FBI has recovered deleted work e-mails from Hillary Clintons server, this is a felony

I really like the linked source of the OP:
youngcons.com
:laugh:
Report: FBI pulls deleted emails from Hillary Clinton's server

Better?

Why did she delete emails that were not personal?

What makes you think that she did?
Absolutely everything I know about the woman and the case. The sleaze and mendacity of this woman are overwhelming.

So your evidence is that Hillary is icky?

At some point, Obama will probably give her a choice, drop out of the race or be charged.

Obama won't do that either. He doesn't have the power to order people out of a presidential campaign. By the merits of the crime alone, the law demands that she be stripped of her ability to hold any office in the US.

If the FBI or the Justice Department fails to charge her in the face of superior evidence, that is obstruction of justice.

You have no idea what "the evidence" consists of.

Were you not paying attention? The FBI has it right now. She attempted to destroy government property. They have proof of it.

Chain of events:

1) The story breaks that Hillary was using a private server to conduct State Department business
2) Hillary denies it (more than once).
3) Hillary then says she wiped the server.
4) The FBI gets the server.
5) The FBI recovers work related emails (by "work related" I mean government property) that were supposedly wiped.

The evidence Doc, are the emails themselves, supposedly wiped clean from the server.

We know she deleted her "personal" emails, and it has already been ruled that she both had the authority to delete her "personal" emails, as well as the authority to decide which emails were "personal".

But you leave out the fact that there were also work related emails on that server too. The "personal" emails are not in question.

"The FBI has recovered personal and work-related e-mails from the private computer server used by Hillary Clinton during her time as secretary of state, according to a person familiar with the investigation."

FBI Said to Recover Personal E-Mails From Hillary Clinton Server

This is a felony because the FBI recovered them, or it's a felony what Hillary did?

No, it's a felony to destroy government property. Hillary tried to destroy government property. What she did--what she committed--were multiple felonies. Now the FBI has a basis for charging her for violating federal law.

We know she deleted her "personal" emails, and it has already been ruled that she both had the authority to delete her "personal" emails, as well as the authority to decide which emails were "personal".

No evidence of any crime has been released so far.

Wrong, I seriously doubt that the bathroom closet in CO was an approved repository for classified documents. Keep in mind that ANY communication with a foreign government official is automatically classified by State Dept. protocol.

But you leave out the fact that there were also work related emails on that server too. The "personal" emails are not in question.

"The FBI has recovered personal and work-related e-mails from the private computer server used by Hillary Clinton during her time as secretary of state, according to a person familiar with the investigation."

FBI Said to Recover Personal E-Mails From Hillary Clinton Server

Not going to take the word of an unnamed source "familiar with the investigation".

I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to recover some of the emails from the server. But no information on whether they have, and what they may have contained has been released so far.

You might remember last week that the State Dept. said that Hillary had the right to delete private e-mails from her server. This does not carry over to work e-mails that belong to the people and clearly show incompetence and that Hillary lied when she said that she only deleted private e-mails. Look for Hillary to bow out shortly, as the espionage act has been violated. The FBI Just Reportedly Found Something That Could be the END for Hillary Clinton

I'm all for Hillary getting fried for this, but the title of your thread is ambiguous. This is a felony because the FBI recovered them, or it's a felony what Hillary did?
It is a felony for several reasons, one being these are not her e-mails, they are the property of the U.S. government, and the people, and she has to turn them over to be archived. Two being, she swore that only personal e-mails were deleted, and three copies of some of these e-mails still reside on Google servers. Watch tomorrow for Hillary to get sick and bow out, or go to prison, what would you choose?

Prison! Then it's a moot point there'd be no election for Hillary.

Not going to take the word of an unnamed source "familiar with the investigation".

I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to recover some of the emails from the server. But no information on whether they have, and what they may have contained has been released so far.
And yet you take Hillary's word. Very odd.

No, none of my arguments rely on on taking Hillary's word for anything at all.

At some point, Obama will probably give her a choice, drop out of the race or be charged.

Obama won't do that either. He doesn't have the power to order people out of a presidential campaign. By the merits of the crime alone, the law demands that she be stripped of her ability to hold any office in the US.

If the FBI or the Justice Department fails to charge her in the face of superior evidence, that is obstruction of justice.

You have no idea what "the evidence" consists of.

Were you not paying attention? The FBI has it right now. She attempted to destroy government property. They have proof of it.

Chain of events:

1) The story breaks that Hillary was using a private server to conduct State Department business
2) Hillary denies it (more than once).
3) Hillary then says she wiped the server.
4) The FBI gets the server.
5) The FBI recovers work related emails (by "work related" I mean government property) that were supposedly wiped.

The evidence Doc, are the emails themselves, supposedly wiped clean from the server.

Your entire thesis rests on an offhand remark from an unnamed anonymous source "familiar with the investigation".

That's because, 'prove it' or whining about 'unnamed sources' is not an argument.

That's because, 'prove it' or whining about 'unnamed sources' is not an argument.

The OP, as well as a few other posters have made what you might call very definitive claims that this is "proof" that Hillary Clinton is a criminal. I am only asking to elaborate on the "proof" they already claim to have.

All Government employees and contractors are required by law to make and preserve records containing adequate and proper documentation of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and essential transactions of the agency.

-44 USC 3101-

The head of each Federal agency shall notify the Archivist of any actual, impending, or threatened unlawful removal, defacing, alteration, or destruction of records in the custody of the agency of which he is the head that shall come to his attention, and with the assistance of the Archivist shall initiate action through the Attorney General for the recovery of records he knows or has reason to believe have been unlawfully removed from his agency, or from another Federal agency whose records have been transferred to his legal custody. In any case in which the head of the agency does not initiate an action for such recovery or other redress within a reasonable period of time after being notified of any such unlawful action, the Archivist shall request the Attorney General to initiate such an action, and shall notify the Congress when such a request has been made.

-44 USC 3106-

(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

-18 USC 2071-

(a) Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.

-18 USC 1924 (a)-

The OP, as well as a few other posters have made what you might call very definitive claims that this is "proof" that Hillary Clinton is a criminal. I am only asking to elaborate on the "proof" they already claim to have.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, 'prove it' is not an argument. As you said above, 'none of my arguments...'.

This is a felony because the FBI recovered them, or it's a felony what Hillary did?

No, it's a felony to destroy government property. Hillary tried to destroy government property. What she did--what she committed--were multiple felonies. Now the FBI has a basis for charging her for violating federal law.

No evidence of any crime has been released so far.
So you are okay with the idea that she gets to determine what is work related and what is personal?

If she decided that communication with heads of state on governmental business was actually 'personal' and then deleted that it would be kosher?

Your statement does not make any sense to me.

Whoever knowingly alters, destroys, mutilates, conceals, covers up, falsifies, or makes a false entry in any record, document, or tangible object with the intent to impede, obstruct, or influence the investigation or proper administration of any matter within the jurisdiction of any department or agency of the United States or any case filed under title 11, or in relation to or contemplation of any such matter or case, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

-18 USC 1519-

Forum List

Back