Family Of Cia Contractor Killed In Benghazi Attack Files $2 Million In Claims

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Your decide if putting people into an area we just bombed the crap out of and running guns while doing so is worthy of a law suit.

Family of CIA contractor killed in Benghazi attack files 2 million in claims Fox News

Boston – The family of a CIA contractor killed in Benghazi, Libya, has filed claims seeking $2 million in damages from the Central Intelligence Agency and State Department, alleging there was inadequate security at the U.S. diplomatic post and CIA compound when it came under attack by militants in 2012.
The family of Glen Doherty, led by his mother, Barbara Doherty, filed a claim with the two government agencies last week seeking $1 million for wrongful death. Doherty's friend and executor of his estate, Sean Lake, filed a separate claim seeking a little over $1 million.

It will be thrown out since the info needed for trial will be top secret, classified and not usable for public trial..

The article says the law suit is being filed because the $1 million dollar life insurance policy that he was made to take out, will only pay if he has children or a wife and since he was divorced with no kids, the insurance is not paying....

It will be thrown out since the info needed for trial will be top secret, classified and not usable for public trial..

I agree, justice will never be served. Especially when the ones being sued are the same ones that will willingly hide the evidence.

The article says the law suit is being filed because the $1 million dollar life insurance policy that he was made to take out, will only pay if he has children or a wife and since he was divorced with no kids, the insurance is not paying....

Here is what it actually says: Separately, Doherty's family and Lake filed a lawsuit in state court in California last week over a death benefit on a policy that Doherty was required to take out as a CIA contractor who performed security work overseas in hazardous areas.

Well, it is utterly ridiculous that they would make their employees take out life insurance, when they are SINGLE, with no children, since the policy they are making them take out does not cover anyone in his family left behind?

makes no sense to have this man take out the policy in the first place, being he had no children and he had no wife...?

So if it was never gonna pay up for his death, why have it and make it mandatory for this man to have it?

I hope the family gets the insurance money....they will forever be, without their son.

Well, it is utterly ridiculous that they would make their employees take out life insurance, when they are SINGLE, with no children, since the policy they are making them take out does not cover anyone in his family left behind?

makes no sense to have this man take out the policy in the first place, being he had no children and he had no wife...?

So if it was never gonna pay up for his death, why have it and make it mandatory for this man to have it?

I hope the family gets the insurance money....they will forever be, without their son.

It does seem strange and doesn't make a lot of sense. I am thinking that when the policy was taken out it was assumed his family would receive the money, not knowing that wasn't true. Either that or it was a bribe to get the job which I assume was very well paying.

Forum List

Back