Family of Eric Garner sues for $75 million. NYC looking for quick settlement.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Eric Garner was a thug and career criminal who was breaking the law when killed. He was completely useless and his life did not matter. I wish the city would go to trial cuz i'm sure they'd win.

NYC pushes for settlement in chokehold death - Yahoo News

dec 17 2014
NEW YORK (AP) — The city said Wednesday that it is trying to negotiate a settlement with Eric Garner's family as scores of defense attorneys protested the criminal justice system's handling of police killings of unarmed black men by participating in marches and die-ins.

Officials in Comptroller Scott Stringer's office said the push to reach a settlement of the $75 million civil rights claim brought forth by Garner's family is part of Stringer's strategy to settle major civil rights claims before lawsuits are filed.

NYC should fight this tooth and nail. Let that fat asses family gamble with their money on a lawyer. I bet it turns out very similar to the result from the Grand Jury.

• Banned
Next time a parent in NYC complains about the quality of schools, remind them the city doesn't have the money for schooling after paying out huge settlements to families of dead thugs.

Eric Garner was a thug and career criminal who was breaking the law when killed. He was completely useless and his life did not matter. I wish the city would go to trial cuz i'm sure they'd win.

NYC pushes for settlement in chokehold death - Yahoo News

dec 17 2014
NEW YORK (AP) — The city said Wednesday that it is trying to negotiate a settlement with Eric Garner's family as scores of defense attorneys protested the criminal justice system's handling of police killings of unarmed black men by participating in marches and die-ins.

Officials in Comptroller Scott Stringer's office said the push to reach a settlement of the $75 million civil rights claim brought forth by Garner's family is part of Stringer's strategy to settle major civil rights claims before lawsuits are filed.

Hopefully he had a positive impact in some lives! I hope you do too shootspeeders!

Next time a parent in NYC complains about the quality of schools, remind them the city doesn't have the money for schooling after paying out huge settlements to families of dead thugs.
Looking at it from a distance I'd have thought the shortage of funds was from paying damages for the actions of out of control thug cops. Sooner or later it will be cheaper to rein the police in, especially when every man and his dog is carrying a video camera.

Good. I'm a conservative and against cops at least most of them and they murdered this man in cold blood and that cop should be put in jail. This is a clear cut case and that's why they are settling. Dumb ass cops. You know that cops was fired.

Police_Lives_Matter_Rally.jpg

Eric Garner is worth far more dead than he ever was alive. The city will pay off. The cost will be somewhat offset by the savings to the city of not having arrests, trials and incarcerations for Garner over his lifetime.

Eric Garner is worth far more dead than he ever was alive. The city will pay off. The cost will be somewhat offset by the savings to the city of not having arrests, trials and incarcerations for Garner over his lifetime.

Yes - the lives of people like eric garner do NOT matter. Thugs like him are a burden on the rest of us.

Forum List

Back