Facts about an Obamacare repeal - Things the average citizen doesn't know

I resist the term "progressive" as much as the term "conservative" these days to describe righties and lefties in this country.

Progressive implies change, and the liberal mentality has been prevalent since 1970, so it's the people who call themselves conservatives that are actually trying to change that.

The first Elephant in the room, IMO, is the fact that the GOP is viewed as the party of white people, and the DNC is viewed as the party of everybody else. Almost all the polls done on this validate my statement.

Politicians have a low approval rating because the median income in the US is flat. Whoever is in charge will get the blame.

Economists predicted in 2007 that the recession and unemployment wouldn't get better till 2016, but they left out the fact that the jobs that come back will be McJobs.

The second Elephant in the room is that American workers in general are lazy and entitled compared to their foreign counterparts, and politicians that point that out, or talk about ways to remedy that, will not get elected. The politician who lies and says he'll create jobs for you, will get elected. The people who create jobs are people like Bill Gates, not Barak Obama.

I'm way off topic now...but I see the writing on the wall, IMO, Obamacare will neither destroy nor remedy our cost prohibitive healthcare system. The impending access to healthcare crisis will eventually result in a government healthcare system. I can't imagine any way to avoid it, even though I'm not in favor of it.

No, the term Progressive is perfect for these people. The term accurately shows that their approach is one like a frog being slowly cooked in a hot pot of water. Put the frog in a scolding hot pot and it jumps out, but put him in a warm pot and slowly turn up the heat and he cooks.

Just imagine what the response of Americans would have been 100 years ago to Obamacare. Hell, FDR could barely convince people to embrace Social Security.

As the standard of living slowly goes South, as well as jobs, the frog is transfixed on such partisan issues as racial injustices and gay sex.
Racial issues and gay sex do not affect the economy. They are losing social issues that come back to bite the GOP when they address them.

It's not 1940, and it's not 1780.

When did any Republican come out in favor of racism or shooting black people?
I didn't say Republicans have come out in favor of racism or shooting black people, you did.

I said racial issues and gay sex do not affect the economy

You said the come back to bite the GOP. How could that possibly be true if the GOP isn't in favor of racism? Democrats are going to accuse Republicans of racism because that's the only thing they've got. It doesn't matter what the Republicans say or do.
I said racism is losing social issue that come back to bite the GOP when they address them. That is because lefties have done a fantastic job of painting Republicans as racists. Republicans oppose social programs that cause lefties, justified or not, to feel attacked, and less likely to understand why Republicans oppose social programs that help minorities.

No, the term Progressive is perfect for these people. The term accurately shows that their approach is one like a frog being slowly cooked in a hot pot of water. Put the frog in a scolding hot pot and it jumps out, but put him in a warm pot and slowly turn up the heat and he cooks.

Just imagine what the response of Americans would have been 100 years ago to Obamacare. Hell, FDR could barely convince people to embrace Social Security.

As the standard of living slowly goes South, as well as jobs, the frog is transfixed on such partisan issues as racial injustices and gay sex.
Racial issues and gay sex do not affect the economy. They are losing social issues that come back to bite the GOP when they address them.

I didn't say Republicans have come out in favor of racism or shooting black people, you did.

You said the come back to bite the GOP. How could that possibly be true if the GOP isn't in favor of racism? Democrats are going to accuse Republicans of racism because that's the only thing they've got. It doesn't matter what the Republicans say or do.
I said racism is losing social issue that come back to bite the GOP when they address them. That is because lefties have done a fantastic job of painting Republicans as racists. Republicans oppose social programs that cause lefties, justified or not, to feel attacked, and less likely to understand why Republicans oppose social programs that help minorities.

Since Republicans don't support racism, of what significance is that? Why even bring it up unless you believe Republicans are racists?

Apparently you believe the way for Republicans to advance their agenda is for them to support the Democrat agenda. Does that about sum it up?

I can't be hard to find such people. Stormfront's full of them.

You're an idiot.
He's right. Stormfront is jam packed with filthy toothless trailer trash losers that would love to see black people shot just for being black

Lot's of them are Democrats.
I don't believe that, not now in 2014.

Stormfront is simply the KKK. Democrats in 1870 started the KKK. Democrats in the south started the Jim Crowe era. Democrats in the south were segregationists. The Democratic Party changed from 1950-1980, and now there are no Democratic governors in the south. The children of all those KKK. Jim Crowe, Segregationist, and neo confederate filth, are in the Republican Party now, and identify as evangelicals and Tea Partiers.

