Facts that Should End Some Political Debate.

I am self employed, my major skills are masonry and electical in the construction field.
Business is great this year and was good last year.
I am not having a recession.
Is it from the government? I don't know cause all my funds come from private individuals.
I have again lowered my prices to get work and I drive as much as 150 miles a day to work.
Now tell me how this liberal lost an argument with someone that is a prima donna on hyperbole?

Last edited:
I don't see the oil companies building bridges and paved roads.

Civil engineers build bridges and roads from taxpayer dollars ie oil companies, employees etc. Oil companies explore, develop, and drill.

I was getting to that point, ty Dorothy. Don't you just love how in the movie when they said her name it sounded like they were from Maine, not Kansas

I don't see the oil companies building bridges and paved roads.

Then you should pull your pants up and look around..

Conoco Phillips wants to build a road bridge and pipeline over the river to connect to the nearby Alpine development, which sits just outside the NPR. But the Army Corps of Engineers rejected the plan telling, the oil company it had to go under the river.

Interior Department Secretary Ken Salazar supports the Corps' decision.

"It has to be done the right way in the right place in making sure we’re taking into account environmental protections," Salazar said.

Conoco Phillips said piping below the river is too expensive and risky. In its application, the company argued the oil coming out of the NPR would be a mix of oil, gas and water which poses a greater threat of corrosion. If pipes are underground, they're harder to monitor if a problem arises.

Read more: Energy in America: No Bridge to Oil | Fox News

Happens all the time silly little cartoon guy...

An oil line bridge, well it's not for public use.
Need some help moving the goalposts?

And the bridge would be for traffic, too. You can tell because it said "Conoco Phillips wants to build a road bridge and pipeline over the river..."

Who is subsidizing whom? | ExxonMobil's Perspectives Blog

In its lead editorial yesterday, The Wall Street Journal took a hard look into the Obama administration’s campaign to end so-called “subsidies for Big Oil.” The paper’s conclusion turns the administration’s claims on its head: “The truth is that this industry is subsidizing the government.”

This is the flip side of the coin that few realize – the oil and natural gas industry is an enormous source of revenue for the U.S. government. In fact, the industry pays the federal government approximately $86 million a day – or about $31 billion a year – in rents, royalties, bonuses and corporate taxes. That doesn’t even include the payments made at the local and state levels.

At times, the industry is actually sending more to local, state and federal governments in taxes and fees than what it earns in the United States. According to the Journal:

“Not paying their ‘fair share’? Here’s a staggering fact: The Tax Foundation estimates that, between 1981 and 2008, oil and gas companies sent more dollars to Washington and the state capitols than they earned in profits for shareholders.”

And, keep in mind, the taxes the oil and gas industry pays are only part of a much larger contribution to the U.S. economy. Our industry and the activities that support it accounted for more than $1 trillion of the U.S. economy in 2009, or about 7.7 percent of U.S. gross domestic product, according to a recent study. The industry contributes an estimated $470 billion a year in spending, wages and dividends alone.

So what about those “subsidies” that oil and gas companies supposedly get?

“These aren’t direct cash handouts like those that go to the green lobby,” the Journal says. “They’re deductions from taxes that cover the cost of doing business and earning income to tax in the first place. Most of them are available to other manufacturers.”​

Well, well, looky there: The left has been lying. Again.

Then you should pull your pants up and look around..

Happens all the time silly little cartoon guy...

And the bridge would be for traffic, too. You can tell because it said "Conoco Phillips wants to build a road bridge and pipeline over the river..."

As all thing that oilies built it is for their use only.
Look at Michigan. The oilies from Cnanda need a new bridge to haul all that crude into the US. Well the canadians and the state of michigan agrreed to build a bridge.
the Canadians are going to loan michigan the money and they will repay it through tolls on the new bridge.
Where is the oilies not getting help from the government?

I have no problem with govt and business working together to increase efficeincy. I love it. It is great. It allows all the taxpayers to use the new bridge also.

