fat dogs....all of them....

WP_20150919_010.jpg

If you feed them a few bites every time they come in, you can guarantee they come every time you call. I put them up at our meal time, I can't train the kids not to feed them, but they get goodies after. Snoop just a bite...mylo gets as much as there is and finally she's looking almost normal. She fares best with table food meat and veggies, than dog food.

Mom puts hers on top of the drier for kitties, but dobie can probably reach it.

Seeing some ribs is good bones....but if their hip bones are easily felt and hard they need some padding. For horses, when you run your hand with a fair ant of pressure over their ribs, front to back, you should just feet the last three or four, and it's ok to see a couple.

this is not aging well kg.....dobie threw up from eating grass.....they are hungry and let me know it....you should see them if i get something to eat....6 eyes are upon me....but i am holding

Try feeding him tiny bits through the day. Seriously, snoop loves cooked carrots. Check to make sure they aren't toxic or something....and cook up chicken and keep it on hand to just give tiny bites....they'll think they're eating but it won't make them fat. Put them up when you eat or make them stay behind a line. They'll get used to it, they really will. And don't feed into it. No "oh you poor thing mama's starving babies" it just trains them to be pathetic. Dogs eat in front of each other all the time and nobody cries.

Ha Snoop was a very fat piggy for a while. And I don't leave food down for them...it attracts pests. Plus I just don't have money to spend on food they don't need. Snoop got so pushy with the kids about food that he now gets to be in a bedroom any time any kid is eating. He would literally lurk over them like a vulture.

well week one is over and we are all alive.....i now get their food ready while they are outside and remove the cat food before i go out.....so far they are all just fattening hogs...with paws

I've found ritual is really important to them....more than how much they get, if that makes any sense. As long as we have a ritual the ant doesn't matter so much. It still matters though. I have always taught my kids that hungry dogs are dangerous dogs, though with time and training you can make it less so.

o they arent that hungry.....but kids with food would be taken down and their food would be grabbed....lol...when my son was little...the dobie would grab his burger....but son would take a bite..then hold it out to dog...then take it back....teasing..finally the dog would just take the burger...and once i saw it..i stopped them both

Snoop takes food out of babies' mouths if one allows it.

We took an absolutely beautiful purebred female, one year old standard poodle from a friend of ours who, due to divorce could no longer keep her.

That dog was nothing but pig in poodle coat. She would eat anything in any amount. She ate coconut mulch we spread on our flower bed. She ate our kids' crayons for colorful results in the backyard. She managed to drag a half bag of potato chips down from a chest high wall unit and eat the contents plus half of the bag. She opened the doors on an end table on which our aquarium stood and where we kept the fish food and gobbled up all the fish food. She had an unsurpassed talent to steal food anywhere, anytime from anybody.

She dies of bloat in the kennel where we left her while we were on vacation. Apparently she ate the feces of other dogs while there.

That was in 1989. WE still miss her, with misty eyes.

Snoop takes food out of babies' mouths if one allows it.

We took an absolutely beautiful purebred female, one year old standard poodle from a friend of ours who, due to divorce could no longer keep her.

That dog was nothing but pig in poodle coat. She would eat anything in any amount. She ate coconut mulch we spread on our flower bed. She ate our kids' crayons for colorful results in the backyard. She managed to drag a half bag of potato chips down from a chest high wall unit and eat the contents plus half of the bag. She opened the doors on an end table on which our aquarium stood and where we kept the fish food and gobbled up all the fish food. She had an unsurpassed talent to steal food anywhere, anytime from anybody.

She dies of bloat in the kennel where we left her while we were on vacation. Apparently she ate the feces of other dogs while there.

That was in 1989. WE still miss her, with misty eyes.
:(
Snoop was a picky eater before I got him.

Now he's not. Lol.

His latest thing is to get into the freezer and eat the frozen vegetables.

Forum List

Back