Facts that Should End Some Political Debate.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
The current debate about the contribution of Government to job creation and business success spurred on by Obama's recent remarks about "who built that" - has an existing real world experiment to check the assertions that have been made. This experiment also vividly demonstrates that "Service Jobs" are a RESPONSE to creation of NEW goods, products and concepts. Neither INFRASTRUCTURE or Service Jobs is a PRE-REQUISITE for growing an economy..

Where's the experiment? North Dakota..

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2012/01/02/north-dakota-oil-economy/

Moorhead, Minn. — A record amount of oil is flowing out of
western North Dakota, and unprecedented money is flowing into
the state.

The state starts the new year with a budget surplus of $800
million and growing. Income per person in North Dakota is now
above the U.S. average for the first time since the 1970s.
He said oil towns like Williston are growing beyond anyone's
expectations.

"We could talk about triple-digit growth in retail sales in some
quarters," Flynn said. "It's incredible the level of growth that
they have been seeing in the last couple of years. I don't think
anybody would have necessarily predicted it."

How did this happen WITHOUT ALL THOSE CONTRIBUTIONS the Prez was raving about? In fact -- it happened CONTRARY to everything he's tried to do with pipelines, and fossil fuels and pushing the greenest of econaut agendas.

I drew this example for the OP section because of course Public Radio just HAS to piss over this extraordinary economic boom with their own observations about the "STRAIN" it puts on govt (like an $800mill surplus -- :D) and the service sector.

Flynn said that rapid growth has the thrown the economy out of
equilibrium. He said high demand combined with a serious
shortage of workers is putting a lot of pressure on businesses.
"McDonald's is paying $10, $12, $15 an hour. Mall food courts
can't open until 3 or 4 o'clock in the afternoon when high
school students get out of class," he said. "You're seeing a
real issue with labor supply in western North Dakota."

The state allocated nearly $1 billion for infrastructure, like
roads damaged by heavy energy-related truck traffic. Counties
struggle to find enough workers to build or repair roads because
they can't compete with the paychecks workers earn in the oil
field.

Hey Public Radio --- It's A PROBLEM that McDonald's is paying $10/hour??

It's a PROBLEM that youth are FULLY EMPLOYED?
Leftists are silly aren't they?

It will be YEARS before govt gets it's pants on in North Dakota to catch up with reality.. We all know that. So why debate it anymore?
:cool:

Last edited:
Right cause North Dakota has no roads or bridges and I understand that you cannot access the internet from there either. No infrastruture built by the anyone at all. All those rigs just forged through the great plains to set up. No to mention the drilling technology is the accumulation of many decades of work by others.

The Democrats are genetically unable to understand how anything gets done in this country without a welfare caseworker and an aid from social services standing in back of the person propping him up Remember Obamie's cartoon Julia?.

Right cause North Dakota has no roads or bridges and I understand that you cannot access the internet from there either. No infrastruture built by the anyone at all. All those rigs just forged through the great plains to set up. No to mention the drilling technology is the accumulation of many decades of work by others.

No lack of a road has EVER undermined a determined investor. And according to the NPR affiliate -- it's causing DRAMATIC backlogs for the govt to KEEP UP with the requirements (both infrastructure and regulation) that Obama and You think exist to make this happen..

The FACT is --- Govt will LAG BEHIND in providing regulation and infrastructure for this boom. They DID NOT create it... They have done MUCH to discourage drilling and fracking from happening.

The Question of "who built that" can be pretty decided by observing this event. NOTHING needs to happen before investment and innovation comes into play..

Last edited:

Excellent stretch. You didn't pull anything did you?

I luv the part about govt "not being able to compete for scarce workers" excuse..

THat's just precious.. Govt doesn't want to pay PREVAILING WAGES for labor?

Cheap-ass bastards.. McDonald's will do it...

the big bang theory. It was a huge explosion and when the dust settled roads and bridges were there. God said "This is good" then left North Dakota

I don't see the oil companies building bridges and paved roads.

Then you should pull your pants up and look around..

Conoco Phillips wants to build a road bridge and pipeline over the river to connect to the nearby Alpine development, which sits just outside the NPR. But the Army Corps of Engineers rejected the plan telling, the oil company it had to go under the river.

Interior Department Secretary Ken Salazar supports the Corps' decision.

"It has to be done the right way in the right place in making sure we’re taking into account environmental protections," Salazar said.

Conoco Phillips said piping below the river is too expensive and risky. In its application, the company argued the oil coming out of the NPR would be a mix of oil, gas and water which poses a greater threat of corrosion. If pipes are underground, they're harder to monitor if a problem arises.

Read more: Energy in America: No Bridge to Oil | Fox News

Happens all the time silly little cartoon guy...

Conoco Phillips wants to build a road bridge and pipeline over the river to connect to the nearby Alpine development, which sits just outside the NPR. But the Army Corps of Engineers rejected the plan telling, the oil company it had to go under the river.

"It has to be done the right way in the right place in making sure we’re taking into account environmental protections," Salazar said.

Conoco Phillips said piping below the river is too expensive and risky. In its application, the company argued the oil coming out of the NPR would be a mix of oil, gas and water which poses a greater threat of corrosion. If pipes are underground, they're harder to monitor if a problem arises.

Except from your link, it didnt happen

Of course not because the GOVT PREVENTED THEM. And I have to add -- on very wrong pretenses. Conoco had a MUCH BETTER SOLUTION than the Corps of Engineers.

But they WOULD have. And it DOES happen all the time. MILES AND MILES of road access and bridges and airstrips..

Of course not because the GOVT PREVENTED THEM. And I have to add -- on very wrong pretenses. Conoco had a MUCH BETTER SOLUTION than the Corps of Engineers.

But they WOULD have. And it DOES happen all the time. MILES AND MILES of road access and bridges and airstrips..

I find it curious you say it happens all the time then post a link that shows it didnt happen.

An oil line bridge, well it's not for public use.

Parts of North Dakota have become boom towns. What is the history for people and places with this boom town phenomena? The environment before government regulation catches up?

We all know the tales of wealth and riches .. the streets of America are paved with gold.

reality check

tumblr_m7fg2eYsBf1rbxfido1_400.jpg

Parts of North Dakota have become boom towns. What is the history for people and places with this boom town phenomena? The environment before government regulation catches up?

We all know the tales of wealth and riches .. the streets of America are paved with gold.

reality check

Now we're back to the anti-growth, sustainability crap that leftists USED to moan about before our economy got humbled.

Can't have McDonald's paying $10/hour.. That's not sustainable!!

Who CARES in a recession eh? Do you STILL have your shovel ready job from the BOOM that govt created?

What you're REALLY pissed about is that you are not DRIVING this economic boom. That Govt is going to be WELL BEHIND the power curve to COMMAND it and CONTROL it.

Therefore --- it's all bad.

Point is --- lack of infrastructure, lack of Service jobs, lack of Govt "help", NEVER stops true entreprenuership or innovation.. If I was you -- I WOULD be pissed to lose that argument.

Forum List

Back