FactChecking Obama’s Budget Speech

WOW...and..OH MY GOD...and..HOLY COW!!

A Presidential speech that is generally propaganda, based loosely on hypothetical outcomes designed to create mistrust on the opposing party.

Unheard of.

A Presidential speech that is generally propaganda, based loosely on hypothetical outcomes designed to create mistrust on the opposing party.

Unheard of.

i know...shocking.

but for the record, while factcheck.org seems to indicate some puffery, it also appears that what was said at least has a passing relationship with reality.

the economy was great under clinton and bush. i wonder if obama made eye contact with paul ryan during the speech... biden ??

Maybe you were just sleeping during the final years under Bush.

Yeah, when Gasoline hit $4.00 a Gallon Einstein.
.....Especially when some Black-dude is President, right??

handjob.gif

*​

January 13, 2008

"The recession-deniers were muzzled by a horrendous last two weeks of December, and the gloom-and-doomers are now out in force. Their key arguments:

* Plummeting housing will now drag down the rest of the economy.

*The "bad debt" problem is not just "sub-prime" folks who should never have have taken out mortgages in the first place. It includes credit card debt, "high quality" mortgages, car loans, and other leverage that have recently become a consumer way of life.

*Pressure on consumers is leading to a reduction in consumer spending (70% of economy), which, in turn, will lead to a reduction in spending by companies that sell stuff to consumers.

*The question now is not "will there be a recession?" but "how bad will it get?"

*The most optimistic forecasts in a NYT gloom-and-doom round-up are for three crappy quarters, regardless of what the Fed does. Less optimistic forecasts suggest that we are, well, screwed.

After blowing the last downturn, we've been worried this one since last summer (see below). We also suspect that, given the importance of housing to the economy and debt to consumer spending, the recession will be deeper and more prolonged than people think."

Last edited:

Unheard of.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw9BJ_Kh7mE]YouTube - George W Bush threatens Mushroom Cloud pt 1[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-23kmhc3P8U]YouTube - With Us or Against Us[/ame]​

Maybe you were just sleeping during the final years under Bush.

handjob.gif

*​

January 13, 2008

"The recession-deniers were muzzled by a horrendous last two weeks of December, and the gloom-and-doomers are now out in force. Their key arguments:

*The "bad debt" problem is not just "sub-prime" folks who should never have have taken out mortgages in the first place. It includes credit card debt, "high quality" mortgages, car loans, and other leverage that have recently become a consumer way of life.

*Pressure on consumers is leading to a reduction in consumer spending (70% of economy), which, in turn, will lead to a reduction in spending by companies that sell stuff to consumers.

*The question now is not "will there be a recession?" but "how bad will it get?"

*The most optimistic forecasts in a NYT gloom-and-doom round-up are for three crappy quarters, regardless of what the Fed does. Less optimistic forecasts suggest that we are, well, screwed.

After blowing the last downturn, we've been worried this one since last summer (see below). We also suspect that, given the importance of housing to the economy and debt to consumer spending, the recession will be deeper and more prolonged than people think."

you're like the las vegas of usmb.... howdy pardner... "vegas vic"

Last edited:
Did I hear right, when the Obama FLAT out lies, it's called puffery..

good gawd can the obamabots get any more silly.

Unheard of.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw9BJ_Kh7mE]YouTube - George W Bush threatens Mushroom Cloud pt 1[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-23kmhc3P8U]YouTube - With Us or Against Us[/ame]​

So to justify such you keep reverting to Bush. What happened to hope and CHANGE? Why is it that everytime Obama does something-- everyone alyways says Bush did that too. Where oh where is the CHNAGE?

It is almost as if one looks to Bush to justify all of Obama's actions. No matter what Bush did it, so can Obama or everything Obama does is a direct result of Bush. There is no taking responsibility for any actions. It is always blame, blame, and divert attention. WTF?

handjob.gif

*​

January 13, 2008

you're like the las vegas of usmb.... howdy pardner... "vegas vic"

Awwww crap... I was like, WTF is that big ass cartoon post!?!?! Then I saw you quoted Shaman. Yeah, been a while since I seen a Shaman post due to the ignor powah! You should give it a try, theads seems "less" stuipd.

Dammit, shut down medicare and give vouchers to the elderly. If they happen to run over the alloted money (which WILL HAPPEN TO SENIOR CITIZENS), then oh well. Sorry. Deal with it.

Great plan! Great plan. I want to talk to a senior citizen who is on medicare who is a republican. I really would like to hear what he or she has to say about this.

I want to talk to a republican who is on medicare bacause they are handicapped. I wonder what happens to them?

What the hell are you talking about? The vouchers are not to be used to pay for medical services, they are to pay for INSURANCE that will cover them. You dumb fucks do not even know he first thing about the plan you are attacking. It is truly funny to watch.

Oh and by the way the plan would not effect even one person who is a senior right now, only those 54 and under when it passed would be put into the new system, Because the old system is GOING TO FAIL and not be for them if we do not act.

So you replace a government program with another government program that looks like a welfare system.

Lol.... Smaller government indeed..

