F**K Me! How many of you Yanks knew this?

You would say that AQ is healthy now? Then you would say that stuffing peas up your nose is great sport too.
Here's a list of 40 top al Qaeda operatives killed or in jail:
Al-Qaeda Leadership Losses
Any org suffering that many losses at the top is not healthy, thank you.

And if you think that there are no people replacing those people, then you are having a brain fart of gigantic proportions.

I have never believed that AQ is nothing more than a loose amalgamation of terrorist idiots, and are but one of varying number of 'organisations' how are out to cause as much as destruction as they can...

The Taliban are more of a problem and it seems they have been getting stronger over the past 18 months - 2 years

No, you said al Qaeda was quite healthy. I'd like to see evidence. I offered evidence that we have killed or imprisoned 40 of their top commanders. We have obviously destroyed their base of operations in Afghanistan. We have driven their senior leadership underground.
So tell me why you think they are quite healthy, other than that admitting otherwise would require giving Pres Bush credit. Which is against your religion or something.

I don't consider "a while ago" to be a meaningful statement. In fact I don't consider any statement she makes to be meaningful because she doesn't have a clue what she's talking about.
You dont think the USS Cole was a terrorist attack by al Qaeda? Or the embassy bombings (which are American soil, thanks)?

Well, more fool you then. If you stick around you'd know that she is very intelligent. Is the economy her best subject? No, but she's already said that. However, if you are an expert and she an everyman, then she's giving you a run for your money. Now start talking Bruce Springsteen, the law or Israel. See how well you go...:cool:

Yes, the USS Cole and embassy bombings were terrorist attacks. You think attacks on US forces in Afghanistan and Iraq aren't?

[ Republicans won control of the House and Senate and said they'd cut taxes and not control spending.
The GOP "control" was in name only. They hadn't even anywhere close to the power the Dems have now. The Dems can do whatever they want with no GOP votes or support whatsoever. The GOP had to have lots of Dem votes and support to do anything at all.

Place the blame where it goes, on ALL of them.

I don't consider "a while ago" to be a meaningful statement. In fact I don't consider any statement she makes to be meaningful because she doesn't have a clue what she's talking about.
You dont think the USS Cole was a terrorist attack by al Qaeda? Or the embassy bombings (which are American soil, thanks)?

Well, more fool you then. If you stick around you'd know that she is very intelligent. Is the economy her best subject? No, but she's already said that. However, if you are an expert and she an everyman, then she's giving you a run for your money. Now start talking Bruce Springsteen, the law or Israel. See how well you go...:cool:

Yes, the USS Cole and embassy bombings were terrorist attacks. You think attacks on US forces in Afghanistan and Iraq aren't?

No, they were not. They were undertaken in a war zone against soldiers.
I'm glad she's an expert in aging rock stars. Maybe she should stick to that subject.

Jake/Jillian

However, it will allow you to pay off your debt quicker and increase manufacturing due to more exports. People outside of the US will buy its products if the price is right. If I was asked to pay $50 for a Chinese-made item or $50 for the exact same item but manufactured in the US, I'd take the US item due to quality issues.

That's fine in terms of overall economic health. But if people can't afford to pay for gas or pay their oil bills, that could be a mess. Also, if the cost of energy increases at that level, then the cost of goods would increase proportionately, no?

There's increases and then there's increases. Nuclear power I say!

Several points. Obama wants to tax the shit out of oil, gas and natural gas to cut its use. He does not care that this will devastate America families and businesses. Add that to a rising cost of oil and guess what?

Further he is adamantly opposed to nuclear power. He supports the waste of food stocks for ethanol. Driving the cost of food out the roof as well.

In other words on these issues his policies are so bad as to be horrible.

[ Republicans won control of the House and Senate and said they'd cut taxes and not control spending.
The GOP "control" was in name only. They hadn't even anywhere close to the power the Dems have now. The Dems can do whatever they want with no GOP votes or support whatsoever. The GOP had to have lots of Dem votes and support to do anything at all.

Didn't matter. I don't care about parties.

