F**K Me! How many of you Yanks knew this?

and yet another misstatement... i didn't say "troll thread"... I said YOU trolled the thread... for some incomprehensible reason.
I stand corrected! But I'm trolling the thread by responding to your off-topic nonsense?

nonsense? my comment was simply an example as to why I believed government operation of something like nuclear power could be uneven....

you're the one who brought up a lot of extraneous silliness....
Your comment which I responded to was about FEMA incompetence. Then you were properly schooled that FEMA has nothing to do with nuclear power.

And to tell the truth, you continue off-topic statements unabated, then cry "troll" when people correct you on them. Why don't you just stick to the topic?

That's why we had unremitting terrorist attacks in 2002, 2003, 2004.....2009, right? That's why al Qaeda is now a strong healthy world wide organization openly recruiting around the world, right?
The dollar has been bad against the Euro for a while? WTF? Do you have a clue? No of course not.

there was 7 years between the first and second WTC attacks. are you really stupid enough to think that starting an unnecessary war against a country that wasn't threatening us helped us?

the dollar HAS been bad against the euro for a while. where have YOU been? heck, while Bush was president even the canadian dollar ran equal to ours for the first time in my memory, at least.
I would say you are the most fucking clueless member posting here. But there is too much competition for that.
Does the USS Cole mean anything to you? How about embassy bombings in Dar es Salaam and Nairobi?
The dollar was near its high against the Euro as late as June 2008. It began collapsing after the economy here started to decline and has continued through the Obama administration.

I stand corrected! But I'm trolling the thread by responding to your off-topic nonsense?

nonsense? my comment was simply an example as to why I believed government operation of something like nuclear power could be uneven....

Your comment which I responded to was about FEMA incompetence. Then you were properly schooled that FEMA has nothing to do with nuclear power.

And to tell the truth, you continue off-topic statements unabated, then cry "troll" when people correct you on them. Why don't you just stick to the topic?

Even I got she was using FEMA as an example of incompetence, not that it had anythign to do with nuke power

The death of the greenback is highly exaggerated.

However, the government is actively devaluing it, and the falling dollar will take all fiat currencies down with it.

is that a good thing? or a bad thing?

I own a lot of gold, so it is good for me.

Ultimately, the US is going to inflate away much of its debt. That is good for the US government but bad for everyone who holds US debt.

BTW, the biggest owners of US debt? Not China. China is the third largest. The biggest holder of US debt are mutual funds. The second biggest is the Federal Reserve.
Good post. But I'll add to it that I believe this has been the plan all along, at least going back six years if not more. Really the only way out of this deficit is to monetize the debt, deflate the dollar so much that it depreciates off the books so to speak.

Because there's no way in hell you're gonna tax your way out of 5 trillion in debt.

Regardless of differing views on why the USD is the way it is, I think few can argue that it was precarious during the final year of the GWB administration and now it is beyond precarious with the unprecedented acceleration of our debt by BHO.

Last edited:

Even I got she was using FEMA as an example of incompetence, not that it had anythign to do with nuke power
And she's been shown the example wasn't what she believed it was.

That's why we had unremitting terrorist attacks in 2002, 2003, 2004.....2009, right? That's why al Qaeda is now a strong healthy world wide organization openly recruiting around the world, right?
The dollar has been bad against the Euro for a while? WTF? Do you have a clue? No of course not.

there was 7 years between the first and second WTC attacks. are you really stupid enough to think that starting an unnecessary war against a country that wasn't threatening us helped us?

the dollar HAS been bad against the euro for a while. where have YOU been? heck, while Bush was president even the canadian dollar ran equal to ours for the first time in my memory, at least.
I would say you are the most fucking clueless member posting here. But there is too much competition for that.
Does the USS Cole mean anything to you? How about embassy bombings in Dar es Salaam and Nairobi?
The dollar was near its high against the Euro as late as June 2008. It began collapsing after the economy here started to decline and has continued through the Obama administration.

So you don't consider a year ago 'a while'? I sure as shit do...

And she was talking about US continental soil. Using your analogy, every time a US soldier is killed in Iraq and Afghanistan it is a terrorist attack. So how many were there during Bush's admin? 1000's it seems (using your criteria)...

