CDZ FaceBook Replaced MySpace. What Will Replace FB?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Given USMC, EU, China and TPP proposed regulations FB has probably entered the toaster for industries. This has happened before and more companies than FB will be regulated out of existence. So, how soon do you think this will start?

Subject Database.GOV Brought to you by the fine folks at the NSA...

Given USMC, EU, China and TPP proposed regulations FB has probably entered the toaster for industries. This has happened before and more companies than FB will be regulated out of existence. So, how soon do you think this will start?

Interesting. What regulations killed Myspace?

I think it just happens.

I have two trains of thought on the subject.

Myspace became popular when more folks online were "tech geeks". Facebook got popular as the internet went mainstream. Facebook is less customizable so tech geeks with falling snow backgrounds didn't look superior.

AND/OR

Facebook has/had a cleaner design and some dose of reality to it which more folks liked.

I think it just happens.

Myspace became popular when more folks online were "tech geeks". Facebook got popular as the internet went mainstream. Facebook is less customizable so tech geeks with falling snow backgrounds didn't look superior.

AND/OR

Facebook has/had a cleaner design and some dose of reality to it which more folks liked.

FB looks like it will be joining the subscription wave that started in the 90s.

I think it just happens.

AND/OR

I see a trend with its Marketplace similar to the Craigslist and paid ads. CL had a tighter budget to fight the spam bots though and just gave up by charging.

Is that your point?

I think it just happens.

AND/OR

I see a trend with its Marketplace similar to the Craigslist and paid ads. CL had a tighter budget to fight the spam bots though and just gave up by charging.

Is that your point?

exactly. USMB would be a good example of this trendline if only it had some means other than paypal to pay for the subscription

Forum List

Back