What happened was that Congress cut taxes and did not control spending. Others can make their conclusions on who was to blame.

Ultimately, the end game is printing money to get ourselves out of this mess.
That alone won't really do much.

It is going to create enormous dislocations in the global economy. It will be help us avoid The Great Depression 2.0, but the secondary and tertiary effects are likely to be massive.
Printing money alone doesn't do that much. It's other global factors which are going to cause the desired (IMO) inflationary pressures.

Because the fuzzy math of taxing to get out doesn't work.

What happened was that Congress cut taxes and did not control spending. Others can make their conclusions on who was to blame.
But, you were blaming republicans using an old, worn-out and inaccurate talking point. They never had any true "control." And certianly nothing like what the Dems have today.

And although Congress cut taxes and did not control spending, the deficit was actually going DOWN there for awhile. Lest we forget.

Printing money alone doesn't do that much.

Sure it does. It creates inflation.

Inflation is not a rise in prices. A rise in prices is symptomatic of inflation.

Inflation is the excess creation of money. That money has to go somewhere.

The excess creation of money this decade created bubbles in housing and credit. We didn't get consumer price inflation because the opening of China and the emerging markets created enormous deflationary pressures. Thus, the money flooded into asset markets.

That is happening again. The collapse of the credit markets has created enormous deflationary pressure, and the government has created even more liquidity than it did at the beginning of the decade. That liquidity is once again flowing into asset markets. That is why gold hit an all-time high today.

But, you were blaming republicans using an old, worn-out and inaccurate talking point. They never had any true "control." And certianly nothing like what the Dems have today.

And although Congress cut taxes and did not control spending, the deficit was actually going DOWN there for awhile. Lest we forget.

The issue was controlling spending. The tax cuts more than paid for themselves. Revenue was up probably in every year but Congress spent even more than that. And Pres Bush would not veto those budgets, maybe his biggest failure of leadership.

Inflation is not a rise in prices. A rise in prices is symptomatic of inflation.

The excess creation of money this decade created bubbles in housing and credit. We didn't get consumer price inflation because the opening of China and the emerging markets created enormous deflationary pressures. Thus, the money flooded into asset markets.

That is happening again. The collapse of the credit markets has created enormous deflationary pressure, and the government has created even more liquidity than it did at the beginning of the decade. That liquidity is once again flowing into asset markets. That is why gold hit an all-time high today.
And that is why inflation is currently out of control?
Geez, don't know much about monetary policy, do we?

No, you said al Qaeda was quite healthy. I'd like to see evidence. I offered evidence that we have killed or imprisoned 40 of their top commanders. We have obviously destroyed their base of operations in Afghanistan. We have driven their senior leadership underground.
So tell me why you think they are quite healthy, other than that admitting otherwise would require giving Pres Bush credit. Which is against your religion or something.

Yep, I think it is healthy. Have terrorist attacks stopped in Iraq? So you have a list of deaths.....and? That doesn't mean much...they are like the Hydra...

The Republicans ran on an agenda to cut taxes. I took them at their word. The day after they won in 2002, I was in the market buying gold stocks hand over fist. I was right. The dollar declined and gold soared.

The Republican's policies created structural deficits. Regardless of whether or not the deficit was falling, unless the economy was going to grow at a structural rate of 6% a year - an impossibility - the budget was never going to be balanced by the Republicans. That's not the only reason why the dollar went down and gold went up, but it contributed to it.

Today, the Democrats are also creating structural deficits, even worse than Republicans. However, the Republicans controlled everything for four years. To brush aside their responsibility during that time is not a serious argument.

Re-read my post.

Yep, I think it is healthy. Have terrorist attacks stopped in Iraq? So you have a list of deaths.....and? That doesn't mean much...they are like the Hydra...

Stopped? No. Sharply lower, like by 90%? Yes. And al Qaeda doesnt have much to do with them anymore.
I asked for proof, not what you believe. I dont care what you believe. Either substantiate your point or admit you are wrong.

Re-read my post.

OK. You still don't have a clue about inflation.

Forum List

Back