Facial Hair Fascism

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
Note: Fascism here is used in the general sense of hyperauthoritarian, not as a government term.

Andrew McCutcheon just got traded from the San Francisco Giants to the New York Wankees.

That in itself is degrading enough all by itself. But McCutcheon had signature dreadlocks and a beard, which looked really good on him. The Wankees have made him shave it all off.

Seems the Wankers have a "policy" :gay: of no facial hair. Far as I know the only baseball team that dick-tates how their players can grow their own hair.

McCutcheon made no waves about it; he's a humble sort and a first class guy as well as a five-tool player. But shame on the Wankees for making an already ignominious team reputation even worse than it already is. Yet another reason this franchise is so despised.

For McCutcheon's sake I hope he escapes. Being sent to the Wankees is an insult to any player.

How dare organizations hold their employees to some standards.

Sounds like it will be the latest thing for loser lefties to whine about.

Note: Fascism here is used in the general sense of hyperauthoritarian, not as a government term.

Andrew McCutcheon just got traded from the San Francisco Giants to the New York Wankees.

That in itself is degrading enough all by itself. But McCutcheon had signature dreadlocks and a beard, which looked really good on him. The Wankees have made him shave it all off.

Seems the Wankers have a "policy" :gay: of no facial hair. Far as I know the only baseball team that dick-tates how their players can grow their own hair.

McCutcheon made no waves about it; he's a humble sort and a first class guy as well as a five-tool player. But shame on the Wankees for making an already ignominious team reputation even worse than it already is. Yet another reason this franchise is so despised.

For McCutcheon's sake I hope he escapes. Being sent to the Wankees is an insult to any player.

Much as I despise the Yankees (actually their fans), this has been around for decades with them.

And for most baseball players losing the beard is worth it to wear Pinstripes.

God I hate that team.....

How dare organizations hold their employees to some standards.

Sounds like it will be the latest thing for loser lefties to whine about.

Of course that is their call, and as the employer they have that right. No one disputes that.

Not sure what your point is here but you appear to be deliberately conflating the right to say something with what the statement says about the sayer. Nobody says the Wankees can't prohibit facial hair --- the point is what their doing so says about them. Hence --- the thread title.

For what these guys get paid, they would happily wear a silly polkadot bowtie and high heel shoes all day.

Clean shaven looks best on a man. Not that I'm gay or anything. Just my view.

Ironically, a representative for a minor league team called up my son a couple of days ago and he was offered a full time job starting in the spring and the first thing I told him before he left to meet them was to shave that weird looking thing off of his chin.That was yesterday, actually, that he went.

I hated that thing. You know that little thing they grow on their chin when they haven't matured enough to grow a full beard. Kind of a Fu Manchu thingamabob. Looked silly to me.

Ironically, a representative for a minor league team called up my son a couple of days ago and he was offered a full time job starting in the spring and the first thing I told him before he left to meet them was to shave that weird looking thing off of his chin.That was yesterday, actually, that he went.

I hated that thing. You know that little thing they grow on their chin when they haven't matured enough to grow a full beard. Kind of a Fu Manchu thingamabob. Looked silly to me.

The thing is --- what it looks like to you is irrelevant. It ain't your face.

Just as what you look like to him is irrelevant.

Yes, I know. You're right.

But...the Yankees want that clean cut American male look, though, given that they have an image they want to promote. I agree with it. Even their minor league affiliate has the unspoken rule. One of my son's teammates from when they were in their teens got drafted to the Yanks, they put him in their minor league program, and the beard came off before he got there. Smooth as a baby's bottom, it was. And remains that way. lol.

At the very least, a feller should recognize where his bread is buttered.

Last edited:

Yes, I know. You're right.

But...the Yankees want that clean cut American male look, though, given that they have an image they want to promote. I agree wit hit. Even their minor legue affiliate has the unspoken rule. One of my son's teammates from when they were in their teens got drafted to the Yanks, they put him in their minor league program, and the beard came off before he got there. Smooth as a baby's bottom, it was. And remains that way. lol.

At the very least, a feller should recognize where his bread is buttered.

