Father of Lost SEAL Rips Trump

vlad_hombre

VIP Member
Feb 7, 2017
Wow ... strong words ...

The father of a U.S. commando killed during the first counter-terrorism operation of President Donald Trump's term in office said Friday that Trump shouldn't "hide behind" his son's death to avoid an investigation into the mission.

"Don’t hide behind my son’s death to prevent an investigation," William Owens, the father of Chief Special Warfare Operator William "Ryan" Owens, said in an interviewwith the Miami Herald. "The government owes my son an investigation."

William "Ryan" Owens died Jan. 28 of wounds sustained during a raid on an al-Qaida base in Yemen. Trump traveled to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware in February to join Owens' family and meet his remains.

"I told them I don’t want to meet the President," William Owens said, as quoted by the Miami Herald. "I told them I didn’t want to make a scene about it, but my conscience wouldn’t let me talk to him."

He questioned the decision to launch the raid.

"Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn’t even barely a week into his administration? Why?" Owens said. "All of a sudden we had to make this grand display?"

Father Of SEAL Killed In Yemen To Trump: 'Don’t Hide Behind My Son’s Death'

I say get the investigation going into who tipped off the mission to AQ. For the father. Sorry for your loss. Your son was a brave man.

But someone betrayed him and his unit on this mission and we need to find out who gave the mission info to AQ.

Now to the stupid father. Sorry for your loss. But if you don't even know that the only reason for this raids timing was no moon.

When the plan was developed in December all of it hinged on a moonless sky to pull it off.

It fell on Trump's watch. It was the first moonless sky.

Wow ... strong words ...

The father of a U.S. commando killed during the first counter-terrorism operation of President Donald Trump's term in office said Friday that Trump shouldn't "hide behind" his son's death to avoid an investigation into the mission.

"Don’t hide behind my son’s death to prevent an investigation," William Owens, the father of Chief Special Warfare Operator William "Ryan" Owens, said in an interviewwith the Miami Herald. "The government owes my son an investigation."

William "Ryan" Owens died Jan. 28 of wounds sustained during a raid on an al-Qaida base in Yemen. Trump traveled to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware in February to join Owens' family and meet his remains.

"I told them I don’t want to meet the President," William Owens said, as quoted by the Miami Herald. "I told them I didn’t want to make a scene about it, but my conscience wouldn’t let me talk to him."

"Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn’t even barely a week into his administration? Why?" Owens said. "All of a sudden we had to make this grand display?"

http://nypost.com/2017/02/02/after-obama-waited-trump-quickly-approved-botched-navy-seal-mission/

Oh and you whiners can't have it 2 ways. Either Trump listens to his military folks who said to launch the mission or he doesn't listen to the military and does things himself so how you want it?

The father of the Seal said he wants an investigation. The left wing claims that he "rips Trump" . When are Americans going to understand that the radical left doesn't give a damn about the Military and never did? It's all about politics.
Whitehall, this is a grieving father, hitting out. Tiny dancer is right in calling for an investigation...into who tipped off the Yemanis. I do believe this raid was simply a mindless gesture to make the new admin look 'macho', but dumb oversight errors like this are hardly exclusive to the Trump admin. However, your obvious assumption that this devastated father MUST be a Democrat, and it's all about politics, and he is a man who doesn't give a damn about the military and just wants to make Trump look bad is off the mark too. Mr Owen didn't 'rip' Trump, he just didn't want to meet him, maybe even be used by the admin. Have you noticed that you haven't hesitated to 'rip' Mr Owen with motives you assign, not to his grief but his assumed politics. How do you know he is a Democrat?

The father of the Seal said he wants an investigation. The left wing claims that he "rips Trump" . When are Americans going to understand that the radical left doesn't give a damn about the Military and never did? It's all about politics.

Yeah. You can really tell how much the left doesn't care about Republican president started this debacle. Then look at which Dem president tried to get protective equipment and pay raises while the R congress voted it down. Then check out which Dem FLOTUS, fought for 8 years for jobs and housing for our vets and their families.

Read the Congressional record to learn who really votes for and against our military.

And lastly, which asshole cheeto in chief insisted on this raid even though everyone who knew what they were doing told him not to?

Bottom line, that man did not have to die and there is no one who does not know that.

16999035_1086690644809835_5370355724259410975_n.jpg

Now to the stupid father. Sorry for your loss. But if you don't even know that the only reason for this raids timing was no moon.

When the plan was developed in December all of it hinged on a moonless sky to pull it off.

It fell on Trump's watch. It was the first moonless sky.

Yeah and it was the only moonless night for the next, oh, three thousand four hundred and fifty eight years, right?

IOW, you're an idiot.

Yeah. You can really tell how much the left doesn't care about Republican president started this debacle. Then look at which Dem president tried to get protective equipment and pay raises while the R congress voted it down. Then check out which Dem FLOTUS, fought for 8 years for jobs and housing for our vets and their families.

Read the Congressional record to learn who really votes for and against our military.

And lastly, which asshole cheeto in chief insisted on this raid even though everyone who knew what they were doing told him not to?

Bottom line, that man did not have to die and there is no one who does not know that.

16999035_1086690644809835_5370355724259410975_n.jpg
Michelle only did that for black veterans.

Hopefully there will be an investigation to find the Obama subverts and traitors who tipped off AQ and are responsible for the leaks.

“Don’t hide behind my son’s death.”

The father of the Navy SEAL killed in a botched Yemen raid last month wants an investigation into the White House-ordered operation that claimed his son’s life.

Bill Owens, the father of Chief Petty Officer William “Ryan” Owens, the Navy SEAL who died in the operation, accuses the Trump administration of using his son as a political prop in an interview published Sunday in The Miami Herald.

“Don’t hide behind my son’s death to prevent an investigation,” he said of the mission, which was intended for servicemen to gather laptops, cellphones and intelligence about al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula but morphed into a fiery battle that killed Owens and several civilians.

“I want an investigation. … The government owes my son an investigation,” he told The Herald, adding that he couldn’t bear to meet President Donald Trump when he came to pay his respects as Ryan’s casket was carried off the military plane.

More: Father Of SEAL Slain In Yemen Demands Investigation

I agree, Sir! I'm sorry about your son. I thank him for his heroic service to country. My sincere condolences to you and family. There must be a thorough investigation into Trump's Yemen raid debacle that was planned over dinner. Also, during the raid, Trump wasn't even in the Situation Room. He was somewhere else Tweeting about something totally unrelated.

Wow ... strong words ...

Yellow Jurinalism

Your media take advantage of people. They see a suffering father and all those heartless presstitutes can think of is an opportunity to turn him against Trump.

The mission was a success. I went on a mission where we lost 28 dead, yet it had to be counted as a success because the enemy lost 300 and lost control of the area. Investigation would have revealed that the Colonel walked us into an ambush on purpose and wouldn't call in airstrikes, which would have chased the enemy away before the Phantom jets arrived. But it had to be done. That's how we fought when we won our wars. Sacrificing troops and using them as bait was also done in the Mel Gibson movie.We Were Soldiers, but rarely done after that action in Novermber, 1965. Not that it was done in Yemen, either, but ignorant anti-war scribblers can find all kinds of ways to make a success look like a failure.

Have you noticed that you haven't hesitated to 'rip' Mr Owen with motives you assign, not to his grief but his assumed politics. How do you know he is a Democrat?
You, and even some of the Republicans, are assuming the mission was a failure. Was Entebbe a failure because Netanyahu's brother got killed, and even a few of the hostages?

Forum List

Back