I'M NOT SAYING ALL REPUBLICANS AND PEOPLE WHO IDENTIFY AS CONSERVATIVES ARE RACIST. But the vast majority of white racists are either GOP, or to the right of the GOP

Since Republicans don't support racism, of what significance is that? Why even bring it up unless you believe Republicans are racists?

Apparently you believe the way for Republicans to advance their agenda is for them to support the Democrat agenda. Does that about sum it up?
I don't even know where to begin unwinding that, so I won' try, see my post previous to this one

You're an idiot.
He's right. Stormfront is jam packed with filthy toothless trailer trash losers that would love to see black people shot just for being black

Stormfront is simply the KKK. Democrats in 1870 started the KKK. Democrats in the south started the Jim Crowe era. Democrats in the south were segregationists. The Democratic Party changed from 1950-1980, and now there are no Democratic governors in the south. The children of all those KKK. Jim Crowe, Segregationist, and neo confederate filth, are in the Republican Party now, and identify as evangelicals and Tea Partiers.

I'M NOT SAYING ALL REPUBLICANS AND PEOPLE WHO IDENTIFY AS CONSERVATIVES ARE RACIST. But the vast majority of white racists are either GOP, or to the right of the GOP

Stormfront is far more than the KKK, it's international. All the Far Right groups are probably represented on there, the likes of former BNP leader (UK party) Nick Griffin was friends with these guys, Zvboda in the Ukraine was probably on there, the Norwegian killer (whatever his name was) probably frequented this site. This is international. You can see it, they're tactics are quite similar in all the different countries, their use of language is similar (ie saying things to mean something else so people don't think they're racists) and so on.

But yes, most racists and fascists are going to vote Republican.

Jeb Bush formally forms exploratory committee for 2016 Presidential run - Stormfront

Though they don't seem impressed with Jeb Bush, making out he's a Jew.

One guy says "
I hear that the Republican governor of Texas, Rick Perry, may run for
president in 2016 too. He is flawed but I would prefer him to Jeb Bush.

"

"
Rick Perry? The guy who supports in-state tuition for illegals?"

Another doesn't.

Basically anyone the Republicans choose will be too left wing for anyone on this site. They choose the Republican Party because they hate the Democrats more. One made a comment about Nationalist Parties in Europe making it more interesting.

You're an idiot.

Stormfront is far more than the KKK, it's international. All the Far Right groups are probably represented on there, the likes of former BNP leader (UK party) Nick Griffin was friends with these guys, Zvboda in the Ukraine was probably on there, the Norwegian killer (whatever his name was) probably frequented this site. This is international. You can see it, they're tactics are quite similar in all the different countries, their use of language is similar (ie saying things to mean something else so people don't think they're racists) and so on.

Jeb Bush formally forms exploratory committee for 2016 Presidential run - Stormfront

One guy says "

"

"

Another doesn't.

Basically anyone the Republicans choose will be too left wing for anyone on this site. They choose the Republican Party because they hate the Democrats more. One made a comment about Nationalist Parties in Europe making it more interesting.

In other words, any attempt to characterize them as right wingers in the American sense of Republicans is utterly ridiculous.

In other words, any attempt to characterize them as right wingers in the American sense of Republicans is utterly ridiculous.

Well, the non-American ones I doubt has much at all to do with your argument anyway.

The American ones, I don't know. I'm not really sure what the point of all this actually is. Grouping people and then attacking the group seems rather senseless to me no matter what. Attack the ideas, fine. Attack the people, why?

Well, the non-American ones I doubt has much at all to do with your argument anyway.

The American ones, I don't know. I'm not really sure what the point of all this actually is. Grouping people and then attacking the group seems rather senseless to me no matter what. Attack the ideas, fine. Attack the people, why?

The reason you attack the people is because your ideas suck. That's why liberals are so fond of calling their critics "racists."

The reason you attack the people is because your ideas suck. That's why liberals are so fond of calling their critics "racists."

Er.... who have I attacked exactly?

Most of the attacking I see comes from the right, mainly because I generally talk with those on the right because they have views that are different to mine, and generally it ends in them calling me, oh, I don't know "an idiot", sound FAMILIAR to you?

But yes, I'd have to say anyone just attacking someone probably has a very, VERY poor argument. Sound familiar to you?

I call racists "racists". Those who aren't, I don't. Stormfront seems to have a lot of them.

You're an idiot.

One guy says "

"

"

Another doesn't.

KKK types are certainly further from the Democratic Party than the Republican Party.

The Democratic Party has idiotic groups closer to them than the Republicans, like the NBPP, or The Nation of Islam

KKK types are certainly further from the Democratic Party than the Republican Party.

