failed the security check......

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
son comes over...son that wants both grumpy and i to get cc permits.....he is objecting to the state of security in the house....he ask ...what is your first line of defense....i replied ...the dogs...well they were all just laying about doing nothing...so he objected to the dogs....i said they give me time to get to a weapon.....he ask...and where is that weapon.....i tell him...backdoor ...by the backdoor.....he goes and grabs my single shot .22 and begins to bitch.....is it loaded? well hell yes its loaded....grumpy says no its not loaded....son affirms that its loaded....damn i know which of my guns are loaded and not....then son ask..what if there are two? i was confused by that question and ask....two what....here we would be typing in caps if i were not so lazy....he beings to get loud....what if 2 people are breaking in....you have one shot.....maybe i should not have joked that i would line them up and use one bullet....then he got pissed...seems shotgun is not loaded..then grumpy makes excuses for it not being loaded..that the safety is tricky and needs work....o my my...yes we know one of his closest friends is a gun smith ....blah blah blah...so then for some reason ...he declares it will not do any good for me to have a pistol i would just leave it in the freezer and could not keep up with it...i snapped....reminding him that the one time in 35 years that i needed a gun...i had one and i managed to protect him (he was an toddler) and myself...here is what i dont get...i have lived in a remote area ....i have for over 35 years...i have neighbors....they dont nose but they know exactly what goes on and who comes and goes...hell i have a phone with me at all times...that was not possible years ago.....i feel more secure than ever....and still dont carry....i know and i am well liked by all the local hoodlums....so it all ended with him declaring me an easy mark.....and me wondering why i bothered having a child? the gun thing ...he is going overboard....i think he is giving g/f a gun for her birthday and i think she may be thinking she is getting an engagement ring...well pumpkin pie...lets just see how that goes?

:lol:
----
It only takes one time, Bones. No reason not to have protection. Prepare yourself woman.
Sometimes only seconds count. What good is your phone or neighbors then?

And WTF is s single shot 22?

the local hoodlums make their own fireworks ....they are most willing to help if i need anything blown up lol.....gotta love em

son comes over...son that wants both grumpy and i to get cc permits.....he is objecting to the state of security in the house....he ask ...what is your first line of defense....i replied ...the dogs...well they were all just laying about doing nothing...so he objected to the dogs....i said they give me time to get to a weapon.....he ask...and where is that weapon.....i tell him...backdoor ...by the backdoor.....he goes and grabs my single shot .22 and begins to bitch.....is it loaded? well hell yes its loaded....grumpy says no its not loaded....son affirms that its loaded....damn i know which of my guns are loaded and not....then son ask..what if there are two? i was confused by that question and ask....two what....here we would be typing in caps if i were not so lazy....he beings to get loud....what if 2 people are breaking in....you have one shot.....maybe i should not have joked that i would line them up and use one bullet....then he got pissed...seems shotgun is not loaded..then grumpy makes excuses for it not being loaded..that the safety is tricky and needs work....o my my...yes we know one of his closest friends is a gun smith ....blah blah blah...so then for some reason ...he declares it will not do any good for me to have a pistol i would just leave it in the freezer and could not keep up with it...i snapped....reminding him that the one time in 35 years that i needed a gun...i had one and i managed to protect him (he was an toddler) and myself...here is what i dont get...i have lived in a remote area ....i have for over 35 years...i have neighbors....they dont nose but they know exactly what goes on and who comes and goes...hell i have a phone with me at all times...that was not possible years ago.....i feel more secure than ever....and still dont carry....i know and i am well liked by all the local hoodlums....so it all ended with him declaring me an easy mark.....and me wondering why i bothered having a child? the gun thing ...he is going overboard....i think he is giving g/f a gun for her birthday and i think she may be thinking she is getting an engagement ring...well pumpkin pie...lets just see how that goes?
Moral of the story:.......son loves mom and dad......but thinks they are wack. ........ :cool:

Forum List

Back