
Just responding to the bolded part. The gun debate usually comes up after a mass shooting. In many of the cases of these mass shootings the perpertator was a law abiding citizen just before they committed these acts. You can't have a debate where you divide people up as either law abiding or criminal. Many law abiding citizens have killed people.

Obviously not. When you plan and commit murder, you are not law abiding. You are a criminal and a murderer.
I'm speaking about just before they did the shooting. Many people who have killed someone were a law abiding citizen before they pulled the trigger.

Do have statistics to back up your claims?
Really. Are you suggesting that everyone who killed someone with a gun in the US had a criminal record already?

The first three I checked all had no prior convictions and they all got their weapons legally.

Christopher Sean Harper-Mercer
Adam Lanza
Andrew Engeldinger

All were law abiding citizens before their mass killings.

So you realize that there are 357 million guns in private hands......and only 8,124 gun murders, which means less than 8,124 guns are used to commit murder in this country.

Actual research shows that the majority of those who use guns to commit murder are violent career criminals murdering other career criminals...which means your entire post is wrong....you do not know what you are talking about.

356,991,876 million guns in private hands are not used to commit crime or murder anyone.....

And the cherished Europe with their gun control laws.....in the 1940s the countries of Europe marched 12 million unarmed people into gas chambers....after they disarmed them. And then after the war...they allowed themselves to be disarmed again...thinking that there is no way it could ever happen again....

Just responding to the bolded part. The gun debate usually comes up after a mass shooting. In many of the cases of these mass shootings the perpertator was a law abiding citizen just before they committed these acts. You can't have a debate where you divide people up as either law abiding or criminal. Many law abiding citizens have killed people.

Obviously not. When you plan and commit murder, you are not law abiding. You are a criminal and a murderer.
I'm speaking about just before they did the shooting. Many people who have killed someone were a law abiding citizen before they pulled the trigger.

Really. Are you suggesting that everyone who killed someone with a gun in the US had a criminal record already?

The first three I checked all had no prior convictions and they all got their weapons legally.

Adam Lanza
Andrew Engeldinger

I'm wondering what is your point? Once they decided to kill people, they became criminals/murderers. Lol. So?? What's your point? That guns can suddenly turn people into murderers? What?

Also, have the common decency to answer my other question since you had the gall to comment about it. Thanks. :)

Adam Lanza
Andrew Engeldinger

There were 8,124 gun murders in 2014.......mass shooters.....here you go...

Here is the left wing news source...Mother Jones...they hate guns, just like you...they too have tracked mass shootings...and here is what they found...

If you go to the link they list each year and the specific mass shootings with details....injured, killed, weapons used.....do more research......you will post more intelligently....

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

Sooooo....

How many deaths on average according to Mother Jones...anti gun, uber left wing Mother Jones.......each year, well less than 100.

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391
Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Deaths from mass shootings 2013..... 36

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Those are the numbers of deaths from mass shootings in the United States.....and even in the big year, 2012, they didn't break 72 deaths by mass shooters.

How many guns are there in American hands....357 million.

How many people carry guns for self defense...over 13 mill

IN 2013, 10,076 PEOPLE DIED IN DRUNK DRIVING CRASHES - ONE EVERY 52 MINUTES - AND 290,000 WERE INJURED IN DRUNK DRIVING CRASHES.

So....in 2013, 8,454 people were intentionally murdered with guns, 505 were accidentally killed........

More people die from drunk drivers accidentally killing them than people die from others using guns illegally to intentionally kill them......

If that is your stated standard that if 320 million guns are in private hands and 505 are accidentally killed then no one should own a gun, then if 10,076 people are accidentally killed by drunk drivers, then all cars should be banned....right?

I believe that non fatal gun accidents were about 70,000 vs. 290,000 from drunk driving.....

Vehicles main purpose is transportation. Look at how many people die from heart disease or diabetes from poor nutrtion choices. Of course we are not going to ban food because the primary purpose of the food is to feed us, not kill us.

Adam Lanza
Andrew Engeldinger

So......these guys killed together, but not in the same year, yes? 40 people.......there were 8,124 gun murders in 2014......

And that is how you say people who commit murder are law abiding till they do it.......when actual research, decades worth of research shows that 90% of gun murderers had long criminal records and histories of violence......

You are new to my posts.....and I would like to say thank you for participating.....a few words of advice.....get some research done......many of us are veterans of this debate and have actual research on the topic ready to go....

Vehicles main purpose is transportation. Look at how many people die from heart disease or diabetes from poor nutrtion choices. Of course we are not going to ban food because the primary purpose of the food is to feed us, not kill us.

We aren't going to allow our politicians to "ban" one of our rights, friend. Sorry. There will be BIG troubles. Believe that. We Americans take our rights VERY seriously. We consider those who want to take our rights away from us the enemy, like a traitor to our people.

And the primary purpose of a gun is not to kill but to save the life of the owner or those he protects. In many cases the gun can do this without ever being fired.

I insist that you answer my question about taking that particular poster seriously. Give me an example, any example, of why I should discuss anything with that particular poster. I'm still waiting, and if you cannot come up with something, then I do not take you any more seriously than I would take that poster. :)

You want to take a minute to answer this question please. Thanks.

To Americans, our rights are AS important to us as food or transportation. Get it?

Adam Lanza
Andrew Engeldinger

There were 8,124 gun murders in 2014.......mass shooters.....here you go...

Here is the left wing news source...Mother Jones...they hate guns, just like you...they too have tracked mass shootings...and here is what they found...

If you go to the link they list each year and the specific mass shootings with details....injured, killed, weapons used.....do more research......you will post more intelligently....

Sooooo....

How many deaths on average according to Mother Jones...anti gun, uber left wing Mother Jones.......each year, well less than 100.

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391
Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Deaths from mass shootings 2013..... 36

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Those are the numbers of deaths from mass shootings in the United States.....and even in the big year, 2012, they didn't break 72 deaths by mass shooters.

How many guns are there in American hands....357 million.

How many people carry guns for self defense...over 13 mill
Your link has only 9 for 2014 and the Sandy Hook shootings were that year. That alone killed 27.

You want to take a minute to answer this question please. Thanks.
Well I didn't read anything he said. I just saw your comment about disregarding his opinion because he was from another country. You can disregard him because of his content of what he said but you chose to disregard him because of where he lives. It's like when someone says Michael Moore has nothing important to say, he's just a fat pig. Or someone can't counter Ann Coulter because she looks like a man. If you can't counter the actual argument then why are you even here. If you did counter their argument then why bring up their location. It's irrelevant to the discussion.

Forum List

Back