FDR

I was born in the 70s so I'm not one of them....but he prolonged the depression, only reason we got out......Facists starting WW2.

Yes, the massive government spending program known as WW2 is what got us out of the depression.
So FDR quit spending too early, and didn't spend enough.
Is the "balance the budget cure" now in the dumpster, and only Keynes left?

I was born in the 70s so I'm not one of them....but he prolonged the depression, only reason we got out......Facists starting WW2.

Yes, the massive government spending program known as WW2 is what got us out of the depression.

Actually, the lifting of wartime controls over the economy allowed the robust recovery that fdr's 'spaghetti on the wall' nonsense had hindered for so long.

I meet a LOT of old Republicans today who were saved from starvation by FDR.

A lot more were "saved" from prosperity and independence (and not a few were 'saved' from freedom, property, democracy, Constitutional rights, and life itself) by fdr.

Yeah, wartime economies are always good, when the war isn't on your turf, but I don't think you want to be constantly at war, correct?

Also most of the companies were private paying people and making profits as well, but the government wasn't nearly involved then as it is now.

The depression was world wide, and had been created by nationalization of economics, including protective tariffs, and retaliatory tariffs, which had been building up and stifling trade for decades. Blaming any part of it on FDR is just plain ignorant. The isolationist, anti-globalization philosophy of the 1920's and 1930 is, in fact, very similar to what the Right wants to recreate now.

"Schivelbusch concludes his essay with the liberal journalist John T. Flynn’s warning, in 1944, that state power feeds on crises and enemies. Since then we have been warned about many crises and many enemies, and we have come to accept a more powerful and more intrusive state than existed before the ’30s."

This is easily seen with those in politics attempting to exacerbate a situation for self-serving causes. Current examples include the Democrat's use climate change while the Republican's rally support through fear of Muslims.

"Schivelbusch concludes his essay with the liberal journalist John T. Flynn’s warning, in 1944, that state power feeds on crises and enemies. Since then we have been warned about many crises and many enemies, and we have come to accept a more powerful and more intrusive state than existed before the ’30s."

This is easily seen with those in politics attempting to exacerbate a situation for self-serving causes. Current examples include the Democrat's use climate change while the Republican's rally support through fear of Muslims.

Louisiana is losing an average of a football field size piece of land every hour, 24/7, due largely to rising sea levels. Having lived through Katrina in New Orleans, I can tell you that climate change is no false scare tactic.

Louisiana is losing a football field of wetlands an hour, new U.S. Geological Survey study says

Louisiana is losing an average of a football field size piece of land every hour, 24/7, due largely to rising sea levels. Having lived through Katrina in New Orleans, I can tell you that climate change is no false scare tactic.

Louisiana is losing a football field of wetlands an hour, new U.S. Geological Survey study says
have of that state is below sea level.....one dam or levee breaking can cause that.

And with sea level "rising"...please libs keep flocking to the coast.....you guys move there......I guess it's not that bad.

have of that state is below sea level.....one dam or levee breaking can cause that.

...and the sea is getting higher every day....

So FDR quit spending too early, and didn't spend enough.
Is the "balance the budget cure" now in the dumpster, and only Keynes left?

This is the same claim EVERY Lefty makes when their programs fail. Every damn time.
Here is what FDR's Treasury Secretary said about the "New Deal".

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong … somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. … I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. … And an enormous debt to boot.[13]"

Henry Morgenthau Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

....Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover, again......

Herbert Hoover was a progressive......haha....
Won't be long until conservatives begin to say Hoover began the New Deal. and saved America.

I love beating libtard ass

"Herbert Hoover's Tragic Presidency "

His ideological beliefs were such that he could well have launched the country in a more progressive direction than his predecessors in the 1920s had not the Great Depression intervened. He was far more committed to active government than either Calvin Coolidge or Warren Harding.

Again, I win....like Trump says, I win so much I'm getting tired of winning on this board....you guys have no clue and can't do a simple Google search.....jesus, you guys are lazy in all aspects of your life.

....Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover, again......

Herbert Hoover was a progressive......haha....
Won't be long until conservatives begin to say Hoover began the New Deal. and saved America.

Hoover Got a Bum Rap, Historian Tells Seminar

Activist, Progressive

I don't make this shit up dude, I just follow the information.......get out of your "progressive" bubble and look at different points of view.....I look at all kinds of media.....it's why I crush libtards on here like the Hulk....

Forum List

Back