Eye Exercises for a smiley day

QuickHitCurepon

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2013
Earth
Besides adrenaline, the best quick and single way to overcome fatigue is smiling and especially broad smiles.

For many years, I almost had to force myself to smile.

I tried counting them in an anatomy book, and I guess there are approximately at least eighty different muscles around the head and neck. If you are depressed, these muscles get all scrunched together from frowning, expressionlessness, and poor posture. Smiles work directly on that problem.

Another great way to align the muscles of the face and reign in the nervous system is what I developed for myself called "eye exercises." Even though it may seem like they would not do much, I have found they can have a tremendous impact.

It is basically looking out of the corner of your eyes. I start with my left and keep my eyes wide open. I turn my head to the left just a little and look out of the corner of my left eye, and I try to make the movement as natural as possible and hold my eyes there for a minute. It is very important to have something interesting that you are trying to see. Also, I always try to focus on something simultaneously as possible in the other corner of my vision, which would be in front of me to the right just a little bit. I find a light works good for that because it is easy to see. Then I repeat it to the right.

I also do one where I look straight up. It doesn't work as well if you just stare at the blank ceiling. Fortunately I have track lighting and look up at that. I was always fascinated by track lighting when I was a kid because we never had it. I guess you could put a smiley face sticker on the ceiling near a light or look up just at a light or something. And for a minute each time.

I start with two sets, then after a couple of days, I do three sets.

I know it makes a big difference, although even for someone like me with a daily routine for many years, it is often hard to do those eye exercises, and I find myself often in periods when I do not do them. You have to remember that they really do help to put it all together.

Forum List

Back