Father of Lost SEAL Rips Trump

Anyone who has ever served in the military knows that even the best of plans can easily turn into shit the minute you hit the ground.

The true story movies "Lone Survivor" and "Black Hawk Down" are two real live examples.

The guy's son was a Navy Seal who knew the risks and willingly accepted the job he was trained to do.

To blame Trump, or anyone else, for a mission going sideways is retarded.
..... :cool:
Omaha Beach

How did it go sideways? It was a typical successful mission against a well-prepared force. Nobody should demand a cakewalk.

You whined and cried, when OBL was killed, because supposedly Obama was a spectator in the raid. Well in this one, Homer, Trump didn't even bother to come to the situation room. He must have had better things to do, and crotches to be grabbed
Neither Trump nor Obama have anything to do with the killing of terrorists... it's the planners then the special operations/special forces/seal teams that do the killing…
My how times have changed. Why didn't Trump even bother to see what was happening?
It's a military thing you would not understand… There's a reason why the military overwhelmingly voted for Trump. Last eight years have put the military through a living hell… Elections have consequences
What hell was the military put through over the past 8 years Homer? Was trump too good, too important to watch the raid unfold, or did he know from the get it would be a failure?

How would Trump know that AQ was tipped off to the mission? AQ was cocked, locked and ready to rock.

The Hills Have Eyes

They always are. They were tipped off by their fellow tribesmen in Yemen, where the bin Laden family originated.

Vast majority of them voted for Trump… Barry pretended to care. Military folks saw right through him.

I know, dumbass, ...

... low IQ authoritarians overwhelming vote for other low IQ authoritarians.
Just admit it barry is/was classless... he never understood the military's role in the world. Because he was a dumb shit progressive

I give the father credit. If I was in his shoes, I would have had to be restrained or worse. My words would have been much worse and nasty. How he holds himself in check I don't know. I give him credit. What a loss he has endured.
funny, the mother of the son lost in Benghazi did this and you all shit on her. you all are such hypocrites to repeat daily as i do.
do you have a link to this?
Brummel, she was one of the highlights of the Republican Convention, this mom of a slain private security guard at Benghazi. She is very bitter, saying that Hillary told her personally that the loss of her son was inspired by a video. I am assuming she told the truth, and I know some Democrats questioned her judgement, but since I felt she has a right to question her son's death, I did not register any vile comments. Nor can I say there were none. I did hear pretty much the same as on this Yemen occasion, that he chose the mission and accepted the dangers though. Either way, I give grieving parents a lot of latitude. God bless them!

Wow ... strong words ...

The father of a U.S. commando killed during the first counter-terrorism operation of President Donald Trump's term in office said Friday that Trump shouldn't "hide behind" his son's death to avoid an investigation into the mission.

"Don’t hide behind my son’s death to prevent an investigation," William Owens, the father of Chief Special Warfare Operator William "Ryan" Owens, said in an interviewwith the Miami Herald. "The government owes my son an investigation."

William "Ryan" Owens died Jan. 28 of wounds sustained during a raid on an al-Qaida base in Yemen. Trump traveled to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware in February to join Owens' family and meet his remains.

"I told them I don’t want to meet the President," William Owens said, as quoted by the Miami Herald. "I told them I didn’t want to make a scene about it, but my conscience wouldn’t let me talk to him."

He questioned the decision to launch the raid.

"Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn’t even barely a week into his administration? Why?" Owens said. "All of a sudden we had to make this grand display?"

Father Of SEAL Killed In Yemen To Trump: 'Don’t Hide Behind My Son’s Death'
By all meas... let's investigate.

I give the father credit. If I was in his shoes, I would have had to be restrained or worse. My words would have been much worse and nasty. How he holds himself in check I don't know. I give him credit. What a loss he has endured.
Can you imagine the right wing reaction if it had been don by Obama?

Do you have any idea how many Navy Seals were killed during Obama's time in office?
No, how many?

I could look it up, but I assure you it was a helluva lot more than ONE.

He's the Father, he has every right to be upset. But he also has to realize that his son volunteered to serve. He wasn't forced. That being said, it does appear the raid was botched. Several innocent women and children were killed.

But hey, the majority of Americans do support Perpetual War. It's all they know. So, they should get used to seeing much more horrific carnage. One day the chickens are really gonna come home to roost. You can't be meddling and killing in all these countries, and think there won't be grave consequences at some point. 'Blow Back' is very real. Americans should look into it. There will be bloody unintended consequences. There always is.

The mission was planned and approved during the end of the last presidential term.

Is the real expectation that no men will ever be lost to combat?

A whole helicopter full of Navy Seals was shot down, who took the fall? Was there an investigation.

I assume this Father knows that when someone joins the military they might actual have to go on missions.

That said, I feel for the Father I want this to happen to no one, friend or foe.
"The mission was planned and approved during the end of the last presidential term." If the mission had been approved during the end of the last term it would have been executed during the last term. It was planned and handed off to the next term to approve. Bush 41 wrote and negotiated NAFTA, but who do you blame for it? Does anybody point at Ike for the Bay of Pigs disaster?

This mission relied on total cover of darkness.

"President Barack Obama’s national security aides had reviewed the plans for a risky attack on a small, heavily guarded brick home of a senior Qaeda collaborator in a mountainous village in a remote part of central Yemen.

