Failed by US Healthcare

You are right. He should do what American Rich people do. "I got mine, Fuck You!"

How dare he insist that average working folks have access to the same medicare care he does!

Calm down, dear.

Yes, I should be totally calm about poor children suffering treatable diseases because they are poor. That's what Jesus would have wanted.

Conservatism, at the end of the day, is an argument for selfishness.

You are right. He should do what American Rich people do. "I got mine, Fuck You!"

How dare he insist that average working folks have access to the same medicare care he does!

Calm down, dear.

Yes, I should be totally calm about poor children suffering treatable diseases because they are poor. That's what Jesus would have wanted.

Conservatism, at the end of the day, is an argument for selfishness.

Have you been to church today?

Mindfully retweeted a nationalistic pap smear with aplomb, Joe considers whether he's been matronized..

Indeed, a Mindful one no less.

You trying to be existential?
We’re All Mindful
We all have the innate ability to be present, composed, and to pause before we overreact to the challenges of our busy lives—and that’s the ground of mindfulness. With some guidance and training, mindfulness can develop into a way of living that brings greater focus and effectiveness as well as kindness and caring into everything we do. Both science and experience demonstrate how being mindful brings positive benefits for our health, happiness, work, and relationships.

Medical tourism occurs for many reasons Mindful
Medical-Tourism-Market-2018-1024x670.jpg

28494649-tourism-infographic-elements-set-with-world-map-travel-destinations-vector-illustration.jpg

~S~

Medical tourism occurs for many reasons Mindful
Medical-Tourism-Market-2018-1024x670.jpg

28494649-tourism-infographic-elements-set-with-world-map-travel-destinations-vector-illustration.jpg

~S~

Not for those Brits it doesn't. Usually a rare condition that only one or two American doctors will undertake.

Medical tourism rocks in Germany where I live. Wealthy Kuwaities coming over for surgery. Where there's a wealth of doctors on hand.

The NHS, for all it's noble aspirations, is financially unsustainable. The emergency room, for instance; people go in there when there's nothing really wrong with them. For instance, brawling drunk Brits on a Saturday night up and down the country.

The $20 co pay just to see the doctor in America, makes me think twice about whether I really need to go.

The NHS, for all it's noble aspirations, is financially unsustainable. The emergency room, for instance; people go in there when there's nothing really wrong with them. For instance, brawling drunk Brits on a Saturday night up and down the country.

The $20 co pay just to see the doctor in America, makes me think twice about whether I really need to go.

And if you are so poor that $20.00 makes you delay until the condition gets a lot worse?

And if you are so poor that $20.00 makes you delay until the condition gets a lot worse?

I don't know.

Make some chicken soup?

Could I get food stamps for a chicken?

Click here to support Help Devin Walk & Conquer Surfer's Myelopathy organized by Jim Morris

The extended family has rallied around Devin and the fight for his recovery is in full swing. We set up this GoFundMe page as a communication platform to ensure we keep all of Devin's family and friends up-to-date on his status, progress and recovery. As you can imagine, the Gildners will incur significant medical bills, additional living expenses and extensive travel costs over the coming months and potentially years. Any donations towards Devin's recovery and his family's needs are greatly appreciated. If you are unable to donate, prayers and good vibes are just as important!

In the developed world this young man would just have to focus on getting well.
Given, how in practice the US government (likely state and federal, though I haven't taken the time to do a meticulous case of their accounting) actually spends taxpayer money, and the fact that people already using service funded in whole or part by taxpayer money (false "public/private" dichotomies be damned), at this point I would have no problem with publicly funded heathcare plans.

Most negative reactions, as per above are just purely emotional reactions, or general resistances to change, and not worthy of serious or rational consideration, by individuals not comfortable with going full "anarchist" and disbanding the services they are already depending on, or even outright advocating government spending in certain areas (Constitutional or philosophical arguments be damned) but not in others, solely for childish or emotional reasons which are laughable at best).

(As far as serious constitutional arguments, in theory it would probably be first in the domain of the individual states, rather than the Federal government, unless the Constitution is amended, however in practice, in regards to how money is actually and currently being spent, the above still applies).

Forum List

Back