Facial Hair Fascism

Note: Fascism here is used in the general sense of hyperauthoritarian, not as a government term.

Andrew McCutcheon just got traded from the San Francisco Giants to the New York Wankees.

That in itself is degrading enough all by itself. But McCutcheon had signature dreadlocks and a beard, which looked really good on him. The Wankees have made him shave it all off.

Seems the Wankers have a "policy" :gay: of no facial hair. Far as I know the only baseball team that dick-tates how their players can grow their own hair.

McCutcheon made no waves about it; he's a humble sort and a first class guy as well as a five-tool player. But shame on the Wankees for making an already ignominious team reputation even worse than it already is. Yet another reason this franchise is so despised.

For McCutcheon's sake I hope he escapes. Being sent to the Wankees is an insult to any player.
if was a stipulation in his contract, that's that. Didn't Oscar Gamble play for the Yanks?

His contract was with the San Francisco Giants from which he was traded. Not sure how that works but I'd think he'd have justification to say 'no, it's not in my contract, I ain't doing it, fuck you'.

(Actually everything one says to the New York Wankees should be punctuated with "fuck you")

Not familiar with Oscar Gamble. Was he a teammate of Doctor Proctor?

How dare organizations hold their employees to some standards.

Sounds like it will be the latest thing for loser lefties to whine about.

Of course that is their call, and as the employer they have that right. No one disputes that.

Not sure what your point is here but you appear to be deliberately conflating the right to say something with what the statement says about the sayer. Nobody says the Wankees can't prohibit facial hair --- the point is what their doing so says about them. Hence --- the thread title.

Hence my point that a private organization holding its own standards is being called “fascism” by an idiot.

Of course that is their call, and as the employer they have that right. No one disputes that.

Not sure what your point is here but you appear to be deliberately conflating the right to say something with what the statement says about the sayer. Nobody says the Wankees can't prohibit facial hair --- the point is what their doing so says about them. Hence --- the thread title.

Hence my point that a private organization holding its own standards is being called “fascism” by an idiot.

Hence my clarification in not just the OP of this thread but the very first sentence before I even presented the story.

Perhaps it whizzed right past you, like most things.

Note: Fascism here is used in the general sense of hyperauthoritarian, not as a government term.

Andrew McCutcheon just got traded from the San Francisco Giants to the New York Wankees.

That in itself is degrading enough all by itself. But McCutcheon had signature dreadlocks and a beard, which looked really good on him. The Wankees have made him shave it all off.

Seems the Wankers have a "policy" :gay: of no facial hair. Far as I know the only baseball team that dick-tates how their players can grow their own hair.

McCutcheon made no waves about it; he's a humble sort and a first class guy as well as a five-tool player. But shame on the Wankees for making an already ignominious team reputation even worse than it already is. Yet another reason this franchise is so despised.

For McCutcheon's sake I hope he escapes. Being sent to the Wankees is an insult to any player.
if was a stipulation in his contract, that's that. Didn't Oscar Gamble play for the Yanks?

His contract was with the San Francisco Giants from which he was traded. Not sure how that works but I'd think he'd have justification to say 'no, it's not in my contract, I ain't doing it, fuck you'.

(Actually everything one says to the New York Wankees should be punctuated with "fuck you")

Not familiar with Oscar Gamble. Was he a teammate of Doctor Proctor?
upload_2018-9-2_22-40-0.jpeg

Pretty good carrier. Early years with the Philliies.

Hence my clarification in not just the OP of this thread but the very first sentence before I even presented the story.

Yea, “I’m not going to call it fascism for real, but it’s basically fascist”.

How clever.

How clever.

Ever heard the term "colloquial"?

How 'bout the term "monkey this up"?

Oh look. Painted into the proverbial corner.

How clever.

Ever heard the term "colloquial"?

How 'bout the term "monkey this up"?

Oh look. Painted into the proverbial corner.
Ya gotta admit, some races are more reminiscent of monkeys than others, we are all humans. However, a phrasal verb, "monkey up" has nothing to do with that.

He shouldn’t put up with having to shave, he should retire and forego his $8.8 million a year contract, that will teach those NY Yankees!

seems to me thatthis sports guy

---------------------------------------- seems to me that this kids game player is being smart . Whats he make a year playing a widdle kids game . If he is a bad player his job no matter how demeaning is more important then his hair style . ---------- its just Common Sense Pogo !!

He shouldn’t put up with having to shave, he should retire and forego his $8.8 million a year contract, that will teach those NY Yankees!

Since the Wankees bought/transferred his contract ---- they would have to pay him, wouldn't they. All he has to do is say "sure I'll play centerfield, or wherever, but I ain't shaving. Not in the contract".

What are they gonna do? Claim it is?

---------------------------------------- seems to me that this kids game player is being smart . Whats he make a year playing a widdle kids game . If he is a bad player his job no matter how demeaning is more important then his hair style . ---------- its just Common Sense Pogo !!

He's anything BUT a bad player. Andrew McCutcheon is what we call a "beast". A five-tool player. I could see that from literally his first game.

He's in a position to dictate his own terms. That's why it's disappointing that he caved. Apparently for all his speed and hitting/throwing/fielding ability, he lacks courage.

Much as I despise the Yankees (actually their fans), this has been around for decades with them.

And for most baseball players losing the beard is worth it to wear Pinstripes.

God I hate that team.....

Indeed. I hate the Yankees - it was great to see my beloved A's beat them yesterday.

He's anything BUT a bad player. Andrew McCutcheon is what we call a "beast". A five-tool player. I could see that from literally his first game.

