fat dogs....all of them....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
so i ran the dogs to the vet yesterday....her first comment....'none of them have missed a meal' and it went down hill from there....

thor is now a 'king doberman' that is what owners of huge ass dobermans call them....my vet calls him a fat ass

buddy the corgi mix.....has gained 5 lbs....he is at 47 lbs...

semba the active one....aussie mix....is fat too....

she said reduce their food 25% immediately....well i did that....and they are going to devour me any minute now....

any used diet food for dogs.....

My parents had a Black Lab/German Shepard mix growing up and she was the sweetest dog. My parents got her when I was a Jr. in high school. They overfed her to the point that she was terribly obese, my parents have a tendency show their love through food and boy did they ever love that dog. lol. As did I. I would complain to them endlessly that all that overfeeding was going to shorten her life-span. As she got older she had some back leg issues from her weight but she lived to be 17 years old, which is 3 full years past the average life-span for her breeds. Despite her weight and later health issues I think the love she received and the happiness in her life made her live longer. She passed away the previous summer. :( They have learned their lesson but I also learned that overfeeding a dog instant an automatic death sentence. I still make sure they give the dogs they have now the correct amount of food.

Last edited:
so i ran the dogs to the vet yesterday....her first comment....'none of them have missed a meal' and it went down hill from there....

thor is now a 'king doberman' that is what owners of huge ass dobermans call them....my vet calls him a fat ass

she said reduce their food 25% immediately....well i did that....and they are going to devour me any minute now....

How about increasing their exercise too?

One of my neighbors used to put his dogs in the back of his pickup and drive out to an old farm. He would let them out and then drive down the dirt tracks with them running after him for a couple of miles. Neither of his dogs were ever fat.

She say anything about increasing their exercise?

Do you get 'em wheat-free food? That might be a factor. :dunno:

yea she mentioned the e word.....they are more upset over that...semba is easy to take out and he loves to walk....buddy likes to ride but does not like to walk....thor likes to eat.....he already has hip problems and always has and has a knee replacement....that slowed him down and i like him get overweight....now the hard part

She say anything about increasing their exercise?

Do you get 'em wheat-free food? That might be a factor. :dunno:

I guess I should quit baking mine treats. My dog treat recipe calls for whole wheat flour, organic peanut butter, oats, milk, and molasses. I figured they would be healthier than store bought treats, and cheaper too!

I've got one older pug that when I take her on walks, she lays down in the road when she gets tired. I usually have to carry her home. It's a great work out for me. :)

All four of them are cuddled up in a line sleeping, they look like 4 pigs in a blanket. :D

masonlifejacket.jpg

masonandemma.jpg

what not to love about pugs.....i bake treats too....whole wheat flour...peanut butter....honey...carob power...eggs

and some morning i just scramble duck eggs for them....

what not to love about pugs.....i bake treats too....whole wheat flour...peanut butter....honey...carob power...eggs

Scrambled duck eggs are so common amongst animal diets in the wild! ;)

And carnivores can be seen munching down in wheat fields too. ;)

I see an opening for pet dieticians as a growth area for jobs in the future . :D

Scrambled duck eggs are so common amongst animal diets in the wild! ;)

And carnivores can be seen munching down in wheat fields too. ;)

I see an opening for pet dieticians as a growth area for jobs in the future . :D

I have a hard time imagining wild packs of pugs. lol

i use to get it at lowe's foods and it was okay priced....but they closed it out....i purchased all i could at the time...3 large cans....but they are gone....and i have not restocked....its too pricey at health food stores....i use recipes off bullwinkle....i was gonna make liver treats...buddy loves the bi low jacks but his ass gained 5 lbs..hell all of them are just fucking fat...

Holy crap quit feeding your freaking dogs bones.excercise scmecercise. Put up their dog bowls and give them food (like 4 pieces) when they come if you call.

Snoop got terribly fat..I feed mylo 3x what he gets. He gets a tiny single handful of food in the am after he goes out. Maybe ten dime sized nuggets. Throughout the day, he gets a few pieces in his bowl when he comes in from outside. Never free choice, never a cup or half cup. And he looks good now

Except when we went to flame he opened the cupboard and gorged, then shit all over the hallway and my daughter's room.

He gets goodies but just a tiny bite. The bulk of scraps go to mylo who is thin since her illness last winter.

Unless you can run about thirty miles a day they aren't going to walk off those pounds, bones. I'd cut food by fifty percent and see what you get. Dogs are made for feast and famine, they'll be fine. If you feel really guilty you can barf up some veggies for them like wild canines do for each other. Btw cooked carrots are a good filler for them...stay away from corn obviously.

WP_20150919_007.jpg
he's all scrunched but he actually has a waist now, you should've seen him before.

This was breakfast
WP_20150919_006.jpg

its horrible and i know it....i have been this way since i rescued the starved doberman....i just cant stand to see ribs....i know i know...that is wrong ....and its so hard on the dobie now.....you think his fat ass wants to walk or run? which reminds me let me toss them out now

Forum List

Back