Back when it was fashionable to do so my Dad started growing sideburns, or at least letting his razor line lower a bit. I though it was very cool and encouraged him. I also thought he would look damn good with a beard. But he never did that and cut back the sides.

But hey, it's his face, his choice, I have nothing to say about it. But I grew my own and he had no proscriptions about mine either. Same thing -- my face, my business.

I just don't get the concept of dictating to somebody else what they have to look like. It's none of my business.

As an aside, I've never been a fan of the DoD spending millions in the NFL and other professional sports platforms to promote foreign conflict in the form of patriotizing preemptive militarization, or using sports platforms to create the illusion of justification for spending trillions of dollars we don't have on war, or to use a sports venue as a recruiting utility...but...we don't see kneelers at a baseball diamond. So, that's all I have to say about that.

These are some of the best in their sport. Ya might say outstanding in their field.

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

As an aside, I've never been a fan of the DoD spending millions in the NFL and other professional sports platforms to promote foreign conflict in the form of patriotizing preemptive militarization, or using sports platforms to create the illusion of justification for spending trillions of dollars we don't have on war, or to use a sports venue as a recruiting utility...but...we don't see kneelers at a baseball diamond. So, that's all I have to say about that.

Very good point, eloquently phrased, and one often skimmed over as inconvenient.

Of course, baseball players also don't have an orange maroon running around crowing "fire the sumbitches" for them to react TO either. If they did I'm sure we'd see the same solidarity in defense.

Very good point, eloquently phrased, and one often skimmed over as inconvenient.

Of course, baseball players also don't have an orange maroon running around crowing "fire the sumbitches" for them to react TO either. If they did I'm sure we'd see the same solidarity in defense.

lol. Could be. lolol.

Men are supposed to have facial hair. Tbats why nature put it there. If an employer tried to force me to shave my beard off, or be fired... I'd sue them. And I'd win. To demand that someone modify their body to have an unnatural look, wouldn't fly in court. Unless there was a very specific reason relevant to the job. Like having to wear a respirator, or something...

Men are supposed to have facial hair. Tbats why nature put it there. If an employer tried to force me to shave my beard off, or be fired... I'd sue them. And I'd win. To demand that someone modify their body to have an unnatural look, wouldn't fly in court. Unless there was a very specific reason relevant to the job. Like having to wear a respirator, or something...

I was gonna say, it appears the Wankees want girly-men.

Or they're going for that um, underage look.

I think it's the nature of football vs baseball. Football is all about war. Baseball is all about reaching home and being safe. So, of course, he's gonna be mad at the football players. They're messing up the gig.

Here ya go. This is a perfect explanation of the nature of football vs that of baseball. lolol. Good stuff....

I was gonna say, it appears the Wankees want girly-men.

Or they're going for that um, underage look.

Clean shaven guys probably get laid more, I think. Especially if they're fit. We should probably take a poll on what the hens like better.

Last edited:

if was a stipulation in his contract, that's that. Didn't Oscar Gamble play for the Yanks?

I think it's the nature of football vs baseball. Football is all about war. Baseball is all about reaching home and being safe. So, of course, he's gonna be mad at the football players. They're messing up the gig.

Here ya go. This is a perfect explanatio of the nature of football vs that of baseball. lolol.

I know the analysis well, and it's spot-on as regards the sports, but it's got nothing to do with Rump's pandering at the time. Also interesting that the astute analyzer George Carlin --- has a beard. A topic about which he's also opined.

"Beard! It's not American-sounding. Beard!. (sotto voice)
Lenin had a beard.
(voice up an octave) 'Gabby Hayes had whiskers!'"

Here ya go. This is a perfect explanatio of the nature of football vs that of baseball. lolol.

I know the analysis well, and it's spot-on as regards the sports, but it's got nothing to do with Rump's pandering at the time. Also interesting that the astute analyzer George Carlin --- has a beard. A topic about which he's also opined.

"Beard! It's not American-sounding. Beard!. (sotto voice)
Lenin had a beard.
(voice up an octave) 'Gabby Hayes had whiskers!'"

lol. He does have a beard, huh. lol. Ya got me.

Forum List

Back