FAIL- Electric Car Sales Plunge To 4 Year Lows

How many rate increases have you had from your electric company? Now, how many at the gas pump?

It's all based on supply and demand, bub. Take 25,000,000 gas cars off the road and demand drops, so prices drop.

There are also gov't oversights that prevent the electric companies from gouging you. But stick 25,000,000 more electric cars on the road and suddenly the electricity demand doubles. You better believe your rates will go up.

You obviously need to get your head out of the sand. You look at this stuff through a toilet paper tube. Like you see one thing and you fail to see the big picture. You can't compare gas and electricity rates. Two TOTALLY different determinations of price.

Last edited:
How many rate increases have you had from your electric company? Now, how many at the gas pump?

It's all based on supply and demand, bub. Take 25,000,000 gas cars off the road and demand drops, so prices drop.

There are also gov't oversights that prevent the electric companies from gouging you. But stick 25,000,000 more electric cars on the road and suddenly the electricity demand doubles. You better believe your rates will go up.

You obviously need to get your head out of the sand. You look at this stuff through a toilet paper tube. Like you see one thing and you fail to see the big picture. You can't compare gas and electricity rates. Two TOTALLY different determinations of price.

Relax and spare me the "get you head out of teh sand" nonsense. I have been having a civil discussion while being talked to like I rode the short bus. And what has been used in the arguments against the Tesla is some of the nittiest nonsense I have seen. I cannot remember a thread with more strawman arguments. And all of the tiny faults for not being the best in every category.

There will not be 25 million electric cars added to our roads overnight. But they are coming. It is not a fad, it is the future.

And teh future need for electricity will mean building more hydro-electric and nuclear power plants. And it will mean more windmill farms and solar farms. None of those are the answer alone. All of them are the answer.

No, it's hilarious that you will defend Tesla at every turn, ignore every problem, ignore the numbers, ignore everything. I'll say it again, get your head out of the sand. If a company needs gov't funding and gov't bailouts and gov't subsidies to compete, it's not FREE MARKET ITS GOV'T.

Yes its a fad. The sales numbers are ridiculous. They're 1/10th of 1%. It's a fad, and at 2 dollars a gallon, a fading fad.

To put it into numbers, electrics make up .001% of sales of all vehicles on the road.

Yea, they're sweeping the nation.

Lets face it......the eco-warriors/AGW k00ks are losing big in 2015!!! Green fail.........a beautiful thing.

It is not just a green thing. Not being dependent on foreign oil (or even less dependent) would be a huge positive for us.

100% agree winter........but I don't want to be forced to pay one extra dime for energy based on fake science.

I don't know what "fake science" you are talking about. An EV is pretty real.

Don't like the prices? Don't pay them.

LOL.....if Cap and Trade ever passed, your face would fall off when you opened your electric bill my friend. Just ask our wonderful president. No thanks.

The EV actually is not real. Sales #'s are laughable as can be clearly be seen on the chart I posted 2 pages back. 80,000 units/year is a joke.......not even 1/10th of the number of TRUCKS sold each year!! :eek-52::biggrin::biggrin:Americans just don't want ghey electric cars...........and really, any decent EV is owned by somebody with deep pockets.

Cant help you with the fake science thing my friend.........gonna have to take a gander outside the matrix to understand.:up:

Last edited:
PS....the UN put a price tag on going green = 76 trillion dollars.

Yep......that'd be awesome!! So would wooden phones attached to twine ( see Little Rascals re-runs), living by candlelight, no air conditioning, rental housing only, fireplaces relics of a former era, no more barbeques etc.......etc.........etc!!!:rock::rock::rock: Awesome.

Hmmm.........I want to see the guy who runs on that platform get elected!!!:spinner::spinner::spinner::funnyface:

Last edited:
Another PS..........heres a bit of a dose of reality for all of the PC zombies out there who have automatically embraced the established narrative out there in TV Land.:gay:

Be forewarned though............ALOT of information and scores of links ( and almost 4,000 posts in the thread:ack-1:)

More Proof the skeptics are WINNING Page 395 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

In other words, anybody who thinks we are going to see anything close to a green world in this century is more than just a bit dim witted, as the information in the above link makes very, very clear.

Last edited:
Don't worry I won't. You were no help.