But Mr. Obama did not act because the Pentagon wanted to launch the attack on a moonless night and the next one would come after his term had ended"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/world/middleeast/donald-trump-yemen-commando-raid-questions.html
Dancer, this is all academic. I don't know why Ike didn't act on the Bay of Pigs either. All I know is the mission failed. If you will remember, I did not blame Trump for this Yemen bust as I'm certain he was counting on a rousing success. And I'm sure we'd have heard about his military prowess ad nauseum had the raid succeeded in whatever it's mission was. Although finding the tipper (if there is one like it seems) is a priority with me. But I will always contend that the decision is an Oval Office responsibility. And you will also recall he talked a lot about 'Day One' and how he would immediately assume Presidential responsibility for American safety. I have to assume too...that the man who knows more than the generals will man up. Bottom line...find the tipper!

If all you know is that the Bay of Pigs failed you are not very well informed. The primary reason for the failure was the cancellation of the US bombers that were scheduled to take out the Cuban MIGs on the ground. The result was the slaughter of the invading force on the beaches by Castro' Air Force. Rule one of an invasion is air superiority.

He's the Father, he has every right to be upset. But he also has to realize that his son volunteered to serve. He wasn't forced. That being said, it does appear the raid was botched. Several innocent women and children were killed.

But hey, the majority of Americans do support Perpetual War. It's all they know. So, they should get used to seeing much more horrific carnage. One day the chickens are really gonna come home to roost. You can't be meddling and killing in all these countries, and think there won't be grave consequences at some point. 'Blow Back' is very real. Americans should look into it. There will be bloody unintended consequences. There always is.
Dschrute3, when an enemy hides behind citizens especially women and children, the ones at fault are them.creating a battlefield with women and children is unconscionable, and yet, our enemy does it. If one can never defend oneself, then our women and children are put at risk. It is what a war is.

Dschrute3, when an enemy hides behind citizens especially women and children, the ones at fault are them.creating a battlefield with women and children is unconscionable, and yet, our enemy does it. If one can never defend oneself, then our women and children are put at risk. It is what a war is.

'Blow Back.' More Americans should become familiar with it. All this meddling and killing in so many countries, is gonna come back around on them. The chickens have to come home to roost at some point. It's inevitable.

End all the meddling and war in the Middle East especially. It's time for Americans to begin listening to one of our brilliant Founding Fathers...

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson

'Blow Back.' More Americans should become familiar with it. All this meddling and killing in so many countries, is gonna come back around on them. The chickens have to come home to roost at some point. It's inevitable.

End all the meddling and war in the Middle East especially. It's time for Americans to begin listening to one of our brilliant Founding Fathers...

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson
blowback started many many moons ago. until the war is over, the pendulum that was started on 9/11 is always moving.

blowback started many many moons ago. until the war is over, the pendulum that was started on 9/11 is always moving.

Americans should always remember... You do reap what you sow.

If you support Perpetual War, you have to expect to suffer some consequences.

anyone who doesn't know that is out of touch with reality. it's why hundreds have died in chicago over the years.

Provocation is dangerous.

anyone who doesn't know that is out of touch with reality. it's why hundreds have died in chicago over the years.

We shouldn't even be in Yemen. How many countries are we meddling and killing in now? How many we up to? This aggressive Interventionism is so out of control. We need to scale it back bigtime. We're only sowing the seeds of more bloody Blow Back.

Our country supports endless wars-police actions because their isn't a draft!!! If there was a draft without loopholes where regardless who you are in society you are subject to be drafted to serve in our corporate-contractor war's of choice; the country and congress would think it thru before sending the military into unwinnable wars. Imagine if millionare and billionarie sons were subject for the draft! Imagine if our athletes instead of getting drafted by the NFL, NBA or MLB all is put on hold because theres a military draft coming up!

We shouldn't even be in Yemen. How many countries are we meddling and killing in now? How many we up to? This aggressive Interventionism is so out of control. We need to scale it back bigtime. We're only sowing the seeds of more bloody Blow Back.
if we expect to get muslims home, then I'd be glad to hear another alternative. But if you expect that we are just a piece of landscape on earth and all are welcome, well you are goofy.

Anyone who has ever served in the military knows that even the best of plans can easily turn into shit the minute you hit the ground.

The true story movies "Lone Survivor" and "Black Hawk Down" are two real live examples.

The guy's son was a Navy Seal who knew the risks and willingly accepted the job he was trained to do.

To blame Trump, or anyone else, for a mission going sideways is retarded.
..... :cool:
I'm sure Trump gave his undivided attention to that mission and stayed in the "Situation Room"!!!! That's what responsible Commander N- Chief do!!!!

Our country supports endless wars-police actions because their isn't a draft!!! If there was a draft without loopholes where regardless who you are in society you are subject to be drafted to serve in our corporate-contractor war's of choice; the country and congress would think it thru before sending the military into unwinnable wars. Imagine if millionare and billionarie sons were subject for the draft! Imagine if our athletes instead of getting drafted by the NFL, NBA or MLB all is put on hold because theres a military draft coming up!

Yeah, most Warmongers are disingenuous hypocrites. They love starting more wars, but they don't wanna send their own children to die in them. They wanna send others' children instead.

Rule of thumb should be... If you don't feel comfortable sending your own children off to die in a miserable hellhole, then stop the Warmongering. That's how i look at it anyway.

Pure bullshit the raid was planned by the oshitscum administration, and the investigation is INTO who in the oshit administration gave the enemy the details before the raid, and if it is true that osit himself had the info passed to the enemy. You liberal dogs need to be careful what you wish for because all of your lying treasonous scum leaders are going to get caught in your requests and hung for their treason.
Oh yes give Trump all the excuses in the book! Why did Trump give the go ahead with the mission without getting full consultation from his GENERALS. Simply put..........Trumps owns the FAILED Yemen RAID......because he's the fucking President!!!

Forum List

Back