Fan problems

Said1 said:
Well, if you must know! :D

Over the next few days. I have a friend experienced in this area who can do it Wednesday or Thursday. I'm looking into a laptop too, whatever comes first I guess.

Make sure he looks into why your power supplies are not lasting as they should rather than just replacing the power supply and moving on. There is a short somewhere if the power supply dies so quickly.

Of course it is possible that my diagnosis is incorrect as I have not seen the computer but I doubt it based on your description. Tell me how it ends. I like to finish what I started. LOL.

no1tovote4 said:
Make sure he looks into why your power supplies are not lasting as they should rather than just replacing the power supply and moving on. There is a short somewhere if the power supply dies so quickly.

Of course it is possible that my diagnosis is incorrect as I have not seen the computer but I doubt it based on your description. Tell me how it ends. I like to finish what I started. LOL.

I tend to agree with what you said, as does he and my brother-in-law who is an electrician by trade. That has to be delt with too. Grrrr. Stupid house.

Said1 said:
I tend to agree with what you said, as does he and my brother-in-law who is an electrician by trade. That has to be delt with too. Grrrr. Stupid house.

It might not be the house, it could be something as simple as a spacer touching part of the circuitry and shorting the power to your casing on the box or even a missing spacer allowing a portion of the mainboard to touch the casing and short itself. Even a Vid or Sound Card that is shorting itself and needs to be replaced.

Don't get discouraged, it sometimes takes some time to find the issue.

no1tovote4 said:
It might not be the house, it could be something as simple as a spacer touching part of the circuitry and shorting the power to your casing on the box or even a missing spacer allowing a portion of the mainboard to touch the casing and short itself. Even a Vid or Sound Card that is shorting itself and needs to be replaced.

Don't get discouraged, it sometimes takes some time to find the issue.

Don't know, but I can say that this isn't the first computer that has power supply failures. We're working on it, should be sorted out by the end of the week

Forum List

Back