FAA says no penalty for Harrison Ford after he nearly killed 100 people

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Sounds to me and everyone else he was drunk or had a senior moment. He should have had his license revoked but he's one of the elite.

Harrison Ford won't face discipline in landing mishap - CNN.com

april 3 2017 The Federal Aviation Administration will not pursue enforcement action against actor Harrison Ford after he mistakenly landed a small plane on a taxiway at a Southern California airport, his attorney said.

The veteran actor on February 13 landed his plane on the taxiway of a Santa Ana airport, flying directly over an American Airlines Boeing 737 commercial jet, federal officials said.

The agency let Ford, 74, keep his pilot's certificate and did not place any restrictions, the attorney said in a statement.

Ford suffered injuries in 2015 after was forced to land a two-seat vintage WWI plane after its engine failed. He tipped a treetop and skidded onto a golf course in Santa Monica, California.
In 2000, Ford reportedly slid off the runway while landing a plane in Lincoln, Nebraska. A year before, he made a hard emergency landing in a California riverbed while flying a helicopter with a flight instructor.

The guy has survived three crashes and nearly getting killed on set. He may yet come back as Solo. :lmao:

Sounds to me and everyone else he was drunk or had a senior moment. He should have had his license revoked but he's one of the elite.

april 3 2017 The Federal Aviation Administration will not pursue enforcement action against actor Harrison Ford after he mistakenly landed a small plane on a taxiway at a Southern California airport, his attorney said.

The veteran actor on February 13 landed his plane on the taxiway of a Santa Ana airport, flying directly over an American Airlines Boeing 737 commercial jet, federal officials said.

The agency let Ford, 74, keep his pilot's certificate and did not place any restrictions, the attorney said in a statement.

Ford suffered injuries in 2015 after was forced to land a two-seat vintage WWI plane after its engine failed. He tipped a treetop and skidded onto a golf course in Santa Monica, California.
In 2000, Ford reportedly slid off the runway while landing a plane in Lincoln, Nebraska. A year before, he made a hard emergency landing in a California riverbed while flying a helicopter with a flight instructor.
Maybe he is just a shitty driver. Sounds like he is dabbling in multiple air frames. This can be dangerous especially when dabbling in the unfamiliar. I think this is a case of more money than sense.

He always flys run down aircraft. Just look at all the maintainence he put into the millennium falcon. And it still constantly broke down.

Maybe he is just a shitty driver. Sounds like he is dabbling in multiple air frames. This can be dangerous especially when dabbling in the unfamiliar. I think this is a case of more money than sense.

I remember when Patrick swayze had to make an emergency landing with his dog and like 2 cases of beer he flagged down a person and had them hide the alcohol, before the cops came.

I remember when Patrick swayze had to make an emergency landing with his dog and like 2 cases of beer he flagged down a person and had them hide the alcohol, before the cops came.

Looks like Pat was dancing dirty.

B... but...but I thought CNN was "fake news". Now it's back? :wtf:

All depends on what the story is --- huh?

Shit happens when you fly all the time.

B... but...but I thought CNN was "fake news". Now it's back? :wtf:

All depends on what the story is --- huh?

Exactly.

More likely a "senior moment". Professional pilots have landed on taxiways. You are wrong in saying he "nearly killed 100 people". He saw the airliner and over flew it. It's not like the airliner had to take evasive action.

A letter in his file is standard action. Suspending his certificate for 6 months would be overly harsh. Revoking his license is completely asinine.

Agreed!
Jenny38057-poster.jpg

Forum List

Back