The Democratic Party has idiotic groups closer to them than the Republicans, like the NBPP, or The Nation of Islam

Yeah, you get hangers on all over the place. Communists will tend to go to the left wing party and Nazis to the right wing party.

It can't be repealed until 2017 when the next GOP President is sworn in. Plus, we need 60 votes in the senate and only have 56. It's an ideological fight not a real one yet, because we still don't have the power. Also, any Right winger in the GOP like Paul Ryan or an extremeists like Bachmann if they say they can they are trying to control your mind to make you think they can for political reasons and even they know nothing can be done till 2016.
Anybody that tells you what I have said above should run for President because it's honesty and the truth. Calling a spade a spade and they aren't caught up in the washington machine.

From,

John Kasich,

"Kasich doesn't think the Affordable Care Act will be repealed, even if Republicans win a Senate majority and consolidate their hold on the House in next month's election. "That's not gonna happen," Kasich told The Associated Press during a recent re-election campaign swing. "The opposition to it was really either political or ideological," the Republican governor added. "I don't think that holds water against real flesh and blood, and real improvements in people's lives."

Bingo! Fact and honesty that you wont find in Washington. I put it in perspective for all of you guys above. It's not just the left that is playing games with you all. It's the right as well. They each have their own agendas and can't be direct in saying what it is.

Example - Defunding Obama care - Ok, let's say they do that. That means everybody on it will lose their coverage and insurance rates will spike even higher, and what will the GOP replace it with? They haven't even been vocal about a plan they just say repeal it. Even if they had a plan it wouldn't matter because they know and we know Obama will veto anything short of a public option. Full take over. He's proven that. So let's say Obama vetos it. Now the libs have something to run on in 2016 because the GOP fucked everything up by defunding Obamacare and won't work with Obama to replace something that needs immedate replacement.

This is political suicide and will costs us 2016. Miss Hilary WILL be president, and all those GOP gains were for nothing.

Bottom line - Don't listen to Levin, Hannity, Rush, Bachmann, Paul, Rubio, or anybody else that says repeal Obamacare because they can't do it and replace it yet.

I happen to agree, Obamacare will not be repealed.

The GOP is essentially useless. All they do is run against things, like Obamacare, but have no intention of ever doing anything about it.

Those that listen to Levin, Rush, etc., need to abandon the GOP altogether. Let Progressives destroy the country under the Dim label instead of falsely labeling people like Bush a conservative.
Your not that smart are you? The supremes will crash obama in july, watch

Thanks to the Supreme Court "conservative" justice Roberts, Obamacare is now the law of the land.

Now who is not smart again? SCOTUS is Obama's rubber stamp of approval. He owns them.
?

SCOTUS has shot down more cases from Obama than any other president in recent history if I am not mistaken. This court is FAR from a 'rubber' stamp. Like it or not, Obamacare fits in with the current interpretation of the constitution that seems to allow the government to write you a check if you have to many kids or buy the right water heater. This is simply an extension if the exact same idea.

They will likely rule against the subsidies as it is written in the law in that manner and then congress will plug the hole, Obama will sign it, the media will have a hayday in between all the rhetoric and everything will press on as it is now.

Republicans have no option but to fix the subsidy hole. If they do not, there wont be a republican left in office come 2016 that was up for reelection.

It can't be repealed until 2017 when the next GOP President is sworn in. Plus, we need 60 votes in the senate and only have 56. It's an ideological fight not a real one yet, because we still don't have the power. Also, any Right winger in the GOP like Paul Ryan or an extremeists like Bachmann if they say they can they are trying to control your mind to make you think they can for political reasons and even they know nothing can be done till 2016.
Anybody that tells you what I have said above should run for President because it's honesty and the truth. Calling a spade a spade and they aren't caught up in the washington machine.

From,

John Kasich,

"Kasich doesn't think the Affordable Care Act will be repealed, even if Republicans win a Senate majority and consolidate their hold on the House in next month's election. "That's not gonna happen," Kasich told The Associated Press during a recent re-election campaign swing. "The opposition to it was really either political or ideological," the Republican governor added. "I don't think that holds water against real flesh and blood, and real improvements in people's lives."

Bingo! Fact and honesty that you wont find in Washington. I put it in perspective for all of you guys above. It's not just the left that is playing games with you all. It's the right as well. They each have their own agendas and can't be direct in saying what it is.

Example - Defunding Obama care - Ok, let's say they do that. That means everybody on it will lose their coverage and insurance rates will spike even higher, and what will the GOP replace it with? They haven't even been vocal about a plan they just say repeal it. Even if they had a plan it wouldn't matter because they know and we know Obama will veto anything short of a public option. Full take over. He's proven that. So let's say Obama vetos it. Now the libs have something to run on in 2016 because the GOP fucked everything up by defunding Obamacare and won't work with Obama to replace something that needs immedate replacement.

