FACT CHECK: Palin's Book Goes Rogue on Some Facts

you know i posted the op right from the article....nothing else said..and yet the palin zombies go nuts...how dare i post the facts....note...not one of you refutes the fact check...

No one is going nuts. Simply questioning why your wasting your time, when there are real time issues to address! So either your bored as hell, in which case you need to turn off your computer and go find something to do or she is a threat to your liberal ideals. In which case it's rather comical.

Mike

I agree, how dare he bring up things......on a message board.....we should all do as you say and only post things you like ("real time issues")or simply walk away from the computer.

??

Last edited:
I agree, how dare he bring up things......on a message board.....we should all do as you say and only post things you like ("real time issues")or simply walk away from the computer. _

Well that wasn't the direction my sarcasm was going, but, I'll take it. Now why don't you get started!

Mike

What I can't figure out is:

Why does anyone care?

Fox will make a LOT OF NOISE....about their girls book tour. It will raise up their base, and only their base.

They are the ones who will care. The other stations will give her book the attention it deserves.

Oh and i believe its on sale at circle K for $2.99 already?

I agree, how dare he bring up things......on a message board.....we should all do as you say and only post things you like ("real time issues")or simply walk away from the computer. _

Well that wasn't the direction my sarcasm was going, but, I'll take it. Now why don't you get started!

Mike

I will try to not derail this thread like your trying to do and actually talk about what this thread is about.

The thought of talking about a threads topic is astounding isn't it?

All kidding aside, as a Republican this is a question I have long wanted answered on a reasonable level. What other than her appeal on a personal level to a segement of average voters do people believe quailfies her to hold high office? If not, what then would be her best track for seeking that office and do people think she is conducting herself in a manner that could unite a large number of people to support her? I have my own opinion, and at the moment my feeling is that while she has a home spun appeal to a segment of voters, she has little in the way of actual experience on the national stage on order to qualify her for seeking office. While I think she is an intelligent woman when it comes to matters of energy in Alaska , I do believe that she needs to seek a professional management company that can groom her for the national stage if that is her intention. I have not read her book, so cannot comment on it's contents. and will leave that to others.
Yup. I am a Republican as well. I liked Palin all of 48 hours, maximum, after she was named as running mate (woman, yadayadayda, historic competition, yadayadayada), until I learned more about her. Yet to some, one being a Republican automatically means they must love Palin.

Palin seemed to have good basic instincts. And that's nice. But good basic instincts are simply not enough to qualify her (or anybody else) to assume the role of Vice President of the United States (especially since Vice Presidents sometimes must assume the Office of President of the United States).

I said back at the time of the campaign, actually shortly thereafter, that what she needed was to take a year or two off to read all the back issues of U.S. News & World Report she could get her hands on -- as well as all present issues.

She blew the interviews with the biased left wing media (like Katie hack Couric) not just because of the clear left-wing bias of those faux "reporters", but because of her own abundant actual ignorance of some pretty fundamental issues of our day -- particularly international matters. In short, it would be disingenuous to JUST blame Katie Couric or that other journalistic hack (the fraud over at ABC, looking down over his glasses at Palin). Those kind of schmucks are what they are -- known biased quantities -- and that should have been known before she ever sat down with them. Palin has to accept much of the blame herself.

The good news is: she has time to study. Really study. There's no reason she cannot become much more deeply and seriously immersed in these "somewhat" important matters of national and international interest. And the next time she runs (if she makes that choice) she might yet make an entirely more appropriate presentation. And UNLESS she makes it a point to BE much more thoroughly knowledgeable and well-grounded in these issues, concerns and matters, she should not run again at all; and she most certainly shouldn't get support from anyone on the right unless she earns it by hard work.

