Family of 12-year-old shot, killed in stolen vehicle speaks out against vehicle owner

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
The family of a dead 12-year-old armed robber is angry at the victim for defending himself.

I think the family of the dead 12-year-old armed robber should be angry at themselves for not raising him better.

Family of 12-year-old shot, killed in stolen vehicle speaks out against vehicle owner​

February 23, 2023

DENVER (KDVR) — The family of Elias Armstrong is furious the man who killed the 12-year-old boy won’t face criminal charges.

The boy was found shot to death in a stolen vehicle in the 2900 block of West 10th Avenue on the night of Sunday, Feb. 5.

The Armstrong family told the Problem Solvers that prosecutors obtained surveillance video and shared it with them to explain the decision not to charge the vehicle owner.

Thomas Armstrong said the footage shows a single bullet was fired from the back of the truck first, before the truck owner allegedly unloaded 15 shots into the vehicle, as one of the three boys inside the vehicle fired back twice.

“And the video, it showed the man with his hand on his gun, running towards them with a real fast speed … you heard one shot, then you just heard him let off 15 rounds into the car,” Thomas Armstrong said.

“I know the car had insurance on it, you know, there’s insurance on his car, but there’s no insurance on my brother’s life to get him back,” said Alicia Henderson, the 29-year-old sister of Elias Armstrong.

“So the fact that this man was running up with the gun, showing them that he was very angry, he was going to shoot at them, in my eyes, they (the boys) were defending themselves,” Henderson said.

The family of a dead 12-year-old armed robber is angry at the victim for defending himself.

I think the family of the dead 12-year-old armed robber should be angry at themselves for not raising him better.

Family of 12-year-old shot, killed in stolen vehicle speaks out against vehicle owner​

February 23, 2023

DENVER (KDVR) — The family of Elias Armstrong is furious the man who killed the 12-year-old boy won’t face criminal charges.

The boy was found shot to death in a stolen vehicle in the 2900 block of West 10th Avenue on the night of Sunday, Feb. 5.

The Armstrong family told the Problem Solvers that prosecutors obtained surveillance video and shared it with them to explain the decision not to charge the vehicle owner.

Thomas Armstrong said the footage shows a single bullet was fired from the back of the truck first, before the truck owner allegedly unloaded 15 shots into the vehicle, as one of the three boys inside the vehicle fired back twice.

“And the video, it showed the man with his hand on his gun, running towards them with a real fast speed … you heard one shot, then you just heard him let off 15 rounds into the car,” Thomas Armstrong said.

“I know the car had insurance on it, you know, there’s insurance on his car, but there’s no insurance on my brother’s life to get him back,” said Alicia Henderson, the 29-year-old sister of Elias Armstrong.

“So the fact that this man was running up with the gun, showing them that he was very angry, he was going to shoot at them, in my eyes, they (the boys) were defending themselves,” Henderson said.

They defended themselves in the middle of committing a felony.......

That is your argument?

My guess is this shooter who had his vehicle stolen is black. If a while guy shot up a car full of black kids he would be in trouble.

If you place a vehicle on a table, it's won't run over anybody.
If you put 400,000,000 guns on the table too, there could be trouble.

Nope. Guns and cars are inanimate objects.

If guns caused deaths then we would all be dead because there are more guns in America than people. Thousands would be shot every day.

The only people who pick up a gun and kill someone intentionally with it are criminals, or innocent people stopping a criminal. So logic dictates if you worry more about criminals than guns things will be a lot better. You get rid of the common factor in most shootings, criminals.

Your logic is still flawed because you're comparing likelihood of an event happening based on amount of an X factor. You're comparing 1 X factor against 400million other X factors so you intentionally skewed the example to favor your intended point.

I feel bad for the kids family but not for the kid. When you hang around thugs this stuff happens. When you work with the thugs it happens even more.

I will say that if the Emergency Services Operator told him to wait for the cops, he should have listened; UNLESS there was significant evidence (car motor on, vehicle moving, etc…) that they were trying to leave the scene.

As for the shooting itself… the minute thst first round came from the truck, FIGHTS ON!!! He did absolutely the correct thing unloading that entire magazine into the vehicle. Especially if there was still return fire.

February 23, 2023

The courts should make the dead car thief's parents reimburse the truck owner $4.50 for the 15 rounds of ammunition.

Last edited:

February 23, 2023

From the article it sounds like the kids in the stolen truck got their one shot, inviting the 15 shots. In the meeting engagement, you may only have one chance to avoid being 10 toes up, 6 feet under. I advise you, not to considers, age, race or gender. A bullet from a dumbassed kid can make you just as dead as those of a 20 or 30-year-old hardened criminal. You may have to live with it, but at least you stand a better chance of getting to live with it, than failing you return suppressing fire on threat targets firing, just out of a misplaced sympathy.

The guns are safer on or off the table. Eventually the parking brake linkage will break on the car, causing it to roll off the table and causing untold gravity damage to anyone unlucky enough to be down hill. The guns will stay on the table and harm nobody, better, without proper care they will rust, the springs will lose their tension, the uncared for guns will become inoperative. Ban cars now if you really care about innocent lives.

February 23, 2023

This is not a good parent to allow a 12-year old kid armed with a gun to go around stealing cars.

He got what he deserved under the circumstances.

Yes, true. What do you conclude from that? That if somehow we could magically make all guns disappear, then robbers would be safer in committing their crimes?

Since we cannot magically make all guns disappear, who do you think would keep their guns, were guns to be "outlawed", which would take some of them out of the population, but not all? Criminals, or law-abiding people? Again, robbers would be safer.

And even if generally law-abiding people kept some of their guns, what would happen to them if they used them to protect themselves or their property against robbers? (This is not an abstract question: liberals love to prosecute gun-owners who have used their weapons against criminals, especially if those criminals are members of the liberal client-group.)

Forum List

Back