Family Sues PA School District After Their Daughter is Abused and Called a KKK Suppor

by Jim Hoft
December 22, 2012

In October a Pennsylvania teen was ridiculed by her teacher and called a KKK supporter for wearing a Romney T-shirt to class.

This week the family sued the teacher at Charles Carroll High School and the school district over the abuse their daughter suffered for wearing the Rommney T-shirt to school.
Philly.com reported, via Townhall:

The parents of the Charles Carroll High School student ridiculed and ordered by her teacher to remove a t-shirt supporting Mitt Romney sued the teacher and school district on Friday, claiming the act violated the girl’s civil rights.

Filed in federal court in Philadelphia, the suit says the district ignored Samantha Pawlucy’s right to free speech, let other students threaten and harass her and subjected her “to emotional distress, simply because she exercised her First Amendment rights.”

Fernando Gallard, a spokesman for the district, said it would not comment on the lawsuit.

Pawlucy, a 16-year-old sophomore from Port Richmond, drew national headlines from the furor that erupted when she wore a pink “Romney-Ryan” shirt during a dress-down day at school in September.

According to the lawsuit, Pawlucy had worn the shirt all day when she walked into geometry teacher Lynette Gaymon’s classroom.

The teacher allegedly told the teen that Charles Carroll was a “Democratic” school and that her shirt was akin to one spouting a logo for the Ku Klux Klan.​

Family Sues PA School District After Their Daughter is Abused and Called a KKK Supporter for Wearing Romney T-Shirt | The Gateway Pundit

Video Link:
Teacher Kicks Student Out of Class for Wearing Mitt Romney T-Shirt - YouTube

So the girl expressing her political opinion on the T-shirt is just her expressing her first amendmant right to free speech. But the others - who expressed their disagreement to her political opinions - are guilty of a tort?

People are such hypocritical idiots. Everyone has a right to express their political opinions. And everyone else has a right to express theirs as well. It's a knife that cuts both ways.

The teacher has a right to express her opinion as a private citizen, but as an agent of the government, has no right to enforce it.

You're just a coward. You have no other reason for whining about the school district being sued other than you don't like its going to bring the left wing control freaks tactics to light. You'd love for her to get away with it.

LOL. You are a riot..and full of shit. Nobody defended the teacher did they, douchenozzle? No, they didn't.

Here's a military term even you will be familiar with...dismissed.[/QUOTE
Bullshit. Plain and simple , youre hiding behind this lame and already dismantled argument of it not being a big enough deal to sue. It is. So continue with your little veiled approval through ad-hominems, straw man arguments, and evasion of the actually issue. Lmao! You're really this stupid aren't you?

It would be great if the parents sue and lose...and have to pay all court costs.

LOL. You are a riot..and full of shit. Nobody defended the teacher did they, douchenozzle? No, they didn't.

Bullshit. Plain and simple , youre hiding behind this lame and already dismantled argument of it not being a big enough deal to sue. It is. So continue with your little veiled approval through ad-hominems, straw man arguments, and evasion of the actually issue. Lmao! You're really this stupid aren't you?

It would be great if the parents sue and lose...and have to pay all court costs.

So, you really think the teacher should get away with this?

What "pound of flesh" do you want? The teacher claimed it was a joke and the father acknowledged that it could've seen as such. They requested a meeting, that they got, where the teacher apologized.

Now all of a sudden they are suing the School District? Why do ALL kids have to suffer? Do you approve of SUING over this?

Is that poor girl out of intensive care yet?

Probably need decades of rehabilitation and therapy....

Undoubtedly, conservatives will want the taxpayers to pay MILLIONS to that poor girl and her family in order to adequately compensate them for the manner in which their lives have been irreparably damaged and the devastation it's caused in their lives. They might never be the same again.

Yes because you're a fascist. Thanks for your honesty, Bo Diddly.

What "pound of flesh" do you want? The teacher claimed it was a joke and the father acknowledged that it could've seen as such. They requested a meeting, that they got, where the teacher apologized.

Now all of a sudden they are suing the School District? Why do ALL kids have to suffer? Do you approve of SUING over this?

My money is betting you'd be just fine if the tables were turned.

Fuk off hypocrite.

Last edited:

This is why you lefties are such hypocrites. The teacher is a flat out racist and is allowed to get by with it because she said it was a joke. You sad pitiful loser.

This is why you lefties are such hypocrites. The teacher is a flat out racist and is allowed to get by with it because she said it was a joke. You sad pitiful loser.

Now the teacher is a racist?

Any other "pearl-clutching" comments by the whimps on the Right?

... a 16-year-old sophomore ... wore a pink “Romney-Ryan” shirt during a dress-down day ...

