FACT CHECK: Obama pushes plans that flopped before

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
One thing from Drudge says it all about last nights SOTU:

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Amen to that! I kept shouting at the tv (and then the radio when I went to pick up my eldest from work) that this has all been said before and it has resulted in bumpkis! The big goose egg! But there is more:

WASHINGTON (AP) — It was a wish list, not a to-do list.

President Barack Obama laid out an array of plans in his State of the Union speech as if his hands weren't so tied by political realities. There can be little more than wishful thinking behind his call to end oil industry subsidies — something he could not get through a Democratic Congress, much less today's divided Congress, much less in this election year.

And there was more recycling, in an even more forbidding climate than when the ideas were new: He pushed for an immigration overhaul that he couldn't get past Democrats, permanent college tuition tax credits that he asked for a year ago, and familiar discouragements for companies that move overseas.

A look at Obama's rhetoric Tuesday night and how it fits with the facts and political circumstances:
___
OBAMA: "We have subsidized oil companies for a century. That's long enough. It's time to end the taxpayer giveaways to an industry that's rarely been more profitable, and double-down on a clean energy industry that's never been more promising."

THE FACTS: This is at least Obama's third run at stripping subsidies from the oil industry. Back when fellow Democrats formed the House and Senate majorities, he sought $36.5 billion in tax increases on oil and gas companies over the next decade, but Congress largely ignored the request. He called again to end such tax breaks in last year's State of the Union speech. And he's now doing it again, despite facing a wall of opposition from Republicans who want to spur domestic oil and gas production and oppose tax increases generally.

___
OBAMA: "Our health care law relies on a reformed private market, not a government program."

THE FACTS: That's only half true. About half of the more than 30 million uninsured Americans expected to gain coverage through the health care law will be enrolled in a government program. Medicaid, the federal-state program for low-income people, will be expanded starting in 2014 to cover childless adults living near the poverty line.
The other half will be enrolled in private health plans through new state-based insurance markets. But many of them will be receiving federal subsidies to make their premiums more affordable. And that's a government program, too.

Starting in 2014 most Americans will be required to carry health coverage, either through an employer, by buying their own plan, or through a government program.

Read more: FACT CHECK: Obama pushes plans that flopped before - seattlepi.com

Especially, when he talked about that tired old crap about "Green energies" and comparing it to natural gas. I kept yelling "Solyndra, Solyndra, and Solyndra."

Further I yelled, "natural gas WORKS, your green energies DON'T!"

It's just further proof that all Obama has is pie in the sky rhetoric. When it comes to real ideas and policy to get this country moving again, all he has is the same failed BS.

Goodbye Obama, I can't wait for November!

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Amen to that! I kept shouting at the tv (and then the radio when I went to pick up my eldest from work) that this has all been said before and it has resulted in bumpkis! The big goose egg! But there is more:

President Barack Obama laid out an array of plans in his State of the Union speech as if his hands weren't so tied by political realities. There can be little more than wishful thinking behind his call to end oil industry subsidies — something he could not get through a Democratic Congress, much less today's divided Congress, much less in this election year.

And there was more recycling, in an even more forbidding climate than when the ideas were new: He pushed for an immigration overhaul that he couldn't get past Democrats, permanent college tuition tax credits that he asked for a year ago, and familiar discouragements for companies that move overseas.

A look at Obama's rhetoric Tuesday night and how it fits with the facts and political circumstances:
___
OBAMA: "We have subsidized oil companies for a century. That's long enough. It's time to end the taxpayer giveaways to an industry that's rarely been more profitable, and double-down on a clean energy industry that's never been more promising."

THE FACTS: This is at least Obama's third run at stripping subsidies from the oil industry. Back when fellow Democrats formed the House and Senate majorities, he sought $36.5 billion in tax increases on oil and gas companies over the next decade, but Congress largely ignored the request. He called again to end such tax breaks in last year's State of the Union speech. And he's now doing it again, despite facing a wall of opposition from Republicans who want to spur domestic oil and gas production and oppose tax increases generally.