Last edited:

In its lead editorial yesterday, The Wall Street Journal took a hard look into the Obama administration’s campaign to end so-called “subsidies for Big Oil.” The paper’s conclusion turns the administration’s claims on its head: “The truth is that this industry is subsidizing the government.”

This is the flip side of the coin that few realize – the oil and natural gas industry is an enormous source of revenue for the U.S. government. In fact, the industry pays the federal government approximately $86 million a day – or about $31 billion a year – in rents, royalties, bonuses and corporate taxes. That doesn’t even include the payments made at the local and state levels.

At times, the industry is actually sending more to local, state and federal governments in taxes and fees than what it earns in the United States. According to the Journal:

“Not paying their ‘fair share’? Here’s a staggering fact: The Tax Foundation estimates that, between 1981 and 2008, oil and gas companies sent more dollars to Washington and the state capitols than they earned in profits for shareholders.”

And, keep in mind, the taxes the oil and gas industry pays are only part of a much larger contribution to the U.S. economy. Our industry and the activities that support it accounted for more than $1 trillion of the U.S. economy in 2009, or about 7.7 percent of U.S. gross domestic product, according to a recent study. The industry contributes an estimated $470 billion a year in spending, wages and dividends alone.

“These aren’t direct cash handouts like those that go to the green lobby,” the Journal says. “They’re deductions from taxes that cover the cost of doing business and earning income to tax in the first place. Most of them are available to other manufacturers.”​

I should hope they pay in more than they get, they earn billions.
Does not stop them from taking tax breaks which greatly reduce their tax burden, even I use the same forms.
If the oil companies loose their 60 billion in tax write offs so will I and I don't want that.

You realize the government gets more per gallon of gas than the oil companies, right??

I have a friend that lives in ND, he bought a 900 sf, 100 year old house for $200,000.00. He got in before the prices actually went through the roof. Yea it has an unfinished basement.

Last edited:
Parts of North Dakota have become boom towns. What is the history for people and places with this boom town phenomena? The environment before government regulation catches up?

We all know the tales of wealth and riches .. the streets of America are paved with gold.

reality check

Now we're back to the anti-growth, sustainability crap that leftists USED to moan about before our economy got humbled.

Can't have McDonald's paying $10/hour.. That's not sustainable!!

Who CARES in a recession eh? Do you STILL have your shovel ready job from the BOOM that govt created?

What you're REALLY pissed about is that you are not DRIVING this economic boom. That Govt is going to be WELL BEHIND the power curve to COMMAND it and CONTROL it.

Therefore --- it's all bad.

Point is --- lack of infrastructure, lack of Service jobs, lack of Govt "help", NEVER stops true entreprenuership or innovation.. If I was you -- I WOULD be pissed to lose that argument.

The Railroads had to be built before the West got innovated.

get a life

Parts of North Dakota have become boom towns. What is the history for people and places with this boom town phenomena? The environment before government regulation catches up?

We all know the tales of wealth and riches .. the streets of America are paved with gold.

reality check

Now we're back to the anti-growth, sustainability crap that leftists USED to moan about before our economy got humbled.

Who CARES in a recession eh? Do you STILL have your shovel ready job from the BOOM that govt created?

What you're REALLY pissed about is that you are not DRIVING this economic boom. That Govt is going to be WELL BEHIND the power curve to COMMAND it and CONTROL it.

Point is --- lack of infrastructure, lack of Service jobs, lack of Govt "help", NEVER stops true entreprenuership or innovation.. If I was you -- I WOULD be pissed to lose that argument.

get a life

Oh come on, are you saying no one lived out West, there were no jobs and no houses until the railroad was built?? Stop, you're killing me with this stupid crap!! :eusa_hand:

reality check

get a life

Bass - Ackwards my history and logic challenged bud..