All kidding aside, as a Republican this is a question I have long wanted answered on a reasonable level. What other than her appeal on a personal level to a segement of average voters do people believe quailfies her to hold high office? If not, what then would be her best track for seeking that office and do people think she is conducting herself in a manner that could unite a large number of people to support her? I have my own opinion, and at the moment my feeling is that while she has a home spun appeal to a segment of voters, she has little in the way of actual experience on the national stage on order to qualify her for seeking office. While I think she is an intelligent woman when it comes to matters of energy in Alaska , I do believe that she needs to seek a professional management company that can groom her for the national stage if that is her intention. I have not read her book, so cannot comment on it's contents. and will leave that to others.
Yup. I am a Republican as well. I liked Palin all of 48 hours, maximum, after she was named as running mate (woman, yadayadayda, historic competition, yadayadayada), until I learned more about her. Yet to some, one being a Republican automatically means they must love Palin.

Palin seemed to have good basic instincts. And that's nice. But good basic instincts are simply not enough to qualify her (or anybody else) to assume the role of Vice President of the United States (especially since Vice Presidents sometimes must assume the Office of President of the United States).

I said back at the time of the campaign, actually shortly thereafter, that what she needed was to take a year or two off to read all the back issues of U.S. News & World Report she could get her hands on -- as well as all present issues.

She blew the interviews with the biased left wing media (like Katie hack Couric) not just because of the clear left-wing bias of those faux "reporters", but because of her own abundant actual ignorance of some pretty fundamental issues of our day -- particularly international matters. In short, it would be disingenuous to JUST blame Katie Couric or that other journalistic hack (the fraud over at ABC, looking down over his glasses at Palin). Those kind of schmucks are what they are -- known biased quantities -- and that should have been known before she ever sat down with them. Palin has to accept much of the blame herself.

The good news is: she has time to study. Really study. There's no reason she cannot become much more deeply and seriously immersed in these "somewhat" important matters of national and international interest. And the next time she runs (if she makes that choice) she might yet make an entirely more appropriate presentation. And UNLESS she makes it a point to BE much more thoroughly knowledgeable and well-grounded in these issues, concerns and matters, she should not run again at all; and she most certainly shouldn't get support from anyone on the right unless she earns it by hard work.

You think Palin didn't have the experience to be Vice President and you think that Joe Biden does???????????????? Joe Biden is older, but he never had any executive experience and neither does Obama, they are both legislators. Palin had more executive experience than John McCain, he is a legislator too.

There's a huge difference between being a legislature and having executive experience.
Executives make the decisions, they are decisive, they have to be. A legislator just writes and votes on legislation, they make no decisions. Obama has none of this experience, that's why he is dithering on Afghanistan, that is also why for the majority of time we elect former GOVERNORS to the office of President. Example

George Bush- governor of Texas
Bill Clinton- governor of Arkansas
Reagan- governor of California.
Carter- Governor of Georgia, even though it did not help him.

The above had to balance state budgets, they had to make spending cuts, they had to make decisions. I will never again vote for anyone who has not been a former governor, because as evidenced today with this President, they are absolutely and totally clueless.:cuckoo:

Last edited:

You think Palin didn't have the experience to be Vice President and you think that Joe Biden does???????????????? Joe Biden is older, but he never had any executive experience and neither does Obama, they are both legislatures. Palin had more executive experience than John McCain, he is a legislature too.

There's a huge difference between being a legislature and having executive experience.
Executives make the decisions, they are decisive, they have to be. A legislature just writes and votes on legislation, they make no decisions. Obama has none of this experience, that's why he is dithering on Afghanistan, that is also why for the majority of time we elect former GOVERNORS to the office of President. Example

The above had to balance state budgets, they had to make spending cuts, they had to make decisions. I will never again vote for anyone who has not been a former governor, because as evidenced today with this President, they are absolutely and totally clueless.:cuckoo:

Out of all the people you mentioned, who quit to write a book? Who quit from their responsibilities?

You think Palin didn't have the experience to be Vice President and you think that Joe Biden does???????????????? Joe Biden is older, but he never had any executive experience and neither does Obama, they are both legislatures. Palin had more executive experience than John McCain, he is a legislature too.

Executives make the decisions, they are decisive, they have to be. A legislature just writes and votes on legislation, they make no decisions. Obama has none of this experience, that's why he is dithering on Afghanistan, that is also why for the majority of time we elect former GOVERNORS to the office of President. Example

It would be fascinating to have you link to any post ever written by me here or anywhere else -- ever -- wherein I supposedly suggested that I "think" that Joe Biden ever had any experience (or education, logic, knowledge, principles, suitability) to be Vice President of the United States.