Wasn't my idea, I was simply commenting on the false way in which Libs are trying to portray this as an attempt to hurt old people. This is an attempt to address a problem that if ignored will collapse the whole system, and then nobody will be getting any help from the Government.

Me Personally I would Rather see some sort of voucher system, Coupled with Regulations on the Insurance companies, than a massive bloated and inefficient government bureaucracy, and that is what Medicare/Caid is.

CaféAuLait;3539315 said:

Unheard of.

There is no taking responsibility for any actions. It is always blame, blame, and divert attention. WTF?

That is the first play in their play book, straight out of rules for radicals.

State control over Medicaid has brought us great disparities in eligibility, availability of services, and provider payments. The need of poor Americans for health care and their inability to pay for it do not vary depending on state of residence, as their Medicaid coverage does.37 While geographic disparities in the Medicare program are considered to be a major policy problem, they are inevitable in Medicaid as it is currently structured.38

The Tenuous Nature Of The Medicaid Entitlement

Before 1965, federal assistance to the states for the provision of health care was provided through two grant programs. The first program was established in 1950 and provided federal matching funds for state payments to medical providers on behalf of individuals receiving public assistance payments. In 1960, the Kerr-Mills Act created a new program called "Medical Assistance for the Aged." This means-tested grant program provided federal funds to states that chose to cover the "medically needy" aged who were defined as elderly individuals with incomes above levels needed to qualify for public assistance but in need of assistance for medical expenses
Medicaid

Now it does seem to me that Chairman Ryan's budget does seem to borrow from the Kerr-Mills Bill but he does seem to forget that by block granting states such as the Kerr Mills bill did, that your health care for the most part under that system depended on two factors, one is your income, and two what state you lived in. It deos appear to move us not forward but rather back to a time when Seniors, disabled, Vets, etc were one of the most under-insured portions of our population. While we can all agree that there are many things that can be reformed, tearing down a program like Medicare is not one of them. It would make a lot more sense to had the Chairman proposed a budget that rather than completely gutted Medicare, perhaps means tested it for those individuals that are ABLE to afford their own insurance or perhaps are covered under a retirement program, or Tri-Care, etc. further the Chariman could have proposed letting new enrolee's into the system i.e. those just entering into the work for the choice NOT to make contributions and thus opting out of it. However, going back to a time when "private insurerers" were responsible for the health and well being of our Seniors, Vets, disabled, etc. is not the way to accomplish a balanced budget, espcially when you lack the courage to look at ALL area's of the budget. (Defense, Taxes, subsidies, your own salary and staffing costs, etc. )

Dammit, shut down medicare and give vouchers to the elderly. If they happen to run over the alloted money (which WILL HAPPEN TO SENIOR CITIZENS), then oh well. Sorry. Deal with it.

Great plan! Great plan. I want to talk to a senior citizen who is on medicare who is a republican. I really would like to hear what he or she has to say about this.

I want to talk to a republican who is on medicare bacause they are handicapped. I wonder what happens to them?

What the hell are you talking about? The vouchers are not to be used to pay for medical services, they are to pay for INSURANCE that will cover them. You dumb fucks do not even know he first thing about the plan you are attacking. It is truly funny to watch.

Hey dumb fuck..you think I said they walk into the hospital with the vouchers to pay for aspirins?

Of course they would be used to pay for the insurance. Jesus, what an dumb ass. Now answer me this dumb ass, what happens to granny when she uses up her 15k in vouchers.

I am totally serious..answer that. Michael Steele said he doesn't know what happens to them. Do you? 15k for someone over 70 is NOTHING. What is supposed to happen to a person that age living on assisted living conditions? 15k goes in about three months. Then what?

Seriously, then what?

Oh and by the way the plan would not effect even one person who is a senior right now, only those 54 and under when it passed would be put into the new system, Because the old system is GOING TO FAIL and not be for them if we do not act.

So you replace a government program with another government program that looks like a welfare system.

Lol.... Smaller government indeed..

Wasn't my idea, I was simply commenting on the false way in which Libs are trying to portray this as an attempt to hurt old people. This is an attempt to address a problem that if ignored will collapse the whole system, and then nobody will be getting any help from the Government.

Me Personally I would Rather see some sort of voucher system, Coupled with Regulations on the Insurance companies, than a massive bloated and inefficient government bureaucracy, and that is what Medicare/Caid is.

And I hope your party runs on ending medicare. I really hope that is a slogan. when you are called out for it, please dont try to turn it around on us.

Again, Run on ending Medicare. It will turn out just as successful as the Donald running on being a burfer.

CaféAuLait;3539315 said:

Unheard of.

So to justify such you keep reverting to Bush. What happened to hope and CHANGE? Why is it that everytime Obama does something-- everyone alyways says Bush did that too. Where oh where is the CHNAGE?

It is almost as if one looks to Bush to justify all of Obama's actions. No matter what Bush did it, so can Obama or everything Obama does is a direct result of Bush. There is no taking responsibility for any actions. It is always blame, blame, and divert attention. WTF?

I think you are missing a huge point. When you complain about something Obama did, please make sure you didnt cheer about it when bush did it.

It makes you a hypocrite.

Forum List

Back