Really? You called "Bullshit" on my comment "Tesla has already shown they can do a complete battery swap faster than you can fill up a regular car.". I showed you a video of a Tesla having a complete battery swap in less time than it takes to fill up a car. Looks like an education to me.
Time is not the only benchmark you Millennial loser. Their cars are not cheaper. Their batteries are not cheaper. How about you folks who don't live in the real world go ahead and actually buy this shit instead of telling us too and let us know how it works for you?

Hey Politico..........you wanna laugh?

I just bought a new car a couple of months ago.....Focus ST with eco-boost engine..........and just ordered a new license plate...............

ECO - FAIL

Not to mention 25,000,000 Electric cars all Plugged in to our 100 plus year old electric grid at night, Doubt if it could handle the load...
But it wouldnt be bad for wind power because most wind happens at night and right now demand is low (also for those not informed most wind power is wasted/lost, its not stored in some huge battery for day use)

Yes its a fad. The sales numbers are ridiculous. They're 1/10th of 1%. It's a fad, and at 2 dollars a gallon, a fading fad.

Absolutely not a fad. And if the reason for you thinking its a fad is that gas is $2 a gallon, you should know better.

Apparently reading comprehension isn't your strong point. I said its a fad BECAUSE OF THE SALES NUMBERS OF 1/10TH OF 1% OF THE MARKET. Not because of the gas prices, moron.

Don't worry I won't. You were no help.

Really? You called "Bullshit" on my comment "Tesla has already shown they can do a complete battery swap faster than you can fill up a regular car.". I showed you a video of a Tesla having a complete battery swap in less time than it takes to fill up a car. Looks like an education to me.
Time is not the only benchmark you Millennial loser. Their cars are not cheaper. Their batteries are not cheaper. How about you folks who don't live in the real world go ahead and actually buy this shit instead of telling us too and let us know how it works for you?

Hey Nimrod, please point out anywhere I have claimed the cars are cheaper? Or that the batteries are cheaper? I haven't. But I guess when you call bullshit on a very simple statement, and get shown it is accurate, you want to be able to come up with something to make the butthurt feel better.

I could give a shit whether you buy an EV or not. I am simply pointing out the pluses and counter the various ridiculous claims of those who, for some reason, seem to hate them.

Not to mention 25,000,000 Electric cars all Plugged in to our 100 plus year old electric grid at night, Doubt if it could handle the load...
But it wouldnt be bad for wind power because most wind happens at night and right now demand is low (also for those not informed most wind power is wasted/lost, its not stored in some huge battery for day use)

As I said before, there will not be a magic wand waved and 25 million EVs are suddenly on the roads. And yes, our electrical grid needs to be updated and expanded. But then, it is already in need of updates and expansions.

Here, let me just repost what I said previously.

"There will not be 25 million electric cars added to our roads overnight. But they are coming. It is not a fad, it is the future.

And teh future need for electricity will mean building more hydro-electric and nuclear power plants. And it will mean more windmill farms and solar farms. None of those are the answer alone. All of them are the answer."

Absolutely not a fad. And if the reason for you thinking its a fad is that gas is $2 a gallon, you should know better.

Apparently reading comprehension isn't your strong point. I said its a fad BECAUSE OF THE SALES NUMBERS OF 1/10TH OF 1% OF THE MARKET. Not because of the gas prices, moron.

A fad. lol Right.

As I said before, there will not be a magic wand waved and 25 million EVs are suddenly on the roads. And yes, our electrical grid needs to be updated and expanded. But then, it is already in need of updates and expansions.

Here, let me just repost what I said previously.

"There will not be 25 million electric cars added to our roads overnight. But they are coming. It is not a fad, it is the future.

And teh future need for electricity will building more hydro-electric and nuclear power plants. And it will mean more windmill farms and solar farms. None of those are the answer alone. All of them are the answer."
You do the US Government got out of the damn building Business?Hey like I said before I wouldn't mind a telsa as a third car, but my worry is always about the battery shelf life and it seems to me to be more practical if people just rent them,instead of charging them at a garage just switches them, like a Nascar battery can be switched in matter of seconds. ( I know it's small compared to a electric car battery pack, but at a job I Had 20 years ago, thats what we used to do with electric fork lifts.

But in the end I would still perfer hydrogen cars, way more advancement in the past 20 years compared to battery cars

Speaking of battery powered motors, I was seriously thinking about buying a battery lawn mower, it was only $400 bucks at Lowes, I almost bought it but I have a half and acre a I didn't think it would cut the entire thing on one charge, so bought another gas powered one

Forum List

Back