facthole.com picks Trump's campaign logo

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
tumblr_inline_nyeo1xf46n1rd0qsd_500.jpg

Trump Campaign Unveils New Logo

It's excellent satire.

• Banned
Trump will lose another 10 to 20 percent of his followers in the coming week.

Cruz will rise to perhaps 25% before he reveals his vicious fascism.

Trump will lose another 10 to 20 percent of his followers in the coming week.

Cruz will rise to perhaps 25% before he reveals his vicious fascism.

Cruz is just unlikeable

His creepy factor is too strong

Nope. Satire is subtle. This is about as subtle as a train wreck.
But appropriate

Not at all. It's more honestly applicable to the Democratic Party.

Actually, you have nothing to support that wild claim

Au contraire, I have 160 years of history, pointedly the last 70-80 years and especially the last fifteen which clearly show the Party's dissolution into a scrappy Communist/Fascist hybrid intent upon the destruction of the rule of law and its Constitutional foundations, and the placement of all governmental authority into the hands of a bloated, all-powerful Federal government.

The slavery of all to the State. How you must drool at the prospect.

Nope. Satire is subtle. This is about as subtle as a train wreck.
But appropriate

Not at all. It's more honestly applicable to the Democratic Party.

Actually, you have nothing to support that wild claim

Au contraire, I have 160 years of history, pointedly the last 70-80 years and especially the last fifteen which clearly show the Party's dissolution into a scrappy Communist/Fascist hybrid intent upon the destruction of the rule of law and its Constitutional foundations, and the placement of all governmental authority into the hands of a bloated, all-powerful Federal government.

The slavery of all to the State. How you must drool at the prospect.
Such hyperbole

You must watch Foxnews

I watch all news. I probably watch MSNBC and CNN more than FOX.

I also know history.

Billy, nothing agrees with you, it seems.

Tough. Compost in another thread is having a problem similar to yours.

I see nothing there that disagrees with me. Perhaps you could point something out.
From wiki:

A feature of satire is strong irony or sarcasm—"in satire, irony is militant"—but parody, burlesque, exaggeration, juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. This "militant" irony or sarcasm often professes to approve of (or at least accept as natural) the very things the satirist wishes to attack.

Billy is very concrete.

Satire is rarely subtle. It hits you on the head like a ton of bricks.

Here is billy and "run away." This is satire, billy.

Last edited:
I see nothing there that disagrees with me. Perhaps you could point something out.
From wiki:

A feature of satire is strong irony or sarcasm—"in satire, irony is militant"—but parody, burlesque, exaggeration, juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. This "militant" irony or sarcasm often professes to approve of (or at least accept as natural) the very things the satirist wishes to attack.

From same:

Laughter is not an essential component of satire; in fact there are types of satire that are not meant to be "funny" at all. Conversely, not all humour, even on such topics as politics, religion or art is necessarily "satirical", even when it uses the satirical tools of irony, parody, and burlesque.

And next:

Characteristics of Satire:

Satire uses humour in poking fun, ridiculing or deriding the behaviour of people, especially those who pretend or are filled with self-importance without cause. Satire chooses targets it cares about to gently mock or send up causing laughter. On the other hand, sarcasm tends to be stinging, cutting, bitter acerbic, even savage in its criticism evoking scorn, contempt and even hatred.

Humour: In order to soften us up and lower our defences, satire adopts a light-hearted tone and spices its message with a jocular attitude so that we become more receptive.

Subtlety - The satire is implicit and may not be evident to an uninformed or innocent reader. Satire is also often topical, localised and contemporary, therefore dates easily.

Exaggeration, hyperbole, overstated/understated, caricatures, stereotypes, or distortion - Everything is not what it seems, nothing can be accepted at face value.

The Language of Satire

Forum List

Back