He's in a position to dictate his own terms. That's why it's disappointing that he caved. Apparently for all his speed and hitting/throwing/fielding ability, he lacks courage.

I'll hazard to conclude that McCutcheon understands his role as an employee and feels very well compensated for agreeing to the Dress and Grooming Code of his employer.

I'll hazard to conclude that McCutcheon understands his role as an employee and feels very well compensated for agreeing to the Dress and Grooming Code of his employer.

That's what I said --- he lacks courage. A follower rather than a leader. Nobody's perfect.

Let's put it this way:

If I'm Andrew McCutcheon, when that starched-shirt refugee from the conformity-craze of the 1950s up there in the front office dictating 1950s conformity personal expression codes is able to walk down on the field and show me how I can steal more bases or get a better jump on fly balls, then maybe -- MAYBE I'll start listening to what he has to say about other things. Until then, take a proverbial hike.

Happy players are productive players. Nobody wants to play for a prison gang. You don't build a good team by exercising your little my-dick-is-too-small-so-you-have-to-pay power trips on underlings.

That is --- if building a good team is really what you're trying to do. But that's the burning question. Your Houston Astroses and your Boston Red Soxes and your Atlanta Braveses and your Oakland Ases are trying to put good teams on the field. The Wankees are trying to put the Church Lady.

Last edited:

Since the Wankees bought/transferred his contract ---- they would have to pay him, wouldn't they. All he has to do is say "sure I'll play centerfield, or wherever, but I ain't shaving. Not in the contract".

What are they gonna do? Claim it is?

I don't know what the contract says, I would think there are some clauses about following team rules however, I don't know, if he shaves his facial hair, then I imagine the contract can't protect him for the atrocity.

That's what I said --- he lacks courage. A follower rather than a leader. Nobody's perfect.

Let's put it this way:

If I'm Andrew McCutcheon, when that starched-shirt refugee from the conformity-craze of the 1950s up there in the front office dictating 1950s conformity personal expression codes is able to walk down on the field and show me how I can steal more bases or get a better jump on fly balls, then maybe -- MAYBE I'll start listening to what he has to say about other things. Until then, take a proverbial hike.

Happy players are productive players. Nobody wants to play for a prison gang.

Or, he has a proper adult perspective and a sense of responsibility to himself and his family. Would you give up your livelihood to have long hair and a beard? I doubt it.

Let's put it this way:

Happy players are productive players. Nobody wants to play for a prison gang. You don't build a good team by exercising your little my-dick-is-too-small-so-you-have-to-pay power trips on underlings.

That is --- if building a good team is really what you're trying to do. But that's the burning question. Your Houston Astroses and your Boston Red Soxes and your Atlanta Braveses and your Oakland Ases are trying to put good teams on the field. The Wankees are trying to put the Church Lady.

Or, he has a proper adult perspective and a sense of responsibility to himself and his family. Would you give up your livelihood to have long hair and a beard? I doubt it.

"Responsibility" would seem to mean the club's obligation to focus on baseball, as they advertise, and not these little wanker power trips would it not? There's no need to 'give up his livelihood' --- Just Say No. Besides which, if Meathead's pic in post 24 is accurate, the Wankees have already bent on that policy anyway, so from that point it became not-a-policy. Actually I'm surprised the Players' Union lets them get away with this shit, but that might not last long if there's any justice.

You know who one of the strongest champions of the Players Union was, who stood up for players' rights so much that it got him in team trouble? Jim Bunning, the Hall of Fame pitcher who went on to be a hyperconservative Republican Senator. And he started that activity back in the 1950s when Conformity was God. The bygone era where the Wankees still live. Back there where everybody wears a straightjacket.

And no I don't give up my livelihood for long hair and a beard. I take it there with me. They'll just have to deal with it, won't they. But it's not an issue as I don't work for Puritans anyway. They have no qualms. I believe there was one time about 30 years ago that a client apparently objected. My employer called him a "poopy head" in reaction. I liked that.

Solidarity, Sister. ;)

Let's put it this way:

"Responsibility" would seem to mean the club's obligation to focus on baseball, as they advertise, and not these little wanker power trips would it not? There's no need to 'give up his livelihood' --- Just Say No. Besides which, if Meathead's pic in post 24 is accurate, the Wankees have already bent on that policy anyway, so from that point it became not-a-policy. Actually I'm surprised the Players' Union lets them get away with this shit, but that might not last long if there's any justice.

You know who one of the strongest champions of the Players Union was, who stood up for players' rights so much that it got him in team trouble? Jim Bunning, the Hall of Fame pitcher who went on to be a hyperconservative Republican Senator. And he started that activity back in the 1950s when Conformity was God. The bygone era where the Wankees still live. Back there where everybody wears a straightjacket.

And no I don't give up my livelihood for long hair and a beard. I take it there with me. They'll just have to deal with it, won't they. But it's not an issue as I don't work for Puritans anyway. They have no qualms. I believe there was one time about 30 years ago that a client apparently objected. My employer called him a "poopy head" in reaction. I liked that.

Solidarity, Sister. ;)

So Riddle Me this, mon petit chou: If McCutcheon is selling out by putting money ahead of his hairstyle, is Kaeperpimpleneck also selling out by taking money from a Big Corporation instead of suffering for his cause?

Let's put it this way:

Solidarity, Sister. ;)

So Riddle Me this, mon petit chou: If McCutcheon is selling out by putting money ahead of his hairstyle, is Kaeperpimpleneck also selling out by taking money from a Big Corporation instead of suffering for his cause?

I said nothing about anybody "selling out".

You called me "petit chou" --- do I know you? Have we dated in New Orleans? :eek:

Forum List

Back