Seems like there are really only two REAL issues here.

Its too late to give her a Bushmaster with a 30 round clip for her Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party and, she's a tacky dresser.

The good news is, she didn't
eric-hartsburg-romney-tattoo.jpg

Funny that rw's who are in favor of tort reform and don't want people who actually suffer REAL injury being able to get a financial award, but want this girl to win big bucks for being called a name. If it were the other way around, you rw's would be on the side of the teacher and against the spoiled little girl who just wants to get her way.

My first reaction was, "fire the teacher" but really, she committed no crime. The teacher said she was joking. Bad joke and she needs a little re-educating for sure.

Instead of arguing and fighting and shooting each other, isn't it time we actually talked to each other?

Fuk off hypocrite.

No, actually I wouldn't be...but I'm coming around to the idea. I'd like to see the bullied gay kids getting some School District scratch.

No, she SHOULD be fired.

Real funny, bully a child.....a person in a position of authority bullying a child.

She wasn't joking, she is trying to cover her ass.

... a 16-year-old sophomore ... wore a pink “Romney-Ryan” shirt during a dress-down day ...

Seems like there are really only two REAL issues here.

Its too late to give her a Bushmaster with a 30 round clip for her Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party and, she's a tacky dresser.

The good news is, she didn't
eric-hartsburg-romney-tattoo.jpg

Funny that rw's who are in favor of tort reform and don't want people who actually suffer REAL injury being able to get a financial award, but want this girl to win big bucks for being called a name. If it were the other way around, you rw's would be on the side of the teacher and against the spoiled little girl who just wants to get her way.

My first reaction was, "fire the teacher" but really, she committed no crime. The teacher said she was joking. Bad joke and she needs a little re-educating for sure.

Instead of arguing and fighting and shooting each other, isn't it time we actually talked to each other?

Fuk off hypocrite.

No, actually I wouldn't be...but I'm coming around to the idea. I'd like to see the bullied gay kids getting some School District scratch.
If a teacher picked a gay kid out to harass I would expect it. You retards always set your argument on such weak grounding. You're hypocrites as the guy youre responding to clearly points out. You're a silly bitch, old as hell bit still believing you can control men when you could when you were young n hot. And trust me, you can't, you're an old wore out bag of flesh noone wants, Ham Samich.

Last edited:
Like I said, you have no idea what it has been like for women who serve. Read about military rapes and then ask yourself why someone might not make a stink about being called a gash.

Things are FINALLY starting to change and it isn't because Bod risked her career over a epithet.
But if she had, it would have started changing sooner.

Did Rosa Parks get up and move to the back of the bus because it would have been easier?

Oh for shit sake it would not. This wasn't some "back of the bus" moment Mr. Hyperbole. It was one jerk making an asshole comment and Bod not making a stink out of it because she's not a whiny little bitch.

If you'd heard some JO call you a dick would you have run to the command and filed a complaint?
You just keep making excuses for her weakness.

Please point out who is defending the teacher. Oh, no one is. I see people decrying frivolous lawsuits, but I don't see a single person defending the teacher.

I'm starting to really like the idea. So many families of gay kids can sue schools that don't stop the bullying in their school. Go lawyers!!!
You're just a coward. You have no other reason for whining about the school district being sued other than you don't like its going to bring the left wing control freaks tactics to light. You'd love for her to get away with it.

Here's a military term even you will be familiar with...dismissed.
Nobody's defending the teacher?

Then I didn't see all those posts saying the teacher apologized, and that made it a dead issue?

Then I didn't see all those posts saying the teacher apologized, and that made it a dead issue?

AND all the ones telling us it was just a joke gone wrong, and everyone was taking it too seriously.

That's not defending the teacher....it would be defending the teacher if anyone here said the teacher did NOT need to apologize or did no wrong whatsoever.

Glad to point out the OBVIOUS to you.

That's not defending the teacher....it would be defending the teacher if anyone here said the teacher did NOT need to apologize or did no wrong whatsoever.

Yes, the teacher apologized for getting caught. And you believe that's enough to make the issue go away.

:lol:

Yes, the teacher apologized for getting caught. And you believe that's enough to make the issue go away.

:lol:
She supports fascist tactics. She is nailed to the Wall. There really isnt any way around that. She takes off, probably Goes and searchs for a response in her playbook, doesnt find one. Figures she will just use the usual tactics of claiming someone is A crybaby, pretend like you actually arent just gloating over their fellow control freak teacher buddy getting a slap on the wrist. They like how that teacher ordered the student to Mark her an undesirable. Bodecea sieg heils when she hears stories of this.

Forum List

Back