You start looking and get back to me when you find it.

Otherwise, thanks for the "lecture." :cuckoo:

It would be fascinating to have you link to any post ever written by me here or anywhere else -- ever -- wherein I supposedly suggested that I "think" that Joe Biden ever had any experience (or education, logic, knowledge, principles, suitability) to be Vice President of the United States.

I know, that's why I was very taken aback by your post about thinking that governor Palin did not have the experience to be Vice President. She had more experience with being an executive than all the other candidates, not only was she a governor she was a mayor which is another executive office.

I did not mean to sound as if I was lecturing you, I just wanted to point this out not only to you but many of the liberals who do there very best to trash a very smart conservative woman.

I know, that's why I was very taken aback by your post about thinking that governor Palin did not have the experience to be Vice President. She had more experience with being an executive than all the other candidates, not only was she a governor she was a mayor which is another executive office.

I did not mean to sound as if I was lecturing you, I just wanted to point this out not only to you but many of the liberals who do there very best to trash a very smart conservative woman.

You are seriously saying Palin is a smart conservative woman? Is Bachmann or PreJean as well?

Wow, no wonder you guys lost. Literally, that is exactly why you lost, Palin and McCain. So many republicans were on the fence with McCain but when he picked that dolt Palin, that was just the nail in the coffin.

Worked out well for us. You betcha.

Last edited:

Out of all the people you mentioned, who quit to write a book? Who quit from their responsibilities?

I am forming a new club, it's entitled, " The nit wit liberal loon nut club." You have just won first place and have been selected as poster child for "The nit wit liberal loon nut club." Please submit a recent photo so we can all see what "stupid" looks like.:lol:

Since nothing I wrote (in the post to which you were responding) focused on the issue of "experience," I am still at a bit of a loss to grasp what you are talking about.

What I complained about relative to Gov. Palin was not experience (although her experience as an Executive Government Official is also not sufficient standing alone to qualify her for Vice President imho) or inexperience. What I addressed was her fundamental lack of specific knowlege and education on matters of state -- especially on international topics.

Clearly, being Governor of Alaska did not make her especially knowedgeable on many issue affecting international relations or matters of national security. Hell, she got one big fat softball pitch down the middle of the plate (i.e., the one about SCOTUS decisions with which she might disagree) and she failed to wallop that pitch. Why? She was ill-prpepared and most of that is obviously due to lack of specific knowledge. Crimminy. Almost anyone HERE coulda answered TAHT one without blinking an eye. Is it too much to ask that a contender for VP be at least familiar with these issues and topics?

Not EVERY "lib" criticism of Gov. Palin is baseless.

I think it's really wrong of you people to be dissing Palin for her new book. It's not like she wrote it.

Since nothing I wrote (in the post to which you were responding) focused on the issue of "experience," I am still at a bit of a loss to grasp what you are talking about.

What I complained about relative to Gov. Palin was not experience (although her experience as an Executive Government Official is also not sufficient standing alone to qualify her for Vice President imho) or inexperience. What I addressed was her fundamental lack of specific knowlege and education on matters of state -- especially on international topics.

Clearly, being Governor of Alaska did not make her especially knowedgeable on many issue affecting international relations or matters of national security. Hell, she got one big fat softball pitch down the middle of the plate (i.e., the one about SCOTUS decisions with which she might disagree) and she failed to wallop that pitch. Why? She was ill-prpepared and most of that is obviously due to lack of specific knowledge. Crimminy. Almost anyone HERE coulda answered TAHT one without blinking an eye. Is it too much to ask that a contender for VP be at least familiar with these issues and topics?

My point, is that Obama did not have experience either, as is evidenced by his apology tour, his making nice with terrorist nations, his current decision to bring the 9-11 terrorists to trail in a civilian court in New York, in which they will be granted protection under the U.S constitution.

It's a matter of ideology, Palin would not have done any of these things. But Obama is. As far as being ill-prepared for SCOTUS decisions, you can only look as far as the McCain camp for that answer. They threw her under the bus. Beleive me, Obama was coached and coached thorougly and then always has a teleprompter in front of him. He not only was coached to sound like he was middle of the road, he fooled millions of Americans into voting for a middle of the road candidate only to be surprised that he is a very far left extremist with a socialistic agenda.

