Favorite PC Game

Currently playing Metro Last Light.
Is it good?

Really too early to make a fair judgment. I've only had time to play for a couple hours since it came out. It looks amazing on Super High settings. So far I am really enjoying it. My only complaint is the npc that constantly leads me around. Feels like im on a leash. I'm hoping that is just basically like an extended tutorial.

I'll probably get into it either tonight or Tuesday after work.

Its a pain that games keep needing the latest specs. I cannot play the latest windows 7 games as windows 7 only works on 64 bit computers and mine is a 32 bit running windows XP.

Unlikely.

Windows 7 has both 32 and 64 bit flavors. Even Windows 8 has a 32 bit version.

Microsoft Windows 8 32-bit (Full Version) - Newegg.com

In the year 2000, that would be 13 years ago, AMD started producing mainstream, consumer processors in 64 bit varieties. Intel caught up a few years later. If your machine is newer than 2005 - it is virtually assured that you have a 64 bit machine. It just took Microsoft ages to produce a decent 64 bit OS. Vista was the first viable 64 bit system.

Moreover, the vast majority of games will play on 32 bit Windows XP. There are a few, Crysis for instance, that are specific to the Longhorn Kernel. But most will still run on the old OS. This is because most games are ports from the consoles which are 32 bit in nature.

With an older machine, you'll probably have to turn visual detail WAY down, and you'll need a video card capable of at least DirectX 9C to play most things.

For instance, Mass Effect 3, a modern and ambitious title will run on this;

OS – Windows XP SP3 / Vista SP1 / Windows 7
CPU – 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
RAM – 1 GB for Windows XP / 2 GB for Vista or Windows 7
Disc Drive – 1x speed
Hard Drive: at least 15 GB of free space
Internet connection is required to play
GPU – 256 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 support
Supported chipsets: Nvidia 7900 or better; ATI X1800 or better. Please note that Nvidia GeForce 9300, 8500, and 8300 are below minimum system requirements, as are AMD/ATI Radeon HD3200, HD3300, and HD4350.
Sound – DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX – DirectX 9.0c

Now that is minimum specs and will not yield great visuals, but it will play.

The best game I have ever played is Skyrim. I have been playing that game since November 2011, no, not the same game. I have started it over and over again with different characters. I love to start it over and rebuild my strengths. I love the open world atmosphere.

I also enjoyed Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas for their open world atmospheres.

Oh, that was fun!

bf3mp.jpghttp:
bf3mp.jpg

Origin/Battlelog "Battle Report", wow, that´s cool (was also available for BF2 on bfstats.info servers) and I joined just amidst the match:
Battle Report - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

Last edited:
Pong was good but Crysis is better. I'm not into stragegy games or buddy games. I want to be able to stop thinking and start shooting.

:D

FIA World Rally Championship 3

If you want a mature racing game, you must get this. In times where racing games are mostly about to destruct opponents, drag and drift humbug grates on you and childish modes dominate, WRC 3 is a lonely star in the sky :)

wrc3.jpg

Last edited:
Pong was good but Crysis is better. I'm not into stragegy games or buddy games. I want to be able to stop thinking and start shooting.

:D

With any of the Crysis games, you just don't do any mindless shooting, otherwise, you don't last long. If you like truly mindless FPS's, I recommend "Pain Killer." In fact the Angel instructs you to kill anything that moves. You don't have to worry about collateral damage.

Currently playing Metro Last Light.

How is it?

I enjoyed Metro 2033.

This Metro game that is the craze right now? Can it be purchased in a store, or is it strictly download?

If it's a download, I'll never get it, since I have a satellite system, and that's the only thing I can get unless, I want to try a wireless hot spot, which is spotty at best out where I live.

I think that the posted graphics in thread might need size reformatting prior to uploading :)

On Metro Last Light;

I finally picked it up = $10 on Steam.

I'm impressed. The graphics are amazing. It's been a long time since a game could bring my machine to it's knees. I applied the overclocking to both CPU and GPU and it runs fine. This thing is utterly gorgeous. Youtube feeds of XBox and PS3 versions don't do it justice, this MUST be played on a high end PC. I realize the 4A engine is a modified version of the Crytec 3 engine, but it looks much nicer than Crysis 3. I'm running a Radeon 7990 and it takes everything my rig has got to pump out good frame rates. It also is CPU intensive, I run a G15 keyboard and can monitory CPU usage, it nails 3 cores pretty consistently.

Thankfully it takes to overclocking nicely. I had been playing Fallout 3 - which crashes if you look at it sideways - and won't allow even modest overclocking. But I pumped the 3770K to 5GhZ and had no complaints from Metro - just shows what a well designed engine acts like.

Hats off to both Crytec and Deep Silver on this one - really well done.

Last edited:
On Metro Last Light;

I finally picked it up = $10 on Steam.

I'm impressed. The graphics are amazing. It's been a long time since a game could bring my machine to it's knees. I applied the overclocking to both CPU and GPU and it runs fine. This thing is utterly gorgeous. Youtube feeds of XBox and PS3 versions don't do it justice, this MUST be played on a high end PC. I realize the 4A engine is a modified version of the Crytec 3 engine, but it looks much nicer than Crysis 3. I'm running a Radeon 7990 and it takes everything my rig has got to pump out good frame rates. It also is CPU intensive, I run a G15 keyboard and can monitory CPU usage, it nails 3 cores pretty consistently.

Thankfully it takes to overclocking nicely. I had been playing Fallout 3 - which crashes if you look at it sideways - and won't allow even modest overclocking. But I pumped the 3770K to 5GhZ and had no complaints from Metro - just shows what a well designed engine acts like.

Hats off to both Crytec and Deep Silver on this one - really well done.
Fallout 3 appears to crash with quadcore CPUs and Windows 7. Quadcore + Vista and it runs fine.

Forum List

Back