Favorite PC Game

Battlefield 3

+ FXAA Injector Mod (Improves Graphics, such as FX-Antialiasing, modifies shaders, etc. Does not work with completely updated BF3, but for the Singleplayer I use my portable BF3-Version anyway... Please do not use a modified BF3 for Multiplayer, risk of account ban!)

bf31s.jpg

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3048/bf31s.jpg

bf32h.jpg

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1772/bf32h.jpg

Last edited:
Far Cry 2. I have 3 but can't play it until I upgrade my hardware. I'll probably just build another one and upgrade everything.

Far Cry 2. I have 3 but can't play it until I upgrade my hardware. I'll probably just build another one and upgrade everything.
Probably would have been the next I´d have posted here. Due to its skirmish like gamplay combined with great AI and graphics, it´s a game you can play over and over and over again :)

Probably would have been the next I´d have posted here. Due to its skirmish like gamplay combined with great AI and graphics, it´s a game you can play over and over and over again :)
Looking forward to 3. Should be pretty good with a new system.

Looking forward to 3. Should be pretty good with a new system.
Not yet for me. The next game I will purchase is WRC 3, one of the few real racing games of the last years.

wrc3_583131.jpg

wrc3_first.jpg

What is your rig?

Mine is;

XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
Corsair CWCH80 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB - Pre-production model.
OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
Panasonic DVD
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

What is your rig?

Mine is;

XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
Corsair CWCH80 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB - Pre-production model.
OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
Panasonic DVD
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit
Great machine!

Here is mine:
Some years old case, have to get a new one very soon
Rasurbo DLP55.1 550 Watt (conks, has also to be replaced)
Biostar Hi-Fi A8553 (Hi-Fi is a joke, I use an Aureon 5.1 PCI Soundcard, dislike Realtek sound)
AMD A10 5800K (I disabled Turbo due to FPS-Drops)
G.Skill Sniper 8 GB
Sapphire HD 7850 Dual Fan 1GB
80 + 750 GB WD disks, new SSD some day
LG DVD
Windows 7 Professional x64

Amazing, how fast the 7850 is compared with my old 6870, but the A10 5800 is disappointing (When you ignore its good price) and really has no chance against my old Phenom 2.

My old and new system compared:
AMD Radeon HD 6870 video card benchmark result - AMD Phenom II X4 965,ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4N68T-M-LE-V2 score: P4509 3DMarks

AMD Radeon HD 7850 video card benchmark result - AMD A10-5800K,BIOSTAR Group Hi-Fi A85S3 score: P5280 3DMarks

One question:
Are these 5 Ghz really healthy, what´s your cooling solution, and how great is the advantage compared with default clock?

Mine is nowhere near current technology. Not even worth mentioning, really. Far Cry 2 is as high as I can go with it, and that's not on the highest settings. I'll be upgrading soon though.

I like shooters, but I think my favorites are role-playing games. The greatest one of all was The Beast Within, A Gabriel Knight mystery. Of course that's old stuff now.

I haven't played any computer/video games in a long time, not since getting stuck in "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" on Playstation. It was a great game, I was moving along nicely, it was challenging, but doable, you know? Then I got stuck, down on the docks with these guys throwing rotten fruit and vegetables at me. I tried day after day to get through it, honing my skills, etc. but I finally gave up. I probably should try it again, there might be some help/cheats on the Internet that would get me through it. But it was very discouraging that the level of difficulty increased so much all of a sudden! : (

I say I haven't played any since then, but I have played Angry Birds and several other games on my Kindle Fire. I have always loved video games, ever since Pong and then...Space Invaders! : )

I should get back into it, I think it's very therapeutic. I've thought about trying World of Warcraft.

Oh, I've also spent quite a bit of time on Second Life, although that's not a game, it's a virtual world, but there are games within it.

Last edited:
Its a pain that games keep needing the latest specs. I cannot play the latest windows 7 games as windows 7 only works on 64 bit computers and mine is a 32 bit running windows XP.

Its a pain that games keep needing the latest specs. I cannot play the latest windows 7 games as windows 7 only works on 64 bit computers and mine is a 32 bit running windows XP.
Of course, Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 are available in 32 bit (x86) and 64 bit (x64). And the only game I know that requires at least Windows Vista is Battlefield 3, which doesn´t support DirectX 9 and XP ist limited to DirectX 9.

Of course, Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 are available in 32 bit (x86) and 64 bit (x64). And the only game I know that requires at least Windows Vista is Battlefield 3, which doesn´t support DirectX 9 and XP ist limited to DirectX 9.

I purchased windows 7 disk and it says Win Home Prem 7 sp1 64-bit English 1pk DSP 611

What is worse I seem to have purchased the OEM system builder pack.

I purchased it in case win 7 is not avaliable when I come to build my next computer. Because I heard win 7 is the best, and win 8 is geared up for touch screens rather than mouse operated systems.

I purchased windows 7 disk and it says Win Home Prem 7 sp1 64-bit English 1pk DSP 611

I purchased it in case win 7 is not avaliable when I come to build my next computer. Because I heard win 7 is the best, and win 8 is geared up for touch screens rather than mouse operated systems.
Your Key should work for the 32 bit Version of Home Premium.
Here is a direct Microsoft link to Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit English, burn it onto a DVD:
http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65732/X15-65732.iso

How-to: Burn your Windows 7 .ISO to DVD disc | ZDNet

Note that you may use your Key for one Windows only, so if you use your key already you must deinstall the old Windows first to stay legally.

Here is a direct Microsoft link to Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit English, burn it onto a DVD:

Note that you may use your Key for one Windows only, so if you use your key already you must deinstall the old Windows first to stay legally.

Sounds like a problem. I have more or less decided to get my local computer store to build my next computer to my specs, rather than attempting to build it myself, as I have always done before. So I will give them the disk and tell them to put win 7 on the computer for me. But that may be another year or two as my present system is fine.

Sounds like a problem. I have more or less decided to get my local computer store to build my next computer to my specs, rather than attempting to build it myself, as I have always done before. So I will give them the disk and tell them to put win 7 on the computer for me. But that may be another year or two as my present system is fine.
Just gave you the possibility to use your license now on your current PC. Once you get your new one, you can use the license for it.

Forum List

Back