This is political suicide and will costs us 2016. Miss Hilary WILL be president, and all those GOP gains were for nothing.

Bottom line - Don't listen to Levin, Hannity, Rush, Bachmann, Paul, Rubio, or anybody else that says repeal Obamacare because they can't do it and replace it yet.

The GOP is essentially useless. All they do is run against things, like Obamacare, but have no intention of ever doing anything about it.

Those that listen to Levin, Rush, etc., need to abandon the GOP altogether. Let Progressives destroy the country under the Dim label instead of falsely labeling people like Bush a conservative.

Thanks to the Supreme Court "conservative" justice Roberts, Obamacare is now the law of the land.

Now who is not smart again? SCOTUS is Obama's rubber stamp of approval. He owns them.
?

SCOTUS has shot down more cases from Obama than any other president in recent history if I am not mistaken. This court is FAR from a 'rubber' stamp. Like it or not, Obamacare fits in with the current interpretation of the constitution that seems to allow the government to write you a check if you have to many kids or buy the right water heater. This is simply an extension if the exact same idea.

They will likely rule against the subsidies as it is written in the law in that manner and then congress will plug the hole, Obama will sign it, the media will have a hayday in between all the rhetoric and everything will press on as it is now.

Republicans have no option but to fix the subsidy hole. If they do not, there wont be a republican left in office come 2016 that was up for reelection.
Name them

From,

John Kasich,

?

There's a huge difference between defunding the entire obamacare and the Supremem court ruling against subsidy's . Congress will just throw money at it in the short term till 2016. They wont fix it.

The Republicans in Congress won't undermine ACA in any significant way because they will benefit from it every bit as much as Democrats.

Democrats are running like hell from ACA, which cost them majorities. Watch for Dems and the GOP to team up for 2/3 votes to over ride veto.
Obamacare will either be repealed or seriously amended in the next 2 years.

Your will become your nightmare.

Last edited:
It can't be repealed until 2017 when the next GOP President is sworn in.

I wouldn't count on that. At this point it's already becoming clear that it's working. We're seeing things in the health system that have never been seen before.

Things like the lowest uninsurance rate ever (even before counting the ~2 million additional Medicaid enrollments since last summer, the millions more that have already signed up for private exchange coverage beginning January 1 of next year, the millions more that will by mid-February, and the millions more than that who will have signed up for coverage by the start of 2017, two additional open enrollments from now):

B5VK99QIEAEy_i1.jpg:large

We just saw the lowest health care spending growth ever recorded.

healthgraph.jpg

Along with (still-)sinking hospital prices:

sykzd5.png

Meanwhile, the benchmark insurance premiums in the new exchanges are changing, some up and some dropping substantially, but overall growing just ~3% (unusually low for the individual market, which has historically seen 10%+ rate increases):

change-in-benchmark-silver-premiums-2015-map_hi_and_ma.png

And premiums in the new SHOP exchanges for small businesses aren't changing much at all:

chart_112414.jpg

Financially, thus far the law is exceeding expectations, with spending on ACA subsidies and Medicaid (not to mention total health spending across the economy) for 2014 coming in below the numbers "sold" in 2010, while Medicare savings have come in substantially higher:

2hnovx3.png

Perhaps the most impressive piece of that is that per capita Medicare spending is now falling, a turn that's virtually unprecedented in the history of the program:

medicare_per_person.png

Meanwhile, the way health care is paid for is changing to reward better quality and lower cost growth:

23h62pj.png

And more people are benefiting from new health care delivery models that put quality and the patient first:

Percentage of lives covered by Accountable Care Organizations, by hospital referral region
MC_1411_ACOs_fig4.png

With the new incentives and technical assistance available under the ACA hospitals are getting safer, saving lives and money:

Total Annual and Cumulative Hospital-Acquired Condition (HAC) Reductions (Compared to 2010 Baseline)
hacex3.jpg

Total Annual and Cumulative Deaths Averted (Compared to 2010 Baseline)
hacex5.jpg

Total Annual and Cumulative Cost Savings (Compared to 2010 Baseline)
hacex7.jpg

Meanwhile preventable readmissions are dropping, as patients get appropriate post-discharge planning and care:

readmission_rates.png
URL]

Wishing away obvious (and unprecedented) progress for an empty political agenda is a fool's errand. Most of the GOP already recognizes it but by 2017 even the most obstinate members of the party will have caught on.

Forum List

Back