I believe the reason the McCain camp did this, is for one, Palin is a conservative, McCain is a lean left moderate on many issues. I also think that there was extreme jealousy going on. Palin would draw upwards of 20,000 to her speeches, whereas McCain was lucky to get 2,000 to show up. She was the draw, and if it were not for her he would have been lucky to win his own state of Arizona.

Last edited:

My point, is that Obama did not have experience either, as is evidenced by his apology tour, his making nice with terrorist nations, his current decision to bring the 9-11 terrorists to trail in a civilian court in New York, in which they will be granted protection under the U.S constitution.

It's a matter of ideology, Palin would not have done any of these things. But Obama is. As far as being ill-prepared for SCOTUS decisions, you can only look as far as the McCain camp for that answer. They threw her under the bus. Beleive me, Obama was coached and coached thorougly and then always has a teleprompter in front of him. He not only was coached to sound like he was middle of the road, he fooled millions of Americans into voting for a middle of the road candidate only to be surprised that he is a very far left extremist with a socialistic agenda.

I believe the reason the McCain camp did this, is for one, Palin is a conservative, McCain is a lean left moderate on many issues. I also think that there was extreme jealousy going on. Palin would draw upwards of 20,000 to her speeches, whereas McCain was lucky to get 2,000 to show up. She was the draw, and if it were not for her he would have been lucky to win his own state of Arizona.

his making nice with terrorist nations,

That's a lie and you guys are swine.

Republicans keep going on and on about the importance of the constitution and "bring back America", and you fools don't even believe in this country or it's laws. Wanting to go around the constitution, shame on you. You guys are awful.

We currently have more than 350 terrorists in America jails for life, terrorists like the guys that bombed the WTC when Clinton was president, or in the case of Republican and conservative, Timothy McVeigh, second only to the 9/11 terrorists, put to death.

The masterminds behind 9/11 will be tried in US courts only a few blocks from the former WTC nearly a decade after they should have been. The terrorists who bombed US military ships will be tried by military tribunal, as they should be. Military tribunals don't have a really good record in comparison. They have only convicted three that I'm aware of since 9/11.

Part of what makes the US the greatest nation in the world is our Justice System. Of course, there has been of lot of trust lost after what Bush and Republicans did to it during the last eight years.

Bin Laden brought down two buildings and killed more than three thousand Americans. Bush and the Republicans let Bin Laden go, attempted to ruin our Justice System, our economy, our Military and have recklessly been the cause of tens of thousands of Americans dying to create a hard core Islamic Theocracy in Iraq. They have a lot, and mean a lot, of nerve.

I think it's really wrong of you people to be dissing Palin for her new book. It's not like she wrote it.

Right. And President Obama didn't write his books either. We have good reason to believe that he had his domestic terrorist scumbag friend, Bill Ayers (a friend he denies having as a friend), write it for him.

Right. And President Obama didn't write his books either. We have good reason to believe that he had his domestic terrorist scumbag friend, Bill Ayers (a friend he denies having as a friend), write it for him.

You see what I'm saying about swine?

Obama graduated near the top of his class at Harvard and wrote two best sellers. No one has ever accused him of not writing them. Those books paid off his student loans.

Palin earned her money for college the old fashioned way. She paraded down a runway in stilettos and big hair and little else, her "talents" on display for all the world to see.

I totally understand why you guys want to bring Obama down to her level. We all get it.

Sarah_Palin_Pageant.flv.jpg

Well all of 'six' errors I gleaned from the article. With the original writer plus
AP writers Matt Apuzzo, Sharon Theimer, Tom Raum, Rita Beamish, Beth Fouhy, H. Josef Hebert, Justin D. Pritchard, Garance Burke, Dan Joling and Lewis Shaine contributed to this report.
seems they really had to dig. 11 AP writers. :lol:

But heh, the former governor of Alaska, former VP candidate, really deserves that kind of coverage I guess. Sort of takes the question out of why the MSM sucks so much. :cool:

Forum List

Back