FBI informant charged with lying about Biden

Last edited:
I wonder what Weiss found in evidence of him lying?
(I haven't read the article yet)

1708039556887.png

Charges were announced against FBI informant Alexander Smirnov, accused of making false statements that were central to the Biden impeachment inquiry.

WASHINGTON ― A central piece of evidence in the impeachment inquiry against President Joe Biden may have just evaporated.

The Justice Department on Thursday announced that an FBI informant was lying when he said a Ukrainian oligarch told him he’d bribed Biden.

Special counsel David Weiss, the U.S. attorney prosecuting the president’s son Hunter Biden on gun purchase and tax delinquency crimes, announced that FBI informant Alexander Smirnov has been charged with making a false statement and creating a false record related to the bribery allegation.

Republicans brought Smirnov’s claims to light last summer as part of their investigation into alleged corruption in the Biden family.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) obtained and published an FBI file recording Smirnov’s claim that Mykola Zlochevsky, owner of a Ukrainian gas company, Burisma, which employed the president’s son, had paid Hunter and Joe Biden $5 million in bribes.

For months, Republicans have claimed the bribery allegation had come from a credible source. According to the Justice Department, the allegation had been made up.

Smirnov could face up to 25 years in prison if convicted.

More at the link below...

I'm glad the truth is finally coming out. What do you think?

Last edited:
I look forward to the trial, as entertainment abuse of deserving chew toy, as DOJ usually has the goods or won't charge.

Special counsel charges FBI informant with lying to the bureau about Hunter and Joe Biden

WASHINGTON — An FBI informant has been indicted on two counts of allegedly feeding the bureau false information about President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden during the 2020 presidential campaign.

Alexander Smirnov, 43, disliked Joe Biden and was arrested in Las Vegas after returning from a trip overseas, according to the Justice Department. The case grew out of the special counsel investigation being led by David Weiss, who is also leading the case against Hunter Biden. Weiss had been appointed by then-President Donald Trump as the top federal prosecutor in Delaware.

The 37-page indictment alleges that Smirnov had been a confidential human source for the FBI since 2010 and "provided false derogatory information to the FBI" about both Bidens after Joe Biden became a candidate for president in 2020.

Smirnov allegedly told the FBI — falsely — that officials with Burisma, the Ukrainian energy company that Hunter Biden worked for, had told him they hired Hunter Biden because he would "protect us, through his dad, from all kinds of problems." Smirnov allegedly told the FBI — again, falsely — that Burisma officials had told him they paid Hunter Biden and Joe Biden $5 million and that it would take investigators 10 years to find the illicit payments to Joe Biden.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jo...mant-lying-bureau-hunter-joe-biden-rcna139091

Isn't this the bureau Repubs want to shut down because it is corrupted against the Orange Rapist? The bureau that kept Crossfire Hurricane a secret from the public during the 2016 campaign?

You mean to tell me in an organization full of conservative law enforcement types someone doesn't like Joe. The devil you say.

The FBI didn't do anything wrong. These were the claims of an informant.
Thank God!!

For a second there, I thought the implication was that the FBI was not perfect in every way and then the world would no longer make sense to me anymore.

I feel much better now.

Forum List

Back