And you have the nads to call her clueless? :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Depends on whose oar your attached to.......

and yet you're the one who hasn't a clue what our dollar was worth against the euro over the past few years... isn't that funny?

puleeze... the Cole? Nice deflection...

let me know when you can think of a justification for going into Iraq that wasn't fabricated.

I would say not only AQ, but every other ten cent terrorist group is quite healthy now.

WTF? You think the US $ has been good against the Euro recently? Is that why bands who tour the world and highly paid actors - especially non-US actors - are having their contracts stipulate that they are to be paid in Euros, not $'s? Because the $ is so strong?? Yeah, right......
You would say that AQ is healthy now? Then you would say that stuffing peas up your nose is great sport too.
Here's a list of 40 top al Qaeda operatives killed or in jail:
Al-Qaeda Leadership Losses
Any org suffering that many losses at the top is not healthy, thank you.

Depends on whose oar your attached to.......
It really doesn't. There have been bi-partisan commissions who spread the blame all around, not just on Bush and FEMA. But mostly on the Governor and Mayor's failure to evacuate before the storm hit, and follow their own disaster plans.

and yet you're the one who hasn't a clue what our dollar was worth against the euro over the past few years... isn't that funny?

let me know when you can think of a justification for going into Iraq that wasn't fabricated.

Have you been drinking?

Have you been drinking?

schmuck. you aren't very bright, are you?

So you don't consider a year ago 'a while'? I sure as shit do...

And she was talking about US continental soil. Using your analogy, every time a US soldier is killed in Iraq and Afghanistan it is a terrorist attack. So how many were there during Bush's admin? 1000's it seems (using your criteria)...

And you have the nads to call her clueless? :cuckoo:

I don't consider "a while ago" to be a meaningful statement. In fact I don't consider any statement she makes to be meaningful because she doesn't have a clue what she's talking about.
You dont think the USS Cole was a terrorist attack by al Qaeda? Or the embassy bombings (which are American soil, thanks)?

Have you been drinking?

schmuck
The lesson to take from this thread is Jillian -- protect whatever wealth you have. Invest in Gold at least, real estate, something to hedge against the inflation disaster that is inevitable.

Regardless of differing views on why the USD is the way it is, I think few can argue that it was precarious during the final year of the GWB administration and now it is beyond precarious with the unprecedented acceleration of our debt by BHO.

It was even before then.

I began betting against the dollar in 2002 after the Republicans won control of the House and Senate and said they'd cut taxes and not control spending. Obama and the Democrats have accelerated this process. I have only made three investment bets in my career based on politics. That was one of them. (The other two were buying stocks just before the Iraqi invasion began and buying gold now.)

But the Fed has played a bigger role as it has gunned the money supply over the past decade.

It has been the policy of the US government to devalue the dollar for the past 10 year, regardless of the institution or the party in power. It began when the government and the Fed stepped aside and let the Tech Bubble get out of hand, and we have been digging ourselves into a bigger and bigger hole ever since. Ultimately, the end game is printing money to get ourselves out of this mess.

You would say that AQ is healthy now? Then you would say that stuffing peas up your nose is great sport too.
Here's a list of 40 top al Qaeda operatives killed or in jail:
Al-Qaeda Leadership Losses
Any org suffering that many losses at the top is not healthy, thank you.

And if you think that there are no people replacing those people, then you are having a brain fart of gigantic proportions.

I have never believed that AQ is nothing more than a loose amalgamation of terrorist idiots, and are but one of varying number of 'organisations' how are out to cause as much as destruction as they can...

The Taliban are more of a problem and it seems they have been getting stronger over the past 18 months - 2 years

Have you been drinking?

schmuck. you aren't very bright, are you?
Because I know what the USS Cole and the African embassy bombings were, or that the Euro was weak against the dollar until the meltdown of the US economy?
No, you are not only not bright, you are uneducated and ill-informed and it leads you to write absolute nonsense that only convinces me you are either drunk or terminally stupid.

This is wrong.

The dollar's high against the euro was late 1999 or 2000 when it hit $0.85. The dollar has been in a steady decline since 2000.

DXY00-09.gif

The only reason why the dollar spiked in 2008 was because investors were panicking, thinking the financial system was going to collapse, and stampeded into Treasuries, such that short term paper was yielding less than zero. This spike was due to fear and a loss of confidence in the system. The dollar resumed its downward spiral once people stopped being scared out of their minds.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back