___
OBAMA: "Our health care law relies on a reformed private market, not a government program."

THE FACTS: That's only half true. About half of the more than 30 million uninsured Americans expected to gain coverage through the health care law will be enrolled in a government program. Medicaid, the federal-state program for low-income people, will be expanded starting in 2014 to cover childless adults living near the poverty line.
The other half will be enrolled in private health plans through new state-based insurance markets. But many of them will be receiving federal subsidies to make their premiums more affordable. And that's a government program, too.

Starting in 2014 most Americans will be required to carry health coverage, either through an employer, by buying their own plan, or through a government program.

Especially, when he talked about that tired old crap about "Green energies" and comparing it to natural gas. I kept yelling "Solyndra, Solyndra, and Solyndra."

It's just further proof that all Obama has is pie in the sky rhetoric. When it comes to real ideas and policy to get this country moving again, all he has is the same failed BS.

Drudge and Facts = Oxymoron.

His speech was boring as hell just like all State of the Union speechs.

The State of the Union sucks and no flowery speech is gonna improve on it.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

___

___

Okay, you're an idiot. Ninety-nine percent of this post came from AP via Seattle PI.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wonder if the two of you will admit that.....no matter what he said last night.......you would have come here and rejected it.

In other words you don't have any way to refute what is said. All you can do is WHINE!

You need a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULENCE!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wonder if the two of you will admit that.....no matter what he said last night.......you would have come here and rejected it.

I have no use for any of the State of the Union speeches.

No matter who give em they are all boring and usually not worth hearing.

I listened only because I thought he might have something new to say. Nope, he didn't.

It was a campaign speech. Period.

I have no use for any of the State of the Union speeches.

No matter who give em they are all boring and usually not worth hearing.

I listened only because I thought he might have something new to say. Nope, he didn't.

It was a campaign speech. Period.

The only problem is, it was a 2008 campaign speech. It was the same "Hopey Changey" crap he hawked in 2008.

Nothing's changed. Not his promises, his rhetoric, his lies, or his THE USUAL FOLLOWING FAILURES.

The only thing that has changed is there is a nation out there that knows it's a bunch of crap and no longer believe him.

November is coming.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

___

___

Did you really expect anything more!?
I mean come on even pelosi is saying she has something on newt if he is the nominee.
This is what they worry about all day on our dime its a disgrace

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Okay, you're an idiot. Ninety-nine percent of this post came from AP via Seattle PI.

You were attempting to make it seem like it was coming from fact check.org. You have no credibility here either way. Psycho.

You were attempting to make it seem like it was coming from fact check.org. You have no credibility here either way. Psycho.

Attempting???????? I gave the url, you moron! I wasn't attempting anything.

If you didn't follow the url, and READ don't blame me.

I think we see the psycho. You are so in the tank for Obama you can't even open your mind to READ.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

___

___

It didnt work last time, so this time we will do the same thing only smaller.

I kept shouting at the tv (and then the radio when I went to pick up my eldest from work)

Yelling at inanimate objects is a sign of derangement.

Good point, better to keep it pent up and go postal.

If you're getting so bent out of shape in the first place that it's a choice between yelling at inanimate objects, and "keeping it pent up and going postal" then there's already something wrong in the first place. I think some anger management and daily running is in order. A stiff drink and some good sex wouldn't hurt either.

He's President. Why do you judge him as if he were Emperor?

Because the "Emperor" has no clothes?

Romney has clothes. They're not all that expensive, though. He only spends about $1500 on each business suit, and $500 on each casual outfit. He's frugal.

Both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama dress rather well, Inthemiddle...the difference between the two men is that Romney buys his clothes with money he made while running companies in the private sector and Obama buys his with money that he receives from tax payers for being a rather ineffective politician. When someone is free and easy with THEIR money I don't really have a problem with it...when they are free and easy with MY money it tends to annoy me.

Forum List

Back