Favre will return

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
As a Packer's Fan, this pleases me greatly.

Favre to play '06 season for Packers

Brett Favre informed the Packers on Tuesday that he will definitely play the 2006 season in Green Bay.

The NFL's only three-time MVP shared his decision with general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy in a telephone conversation on Tuesday morning, the sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Tuesday night. Wednesday, Thompson confirmed the news.

"The Green Bay Packers are very pleased that Brett has come to this decision, and look forward to a successful 2006 season," Thompson said in a statement posted on the team's Web site Wednesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/...000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I am also a Packer fan and I'd like to see him play again. I went to the November 21 game last year thinking it would be the last time I'd see him.

Nevertheless I've been at a restaurant in the presence of Muhammad Ali and it's not a pretty sight. You'd think Favre has enough money that he wouldn't want to risk his life, body and health. Look at Reggie White. It's not like the Pack are likely to contend this year.

Or maybe he just loves football so much he'll keep playing until he can't any more. Anyway he's still one of the best shows on turf and it'll be nice to watch him for one more season.

Nuc said:
I am also a Packer fan and I'd like to see him play again. I went to the November 21 game last year thinking it would be the last time I'd see him.

Nevertheless I've been at a restaurant in the presence of Muhammad Ali and it's not a pretty sight. You'd think Favre has enough money that he wouldn't want to risk his life, body and health. Look at Reggie White. It's not like the Pack are likely to contend this year.

Or maybe he just loves football so much he'll keep playing until he can't any more. Anyway he's still one of the best shows on turf and it'll be nice to watch him for one more season.

It's not about money with Favre. I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple years ago. The man is truly amazing. He told me that when he started in the NFL, it was about nothing but money, but the Packers changed him. He wanted to bring the Packer fans something that they had been missing and he succeeded greatly. I think he is coming back and gonna make something happen. Look what the team did for him when his Dad died. The same goes for the Steelers and the 'Bus.' The Packers defense is good and getting better every day. Watch for the offense to step it up big time, to give Favre the glorious last season he so richly deserves. He'll simply say that this season is for Reggie.

onthefence said:
Watch for the offense to step it up big time, to give Favre the glorious last season he so richly deserves. He'll simply say that this season is for Reggie.

I hope you're right about this, I don't want to wait 30 years for another Super Bowl.

Nuc said:
I hope you're right about this, I don't want to wait 30 years for another Super Bowl.

With Green and Davenport healthy, all we need is for the reciever corp to step up create their own lanes. It could happen this year.

I hope for Brett's sake that the Packers get some receivers on their team. But I will be glad to see him back for one more year. Brett Farve is definitely top-10 all-time NFL QBs.

Forum List

Back