The railroads got built BECAUSE entreprenuers came in to DISCOVER and BUILD enterprises like mining, farming, and forestry in the West.. No risk-taking capitalist pioneers -- no need for a railroad.

this is a circle jerk thread.

seriously.

circle jerk

fucking stupid.

why bother?

get out while you can. there are far better threads around

Take your own advice.. OMG. There's a fresh Bush Bashing thread that you're missing right now... HURRY !!!!

This is called actual supporting evidence. It's supposed to accompany EVERY political theory and assertion.. No wonder you think it's stupid.. Your best shot was a creepy Hello Kitty site alledging that North Dakota "doesn't exist".

Wow...still no link of Oil companies building roads and bridges? Guess it doesnt happen all the time as previously stated.

Look at Michigan. The oilies from Cnanda need a new bridge to haul all that crude into the US. Well the canadians and the state of michigan agrreed to build a bridge.
the Canadians are going to loan michigan the money and they will repay it through tolls on the new bridge.

I have no problem with govt and business working together to increase efficeincy. I love it. It is great. It allows all the taxpayers to use the new bridge also.
In protest, you should stop driving, and stop using products made of plastic.

I should hope they pay in more than they get, they earn billions.
Does not stop them from taking tax breaks which greatly reduce their tax burden, even I use the same forms.
If the oil companies loose their 60 billion in tax write offs so will I and I don't want that.
Do you admit Obama and the left are lying about the "subsidized" oil industry?

In protest, you should stop driving, and stop using products made of plastic.

Shit? HE should agree to have his electric turned off.

POINT of KNOW return...:eusa_whistle:

The current debate about the contribution of Government to job creation and business success spurred on by Obama's recent remarks about "who built that" - has an existing real world experiment to check the assertions that have been made. This experiment also vividly demonstrates that "Service Jobs" are a RESPONSE to creation of NEW goods, products and concepts. Neither INFRASTRUCTURE or Service Jobs is a PRE-REQUISITE for growing an economy..

Where's the experiment? North Dakota..

Oil boom severely straining North Dakota economy | Minnesota Public Radio News

Moorhead, Minn. — A record amount of oil is flowing out of
western North Dakota, and unprecedented money is flowing into
the state.

The state starts the new year with a budget surplus of $800
million and growing. Income per person in North Dakota is now
above the U.S. average for the first time since the 1970s.
He said oil towns like Williston are growing beyond anyone's
expectations.

"We could talk about triple-digit growth in retail sales in some
quarters," Flynn said. "It's incredible the level of growth that
they have been seeing in the last couple of years. I don't think
anybody would have necessarily predicted it."

How did this happen WITHOUT ALL THOSE CONTRIBUTIONS the Prez was raving about? In fact -- it happened CONTRARY to everything he's tried to do with pipelines, and fossil fuels and pushing the greenest of econaut agendas.

I drew this example for the OP section because of course Public Radio just HAS to piss over this extraordinary economic boom with their own observations about the "STRAIN" it puts on govt (like an $800mill surplus -- :D) and the service sector.

Flynn said that rapid growth has the thrown the economy out of
equilibrium. He said high demand combined with a serious
shortage of workers is putting a lot of pressure on businesses.
"McDonald's is paying $10, $12, $15 an hour. Mall food courts
can't open until 3 or 4 o'clock in the afternoon when high
school students get out of class," he said. "You're seeing a
real issue with labor supply in western North Dakota."

The state allocated nearly $1 billion for infrastructure, like
roads damaged by heavy energy-related truck traffic. Counties
struggle to find enough workers to build or repair roads because
they can't compete with the paychecks workers earn in the oil
field.

Hey Public Radio --- It's A PROBLEM that McDonald's is paying $10/hour??

It's a PROBLEM that youth are FULLY EMPLOYED?
Leftists are silly aren't they?

It will be YEARS before govt gets it's pants on in North Dakota to catch up with reality.. We all know that. So why debate it anymore?
:cool:

If we didn't have a public highway systems we wouldn't need North Dakota's oil, because no one would drive.

Forum List

Back