F 9/11 to be shown at a polling site in Ohio

krisy said:
insein,this is insane!!! They don't need to run movies,they need to be checking names for fraudulent voters!!!! I have a feeling it's going to get nuts here come November. :rolleyes:

I could not agree more with Krisy-If the library want's to make it available for check out-okay-however they must make available "Stolen Honor" and Fah-hype as well!This librarian needs to get advice from Laura Bush-it is her field-I'm sure she would give her logical advice!

Isaac Brock said:
Why is this so unreasonable? I call special attention to the last part of the article. She was responding to her visitor's requests. I hardly think this librarian is partisan. She said she'd even show Farenhype 9/11 to balance the issues.

Mountains out of molehills, indeed!

I believe due to the laws of campaign finance reform, no endorsements or negative information towards any candidate can be within 100 yards of a polling place. So the fact that this is in a polling place is very troubling to me. FahrenHYPE 9/11 is a rebuttal of everything Moore says in his movie. So its like one guy shouting a complete lie and then another guy having to wait for him to finish to tell everyone that hes wrong.

insein said:
I believe due to the laws of campaign finance reform, no endorsements or negative information towards any candidate can be within 100 yards of a polling place. So the fact that this is in a polling place is very troubling to me. FahrenHYPE 9/11 is a rebuttal of everything Moore says in his movie. So its like one guy shouting a complete lie and then another guy having to wait for him to finish to tell everyone that hes wrong.

Is that right? If that's the case, then I suppose the law says it clear as day. I think it's harder though to prove that it was pre-meditated to provide a anti-Bush bias on the behalf of the librarian. That being said, she should have been informed that showing the movie at a future polling location is not allowed.

Forum List

Back