Fairness Doctrine Senate Hearings on the Way?

What in the hell does air america have to do with this?

they tried to spin the liberal tale in the fairest way possible. By letting the people decide. How do the people decide?? Say it again slowly,, by supporting the sponsors.. Nobody wants to sponsor liberal dreck.. Why the hell do ya think GE is going down in smoke??

That has nohting to do with the fairness doctrine.

Can you tell me what the fairness doctrine says?

Have I missed the law/act that says liberals can not have radio shows?????

Liberals can't get anyone to listen to their point of view so they have to shut down their competition... Can someone tell me how that is "Fairness"?

Another senator lines up behind 'Fairness Doctrine'

Let them try it. I think this could backfire so HUGE in their face it'll be fun to watch.

Bottom line thought, it's just another step towards total control of everything you do and say by the demonazis.

they tried to spin the liberal tale in the fairest way possible. By letting the people decide. How do the people decide?? Say it again slowly,, by supporting the sponsors.. Nobody wants to sponsor liberal dreck.. Why the hell do ya think GE is going down in smoke??

I must disagree with this one part, only because it's not accurate. Most of those who listen to radio are just not interested in liberal views, however as we saw recently, they are using other media forms (oddly many go to Youtube and Hulu now) so you see more of their programming and advertising there instead. At one time TV viewers were dominantly liberal, but now it's about even. The demographics shift a lot when new media outlets become available.

That has nohting to do with the fairness doctrine.

Can you tell me what the fairness doctrine says?

The fairest way to decide is to let the people decide. If people want liberal talk radio they will support it. True? or not true?? Which?
If people wanted it, then people like you would not have to legislate it. Think about it.

Again that has NOTHING to do with the fairness doctrine.

You completetly misunderstand what it says.

I must disagree with this one part, only because it's not accurate. Most of those who listen to radio are just not interested in liberal views, however as we saw recently, they are using other media forms (oddly many go to Youtube and Hulu now) so you see more of their programming and advertising there instead. At one time TV viewers were dominantly liberal, but now it's about even. The demographics shift a lot when new media outlets become available.

I know, just check out the populations at KOS, DU and MoveOn.. that's where liberals hang out. although most of em on here deny knowing anthing at all about KOS..:cuckoo:

Liberals can't get anyone to listen to their point of view so they have to shut down their competition... Can someone tell me how that is "Fairness"?

Let them try it. I think this could backfire so HUGE in their face it'll be fun to watch.

Bottom line thought, it's just another step towards total control of everything you do and say by the demonazis.

Which is one reason why I am so against it.

I know, just check out the populations at KOS, DU and MoveOn.. that's where liberals hang out. although most of em on here deny knowing anthing at all about KOS..:cuckoo:

Hmm ... I only hear mention of those here, I rarely bother with links to any one sided site if I can, they are no fun.

When you take into consideration how MUCH the liberals control as far as media, can you imagine if they DID enact a fairness doctrine? Shit... TV, print, the D.U., the daily KOS, etc., fuck, they'd be cutting their own throat... wouldn't they?

Last edited:

When you take into consideration how MUCH the liberals control as far as media, can you imagine if they DID enact a fairness doctrine. Shit... TV, print, the D.U., the daily KOS, etc., fuck, they'd be cutting their own throat... wouldn't they?

I can't stand modern liberal ideals ... so that wouldn't bother me, but giving that much control to the government is always bad, for everyone.

When you take into consideration how MUCH the liberals control as far as media, can you imagine if they DID enact a fairness doctrine. Shit... TV, print, the D.U., the daily KOS, etc., fuck, they'd be cutting their own throat... wouldn't they?

I can't stand modern liberal ideals ... so that wouldn't bother me, but giving that much control to the government is always bad, for everyone.

Absolutely true. You'd think the ACLU would be against it too. But then, there'd have to be a voice AGAINST THEM too then, and I'd bet my last dollar they don't want that!

Absolutely true. You'd think the ACLU would be against it too. But then, there'd have to be a voice AGAINST THEM too then, and I'd bet my last dollar they don't want that!

Don't get me started on the idiots in the ACLU now.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

Here is the supreme court case which upheld the constitutionality of the FD.

How did it get off the books?

Do you know?

In view of the scarcity of broadcast frequencies, the Government's role in allocating those frequencies, and the legitimate claims of those unable without governmental assistance to gain access to those frequencies for expression of their views, we hold the regulations and [395 U.S. 367, 401] ruling at issue here are both authorized by statute and constitutional

Last edited:

Do you know?

Reagan smote it down with his rightous hand! :clap2:

Ok - a bit too zealous but his administration removed it and it has been gone ever since.

Until now?

woman.screaming.jpg

Do you know?

Reagan smote it down with his rightous hand! :clap2:

Ok - a bit too zealous but his administration removed it and it has been gone ever since.

Until now?

woman.screaming.jpg

We can hope it doesn't start again ... let's all pray that this is just more talking points and nothing else.

What about the revenue we could collect from it and dont?

Billons are made and we get nothing for the use of the airwaves.

I thought you guys hated the media.

Why not charge them for the use?

Forum List

Back