Exxon CEO Joins Suit Citing Fracking Concerns

edthecynic

Censored for Cynicism
Oct 20, 2008
Exxon CEO Joins Suit Citing Fracking Concerns - WSJ.com

BARTONVILLE, Texas—One evening last November, a tall, white-haired man turned up at a Town Council meeting to protest construction of a water tower near his home in this wealthy community outside Dallas.
The man was Rex Tillerson, chairman and chief executive of Exxon Mobil Corp. XOM -0.36%
He and his neighbors had filed suit to block the tower, saying it is illegal and would create "a noise nuisance and traffic hazards," in part because it would provide water for use in hydraulic fracturing. Fracking, which requires heavy trucks to haul and pump massive amounts of water, unlocks oil and gas from dense rock and has helped touch off a surge in U.S. energy output.
It also is a core part of Exxon's business.

snip

The Exxon chief isn't the most vocal or well-known opponent of the tower. He and his wife are suing under the name of their horse ranch, Bar RR Ranches LLC, along with three other couples. The lead plaintiffs are former U.S. House Majority Leader Dick Armey and his wife, who have become fixtures at Town Council meetings.

This concerns you more than the rape-fest instituted upon the earth's environment by agriculture?

You truly are a dumb fuck.

How do you feed 300,000,000 people without agriculture for America alone? You have to be serious.

First of all, apologies for the dumb fuck part. To ed anyway LOL.

Agriculture isn't for "America alone". They export tens of millions of metric tons of grains, year in/year out.

So that's their excuse, their pass? "We feed America"! Give me a break.

What is the wind industry's excuse, their "pass" for killing endangered raptors?

"We fuel America with Green energy".

:lol:

Liberals and environmentalists are such a sorry lot of legitimized apologists.

This concerns you more than the rape-fest instituted upon the earth's environment by agriculture?

How do you feed 300,000,000 people without agriculture for America alone? You have to be serious.

Agriculture isn't for "America alone". They export tens of millions of metric tons of grains, year in/year out.

What is the wind industry's excuse, their "pass" for killing endangered raptors?

Just pointing out that fracking supporters are OK with it as long as it is not near them.

Wind turbines hardly show on the graph, in 2003 or even right now. Buildings, high tension lines, and highways, for raptors and all other avian species take a far higher toll.

Causes of Bird Mortality « Sibley Guides

Cars may kill 60 million birds per year. Of over 8 million lane miles of roads in the US, 6.3 million, or over ¾, are in rural areas where most birds are presumably killed. There’s not much we can do about this source of bird mortality short of changing our driving habits, but landscaping the roadside to discourage birds from congregating there is helpful. My own sense is that small cars with more aerodynamic designs hit fewer birds, while large boxy vans and trucks hit more birds, but I don’t think this has been studied. By the way, 100 years ago there were fewer than 250 miles of paved roads in North America, all in urban centers.

Typical "Not In My Backyard" NIMPY mentality. Hypocrisy runs deep in Texas...

Highways are fine by me but I sure as hell don't want one in my back yard.

Boy, the fossil fuel crickets in this thread are deafening. Cept for "H," that is, who can't keep his adversaries straight and just trolls blindly forward.

Hypocrisy. It's what's for dinner.

“My wife and I….selected the area obviously because of its rural lifestyle, and our love for horses….so we invested millions of dollars in the property…we wanted to protect this culture…we didn’t want this property developed into something other than that…” - Rex Tillerson, Exxon CEO.​

We hear you, Rex. And you're right. Let someone else endure it.

Last edited:
Says the parrot!!

Needed a few days to prepare your statements, didn't you, fraud? Good job, here.

Holy crap, do you ever suck at this subject material.

Same old Jiggsy! Call a few names, kick some cans down the road, next you'll embed some youtube videos on a topic you don't understand, and then run and hide for a few more years hoping folks will forget your last round of rinse and repeat.

The rich guy doesn't want ugly in his hood.

ugly that his company creates and profits from

:lmao:

fyi; this has nothing to do with the liberal lies that fracking is bad. He's just an arrogant fuck that doesn't want his property value to decline.

wait

He's making money by having the tower put up and is trying to make money by suing his own company.

That's
Fucking
Brilliant

only because you, and most of your friends, want what they sell so badly.

I recommend we all stop using, and he'll stop selling, and can fight for the scraps like everyone else!

I recommend we all stop using, and he'll stop selling, and can fight for the scraps like everyone else!

stop using oil, yourself, first.

good luck getting to work, paying the bills, heating your home

and you can forget eating. If not for oil, you wouldn't be able to get food.

Try that air and light diet, heard it's great for losing weight

stop using oil, yourself, first.

Why? I am not a believer in the nonsense of cutting off one of the more useful methods of power generation ever invented by man.

I just get tired of the "its big oil's fault" angle when big oil couldn't exist unless there was a market for their product.

Two thumbs said:
good luck getting to work, paying the bills, heating your home

It does require a chance in lifestyle, doesn't it? But you can't get the eco-fascists to mention this in their rush to condemn businesses doing nothing more than provided what is requested.

It does require a chance in lifestyle, doesn't it? But you can't get the eco-fascists to mention this in their rush to condemn businesses doing nothing more than provided what is requested.

LOL @ "eco-fascists" ... what irony and perversion of language ... it's your ilk that are the fascists. Make no mistake about it.

Oh you do spend a lot of time arguing with your straw men, don't you? Let us know how it all works out. We're sure you'll beat them all. Afterall, you get to decide what they (never actually) say.

5_8_bolger.jpg

Last edited:

LOL @ "eco-fascists" ... what irony and perversion of language ... it's your ilk that are the fascists. Make no mistake about it.

Oh you do spend a lot of time arguing with your straw men, don't you? Let us know how it all works out. We're sure you'll beat them all. Afterall, you get to decide what they (never actually) say.

5_8_bolger.jpg

do you want the government to further restrict the free market?

if so, that is part a being a fascist.

I haven't put liquid fuel in my daily commuting car for 6 weeks. You just go right ahead and keep lining the pockets of big oil and pretending its me doing it parrot.

JiggsCasey said:
Oh you do spend a lot of time arguing with your straw men, don't you?

Straw parrots maybe.

Jiggsy alert!

sky-is-falling.jpg

Forum List

Back